It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Baltimore Neighborhood Under Lockdown: "Police Declared Martial Law"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy dude your “argument” that someone is Going to argue something is not an argument. Therefore your point is moot.

Please point out in this thread where someone made that argument then you have a valid point.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
While a person interviewed said it was like Martial Law, it is important to remember that it is not actually Martial Law.

This is a police force acting like military.

I'm not well versed in this sort of thing, is this even legal? I mean, if it were the military and they were given authority to do so that's one thing but this is a police station. If the military needs authorization, shouldn't the police as well?
edit on 20-11-2017 by Noncents because: Removed & Corrected Two Words

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

a clear explanation from the City as to why this unprecedented action has been taken

police only care about blue blood
edit on 21-11-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I didn't make an "argument", I made an "observation". And you have people in here saying it's a "cultural" thing, not an individual thing. You have a poster stating that anyone there under 30 has already been suspected/convicted "dozens" of times, another one sarcastically stating "damn those white people", one stating the military should roll through and "take out the trash".

Yea, I think my point stands

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The entire neighborhood isnt under lockdown. Police blocked off one street and a dirt lot next store searching for clues. They even left but returned after the autopsy because they had additional evidence. They returned to the lot probably looking for a shell casing since the autopsy could tell them direction of the fatal shot.

At any crime scene police only allow residents to enter to avoid crime scene from being contaminated they have to show proof of residence. Sorry if the residents feel its inconvenient but blocking off a street where a murder took place is very normal. Police in my city locked down a street for 4 days looking for the murderer of a homeless man who died in a side alley. Yes people complained but as i said its normal.

edit on 11/21/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Welcome to machine. Too bad police do not respond as forcibly when one of their own kills a person without justification, usually an unarmed person of color, of course.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

I places like that its not just lone criminals...now that's not to say everyone who lives in "the hood" is a criminal or bad person...just a lot more of them concentrated in a smaller area. I'm not about pretending a turd isn't a turd. It seems you're fine with it though.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It was meant kinda tongue in cheek...I knew good,and well they didn't shut down the neighborhood to investigate his cousins murder. I was trying to make the point that they could couldn't care less about us regular Joe's but when its one of them they pull out all the stops. I am in no way on board with the tactics they used here as it is against our constitution and tramples all of our rights. Its made worse to me that they are clearly not doing it because they feel its,the right thing to do...if that was the case they would do this for the regular Joe too...but no they only trample rights when they want revenge for their own. It was done to punish that hood...they knew good and well no one was going to talk.

Hope that clears up my position here.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

originally posted by: loveguy

At least the ones who got ripped out of their native land and made to be laborers for people who couldn't achieve aspirations on their own merit won emancipation from them.

Those people are all dead. Stop beating that damn horse.

Yes, but the effects of what were done to "those people" are still very much a reality. To deny that is ridiculous.

Stop hiding behind such a tired argument.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
this IMO is mostly the result of the drug war

end the drug war and a majority of this and related crime totally dissipates

why anyone still supports that lunacy is beyond me

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I get what your saying on the overreach thing, but it won't hit home to most until it directly effects their family. My cousin (pretty much little brother) was shot in the back of the head in one of these ghettos just a couple weeks ago. Guess what, nobody in the neighborhood wants to talk to the police, so my cousin gets no justice.

So on that note, I don't feel sorry for the neighborhoods that actively protect murderers. I feel sorry for the men that have to patrol those criminal havens. I guess if the citizens of that neighborhood are conducting any criminal behavior then they have something to worry about, but if not I'm unsure why getting a dangerous murderer off the streets is a big deal.

Too much television...

Consider, maybe the only witness is the gunman?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dfnj2015

Part of it is due to culture and part of it is due to frustration and between them they lead us to this.

When you have a culture that decides to not talk out of reverence for the thug life and fear of reprisal and mistrust of the "other," you end up sowing cover for the murderer.

When you know it's your job to try to police and protect an entire community that is mostly working against you for one reason or another, frustration boils over.

Two wrongs never make a right. And yet all I ever hear or see is demands for one side to fix itself. Both sides are sick here.

You never seen First 48 lol? In real life there is no "stop snitching" campaign.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: projectvxn

In the neighborhoods where some of those soldiers may have grown up.

Not likely. In my unit in basic, we had 2 guy's from the hood. Both were kicked out within a month. Military doesn't deal with that crap, when I was in. Now, I am not sure what the req. are.

That's false the military gets a large portion of its ranks from the hood and rural areas. Both areas don't have much to offer and the military is a way out.

If you talk to many of the SGM they come from hoods. Recruits from families with money go Officer.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Some of the cities in the US have become war zones.

It's sad.

You think that after 8 years of Obama pumping money into the neighborhoods, people would be happy as a lark.

Can you reference us to where exactly, money was pumped into neighborhoods? In what form too? Also what neighborhoods?

I'm doing this to illustrate to some, talking points they hear and run with...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

originally posted by: loveguy

At least the ones who got ripped out of their native land and made to be laborers for people who couldn't achieve aspirations on their own merit won emancipation from them.

Those people are all dead. Stop beating that damn horse.

Are their descendants dead?

Do you ask Jews to stop beating their dead horse?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: loveguy

And how does it get that way?

None of us take a thing from them.

We cannot force their mothers to get their education (see comments about schools paying kids to attend - something most of us think of as responsibility). We cannot force their mothers to not get pregnant before they graduate high school, let alone some post secondary education of some type. We cannot force their mothers to avoid getting pregnant with multiple children by multiple men, none of whom she married, none of whom will stay to raise their offspring.

We cannot force them to be raised in a manner where thugs are thugs, not heroes or father figures. We cannot force them be raised in an environment where education is important and not scorned as "acting white." We cannot force them to see more viable careers than basketball player or rap star or drug dealer for their futures.

We cannot ingrain in them a sense of respect for the rule of law as a thing that helps keep them safe in a larger society rather than as a tool of white man's oppression that holds them down.

It is culture that has to change as much as anything else does in order for this problem to be well and truly fixed.

Do you recognize that all of the inflictions you list, were caused or sponsored by the countries government?

A bastard group is given a culture, remember theirs was beaten out of them?

When the Jews had their holocaust, did the world collectively just leave them to eat crumbs?

(post by Mandeezeerael removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandeezeerael

You realize that admitting to being banned gets you banned for making another account, right? smfh

(post by Mandeezeerael removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Well now it comes out Det. Sean Suiter was killed with his own gun and was going to testify for the Feds at a grand jury against some crooked cops

Slain Baltimore homicide Detective Sean Suiter was scheduled to testify before a federal grand jury in the case against a squad of indicted officers on the day after he was shot, Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said Wednesday evening

link
But don't go all conspiracy, the cops don't think it's related. Yeah right.
edit on 22-11-2017 by Regnor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join