It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad and Disgusting - Nurses Laugh as Decorated WWII Veteran Dies in Nursing Home.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The video is hard to watch, if you have older people in your life that you love and care about. But I'm thankful that the judge decided to release this information to the public. Hopefully, it will generate more family involvement, which in turn will cause nursing homes to better supervise the nurses and employees.

A hidden video from 2014 showed nurses laughing as a World War II veteran repeatedly called for help and died while in their care.

The family of James Dempsey, 89, of Woodstock, Ga., hid a camera in the late veteran’s room in the Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehabilitation Center which captured the night he died.

The video showed the decorated WWII veteran repeatedly calling for help, saying he could not breathe. It also showed the nurses failing to take life-saving measures and laughing as they tried to start an oxygen machine.

Full article, with video, at: www.foxnews.com...

I've had relatives, including my own father, die in a nursing home, in the middle of night.

The ONLY reason this patient's cruel death was documented, is because the family of James Dempsey hid a camera in his room. Obviously they suspected that he was being neglected. It makes you wonder just how widespread nursing home neglect and abuse really is, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
F#king hell....

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
That is terrible and sickening. I am certain that similar, and worse, things happen that we never know about.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
F#king hell....

My thoughts exactly! Why be a nurse if you don't care about your patients?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

F#king hell....

That's because people need to work, they don't want to but they need to make a living.

This is not behavior exclusive to nurses, it is a massive problem with society and will only get worse.

These sick #ers are an epidemic throughout the entire work spectrum. It is worse in positions of authority like law enforcement.

As we slaves are further burdened by economic hardship this behavior will only get worse.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This is what happens when nursing and caring becomes a job rather than a vocation.

Sadly, it's impossible to prevent abuse and neglect by those trusted to care for the vulnerable. On a positive note, the other side of the coin presents us with people who do care, and who recognise that they have both a personal, professional and social responsibility to help people.
edit on 19/11/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
What do you expect? The current generation despises the baby boomers.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: carewemust

F#king hell....

That's because people need to work, they don't want to but they need to make a living.

This is not behavior exclusive to nurses, it is a massive problem with society and will only get worse.

These sick #ers are an epidemic throughout the entire work spectrum. It is worse in positions of authority like law enforcement.

As we slaves are further burdened by economic hardship this behavior will only get worse.

Economic hardship is not an excuse to lose your god damn humanity. That is a choice.

We're not nine meals from anarchy are we?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Really? You really believe that.

Humanity is falling through the cracks, not because people in general are nasty assholes, but because they are fed up and sick of being thrown under the bus.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Really? You really believe that.

Humanity is falling through the cracks, not because people in general are nasty assholes, but because they are fed up and sick of being thrown under the bus.

I would say people become nasty assholes because they feel they were thrown under the bus.

In America, everyone has an equal right to the pursuit of happiness, not to happiness itself. Stop worrying about what's happening on the other side of the country and look at your communities. You'll find that people in general are trying to be decent people, despite their situations. Those that aren't made that choice.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I'm not worried, I'm simply offering a view, which is mine, which I have formed through my experience.

I agree with that most people are doing their best under the circumstances, I also believe there is a segment of society that have gone off the rails, and those numbers are growing, daily.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
First I thought got to be American and then I thought, I bet there black .

2 points for me .

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I had to spend three weeks at a nursing home to finnish antibiotic treatment. Is it racist to point out that when I had African American cna's or nurses it would take two or three times longer for them to do the same task, like getting medications from nurse or cna help, than it would other ethnic groups? In one instance it took them 3 hrs to answer a light in middle of the night. There was only two on the shift that night, both African American, which was on a holiday weekend when all the regular cna's are off. Im pretty certain they had left the facilities for a couple hours.

Other ethnic groups like anglos, Hispanics and black citizens of African or Caribbean countries who were working at the facility didn't have such poor work performance. It was just African Americans, who pussy footed around or socialized with other employees that made staying at such a facility much worse than it should be.
edit on 19-11-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
That is terrible and sickening. I am certain that similar, and worse, things happen that we never know about.

Didn't many patients/residents die at a Florida Keys nursing home, because the employees evacuated and left them there, just before the hurricane hit a few months ago?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
What do you expect? The current generation despises the baby boomers.

An 89 year old is not of the Baby Boomer generation. That would be the Silent Generation. Nice attempt at trying to manipulate the discussion though.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
There's far more good, caring nurses than sicko sadistic nurses, of course.

The percentage of horrible nurses in some retirement/care homes seem much greater, when compared to RN's, etc in hospitals

Don't put your parents in a care home, if you don't have to. The elderly are often treated in these homes like dogs, except dogs will get food, and baths.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That happened in Hollywood Fl across the street from where my sister was born at Memorial Hospital. Sick.

My poor grandmother was beaten and bruised in her nursing home and they stole her clothes etc. She spent the last third of her life in a nursing home because she had hemorrhages of the brain-she couldn't communicate but still sang and played the piano. It broke my heart, we moved her to what we thought was the best-Christian City nearer to family.

They were given specific instructions not to give her a flu shot-it was the late 70s so it had a live virus in the mixture-gave it to her and she died of the flu in a week.

My sorority sister's father was head of the institutions for the state and I asked him to investigate. Think he had been paid off for too many years.

I visited the Veteran's Hospital where this poor veteran died when I was in the USO in the 70s-a horror I can never forget.

Where's the outrage! Where's our humanity!

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

These sick f****rs are an epidemic throughout the entire work spectrum. It is worse in positions of authority like law enforcement.

So much for the "Motherly Instinct" of nurturing and caring females. What a bloody myth!

I wonder if this would have been different if "he" was a "she"?....probably not.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It is so disgusting to me.

Many years ago, my Dad had to put his Aunt in a care home. I had always known her to be a very smart, nice great Aunt.

But she was starting to get dementia, and we had to put her in a care home.

And this was the first time I went to a care home, to see my Aunt.

It felt like my Aunt, and everyone else, was on a 24/7 death watch.

I'd rather be dead than in these sorts of 'care' homes.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The funny thing is ,if he didn't go to war , they would probably be dead .

Ironic !

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join