It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Baltimore Neighborhood Under Lockdown: "Police Declared Martial Law"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Seminole Heights, FL would be all over this tactic like white on rice if the popo took this route. They've had a serial killer offing random people recently. I wouldn't call it a true ghetto, it's turned way around down there, but like I said, if it got the guy, I doubt they'd bat an eyelash.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

One of the many reasons no one talks to the police is situations like this. They treat everyone in the neighborhood like a suspect so everyone clams up. Also, tell me how many cops are pointing the finger at other cops when they see them breaking the law.

If you are under 30 there you most likely already been a suspect/convicted a dozen of times...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It is situations like this one where I wish we could take the people who do not want anything to do with police and offer them their own land to form their own society.

Any left behind, of course, have to agree to subject themselves to the same laws as the rest of us.

Then we can see what they can do.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I bet the crime rate in that neighborhood has been zero for the past couple of days...

Nah, plenty of crimes being committed. Stalking, harassment, threats, assaults, illegal searches, etc. It's just that the perps are wearing badges.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Antifa/BLM badges?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
In my opinion, which really doesn't matter, I think that the city should offer life changing rewards for acts like this. The only thing that will get "good" people talking in these situations is an opportunity to get out of these neighborhoods.

I'm mean, how much is the city spending on all of these extra authorities and equipment ran sacking the neighborhood? Offer a reward worth serious money and a package deal to relocate them to a better place and people would start talking. The city confiscated how many properties, vehicles, and other such goods from criminals? Why not start a good citizen foundation and reward people for turning in serious criminals and the like?

I don't know, maybe people just would rather spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on useless searches and sweeps,which in turn makes the people more disgruntled.

It's time to step outside the box and think of real solutions to this mess.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Having to pay people to be good citizens is so f#ing sad.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I keep seeing "This culture" being thrown around. Street gangs are bad yada yada.

I'm pretty sure that these thugs were innocent before they got 'recruited' into this lifestyle.

At least the ones who got ripped out of their native land and made to be laborers for people who couldn't achieve aspirations on their own merit won emancipation from them.

If you ask me, it ain't nothing more than a proclamation falling on deaf ears.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

At least the ones who got ripped out of their native land and made to be laborers for people who couldn't achieve aspirations on their own merit won emancipation from them.

Those people are all dead. Stop beating that damn horse.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I wonder what happens if a local leader were to call a militia to free their community in a scenario like that?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

About as sad as the concept of paying kids to attend school, but they've thought about that in some school districts.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I stand by the Baltimore Police in this case. This cop was a good guy trying to clean up the streets of Baltimore.

I hope the cops reign terror on the area they have on lock-down. These hoods support these bad guys. I'm sure there are plenty sitting back smiling and laughing about this father of 5 being killed in cold blood by some dirty POS.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, I've heard about that. It's pretty much the same thing. Kids apparently have to go to school by law (i think), so it is paying them to not break it. SMFH

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Is it as sad as the ridiculous murders that are happening?

Nothing is working.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

Those people are all dead. Stop beating that damn horse.

That horse ain't dead. Innocent boys and girls have less options than you or I had...
"hooray for me-eff the rest" is a viral infection if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

YOU sure?
I'm sure I could say SOMETHING about killing them...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

And how does it get that way?

None of us take a thing from them.

We cannot force their mothers to get their education (see comments about schools paying kids to attend - something most of us think of as responsibility). We cannot force their mothers to not get pregnant before they graduate high school, let alone some post secondary education of some type. We cannot force their mothers to avoid getting pregnant with multiple children by multiple men, none of whom she married, none of whom will stay to raise their offspring.

We cannot force them to be raised in a manner where thugs are thugs, not heroes or father figures. We cannot force them be raised in an environment where education is important and not scorned as "acting white." We cannot force them to see more viable careers than basketball player or rap star or drug dealer for their futures.

We cannot ingrain in them a sense of respect for the rule of law as a thing that helps keep them safe in a larger society rather than as a tool of white man's oppression that holds them down.

It is culture that has to change as much as anything else does in order for this problem to be well and truly fixed.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We cannot force

You're right about that.

What's the harm in encouraging people to treat people fairly?

Our education system is broke if only those who can afford to attend college will attend college.

I remember when after Vietnam our teachers encouraged us to work as hard as the Vietnamese do on our assignments;
just the opportunity for a better life motivates them to do well. They get breaks not equal to our African-culture friends.
I'm pretty certain it's engineered that way.

It's a paradox or something strange why American citizens born here who require the same things we all do and yet, there's a brick wall everywhere they point their noses.

They're not the one's with an alien-type virus, but are treated as such.

I won't sit on the sidelines and be a spectator when I see injustices like this...
I know I ain't got the juice to wet everyone's lip, but I will do what I can.

I've seen you make good sense of things on the boards here before today.
Let's see what you got in terms of legislation?

ETA;
I'm guilty of talking off topic so you're at liberty to ignore.
edit on (11/20/1717 by loveguy because: sorry i forgot the topic and wandered off into this

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Really?

I taught in an inner city school with three cultures: African-American, Hispanic, Vietnamese. They all were in pretty tough conditions, and you could see the difference in cultures. Vietnamese still tended to work their butts off wringing every bit of value out of that educational opportunity they could as poor as it was. They had the same environment as their African-American peers there.

The African descent kids who also did the best? Usually were recently from the Caribbean.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Was he one of the many crooked cops who can die doing business or a good clean cop who was assasinated on duty?

Many many crooked cops and prosecutors lawyers and Judges and other people who need to be getting completely out of the businesses they corrupted arent getting the message......maybe bad crooked cops are now considered trophys and good clean cops are considered hands off by the criminal world....and the criminals know who is corrupt and who is not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join