It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad and Disgusting - Nurses Laugh as Decorated WWII Veteran Dies in Nursing Home.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
My sister was murdered in a care home 4 years ago on Christmas Eve by a staff member that was not legally to give drugs to the residents. No charges were filed for manslaughter. Its all a racket and the judges in town are paid to look the other way on such cases. If you don't believe me, wait till a love one falls into this "hotel of death" called care centers.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Stuff like this is why I will continue to eat red meat, drink , smoke and ride a motorcycle.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Stuff like this is why I will continue to eat red meat, drink , smoke and ride a motorcycle.

Hey man, what is your choice of the motorcycle?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I had a rocket 3 up until recently. That was a beaut. Too shiny to keep any longer so I'm back with myold chain drive sportster and 600 fzr Yammie for when the hooligan in me needs letting out

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I had a rocket 3 up until recently. That was a beaut. Too shiny to keep any longer so I'm back with myold chain drive sportster and 600 fzr Yammie for when the hooligan in me needs letting out

she

悔いんdu  
くい

hey dude the bike is freedom, even if you don't own a Harley , me i ride the fastest bike in town against the yakuza that are trying to collect protection money form me, fk them assholes.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
What do you expect? The current generation despises the baby boomers.

A world war 2 veteran is not a baby boomer.

Think before you attempt to contribute.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Any bike works. I've had a load, wouldn't be without one as a long ride is damn good therapy. Not one of those bosozuku are ya?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I've never had an elderly relative in a nursing home. Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents....none. If anyone gets sick enough they can't take care of themselves, family looks out for them. My grandmother on my Father's side was 102 when she died.
At Home.
My daughter joked that she would pay for me to live in a nice nursing home when I got too old to take care of myself.
Not Happening.
If I get so old and frail or sick with a terminal disease that I can't dress myself or feed myself...when I can no longer manage the day to day things of living an independent life, I check out on my own terms.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Totally agree. There's a world of difference between being alive and just existing for a long time.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I think you got it wrong.
Your lifestyle will just make it happened sooner.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

My grandmother got very ill/ dementia that as a family we were ill equipped to deal with medical needs(I.V meds and other more personal issues)

She went to one of the better palliative care places where i live, and they place was nice and my grandma couldn't really tell where she was, and i was worried about stories exactly like this so i made sure NO MATTER what i would spend at least one hour a day there to A) keep her company and B) to let the staff know i was going to be there everyday and checking on all of her needs and issues.

Thankfully the staff was VERY good and i never saw any problems with my family member. but there were MANY did not get visitors.

people who abuse anyone that are trusted with care of anyone should face HARSH punishment. or just let the families that were effect do with them what they choose

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That's the point. Better to enjoy life and die a few years earlier than to get old enough to rot away in a nursing home where you're abused and neglected.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

It really hurt me that the state administrator, a friend, did nothing when my grandmother was murdered by that vaccine. I loved her so much.

This VA Hospital here in Atlanta is an experience like no other. There are so many lifers there with no family or friends to check them. The loneliness and neglect is heartbreaking. They were so grateful for visitors. I feel guilty for not continuing visits but I was young and I did not really understand the situation. Now, I have anger-this is truly a nationwide/countrywide shameful situation. Who has their voice?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Sadly to say, we have a lot of people working in nursing homes and hospitals who do not have compassion for people. They are there for the pay, not for helping people. There are good nurses but it seems like the number of healthcare workers that are just there to collect a paycheck and try to get increased pay and benefits is really increased over the last twenty years.

When I was young, it seemed there was a higher percentage of healthcare workers who were there to help people. Now it is all business for many, they don't really care about the patients. There were some of these back in the seventies, but the percentage of non-compassionate ones was less. I guess by expanding the medical field and reducing factory jobs, we wound up with the wrong types of people working in healthcare.

It's good that we have at least half of good healthcare workers yet I suppose. It could be worse. Another problem is that the nursing homes and hospitals are focusing on education credentials too much and not enough on the compassion of their employees, to the hospitals, a nurse spending too much time with a patient is not acceptable. Our whole healthcare system is broken. I suppose this will bring down the wrath of healthcare workers, the compassionate ones will say nothing, they are disgusted with what they see at work, the ones who believe that wages are the most important thing will not like what I say.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
More evidence for this:

2 Timothy 3:1-5

3 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

The "not open to any agreement" is more noticeable on ATS, in particular the forums: religion&theology, origins&creationism, philosophy&metaphysics, conspiracies in religion and probably a bunch of forums that I rarely visit (so I can't tell for sure). On origins&creationism the following ones are also quite noticeable: "lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers,..., fierce, headstrong, puffed up with pride.

On the religion&theology forum and conspiracies in religion forum the following are most prominent (along with the ones just mentioned for origins&creationism): disloyal (to God Almighty, the true God; any loyalty is directed towards other gods or Trinitarian doctrines or the doctrines of whatever other religion they were taught; a loyalty to false religion or false spiritual views/philosophies, i.e. Babylon the Great), betrayers (of Jesus and his God also referred to as "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" at Ephesians 1:3), having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power.

Verse 7 also speaks about those who are "always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth." That one is most prominent on philosophy&metaphysics, science&technology and all the various conspiracy subforums (also see my signature and text under my name in relation to this).
edit on 19-11-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

My mother had her heart surgery in Boston. Thanksgiving night last year while visiting she told my sister and myself that a particular cna had been mean to her and hurt her, but begged us not to say anything as she wouldn’t be there much longer.

Well I wasn’t having it. I followed the B out of the room, down the hallway and when she turned around and looked at me I stared her down with the look that portrayed I will wait for your ass outside.

My mother never had a problem with her again.

I feel for the people who are helpless on these situations.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
My sister was murdered in a care home 4 years ago on Christmas Eve by a staff member that was not legally to give drugs to the residents. No charges were filed for manslaughter. Its all a racket and the judges in town are paid to look the other way on such cases. If you don't believe me, wait till a love one falls into this "hotel of death" called care centers.

I'm sure the OWNERS of these nursing homes would rather keep the patient ALIVE. They can't make money after the patient dies. It's hourly employees who have nothing to lose.

But I guess most jobs are like that.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
These people see death so often they have become callous to it. Dad passed 2 years ago and the day before the nurse was talking about how things were going to go down and how quickly, right beside his bed. I told them to take that # out in the hall. He could have heard that. Last thing a dying person needs to hear.

Once a person gets to the point where death doesn't move you it's time to look for another job. Say a slaughterhouse. Looking after people should no longer be an option.
edit on 19-11-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That's the point. Better to enjoy life and die a few years earlier than to get old enough to rot away in a nursing home where you're abused and neglected.

I was saying you will still end up in the nursing home with lung cancer or a broken body from a motorcycle crash.
You will just be there sooner.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
That is terrible and sickening. I am certain that similar, and worse, things happen that we never know about.
Just wait 15 years till the obama taught millennials are running care taking efforts with their Godless views. They won't ask who the (bell tolls) respirator cries for it cries out for thee.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join