It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad and Disgusting - Nurses Laugh as Decorated WWII Veteran Dies in Nursing Home.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychicCroMag

originally posted by: Blueracer
That is terrible and sickening. I am certain that similar, and worse, things happen that we never know about.
Just wait 15 years till the obama taught millennials are running care taking efforts with their Godless views. They won't ask who the (bell tolls) respirator cries for it cries out for thee.

Congrats. You win partisan post of the month. Blaming imaginary crap a decade and a half from now on Obama.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Stuff like this is why I will continue to eat red meat, drink , smoke and ride a motorcycle.
Just stop smoking tobacco and you will be ok- It will be one of the best decisions you have ever made in your life. Ask anyone who has quit.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My husband is 22 years older.than me. He suffered a terrible stroke 18 months ago. They tried to force him into a care home saying ild not cope with him. Also said he was not likely to live much longer.

I refused, brought him home. Got him off the opiate painkillers, off the blood pressure meds using supplements, monitored his blood pressure closely. Did physio with him. Made him get up, ditched the walker within 6 months. Did.swallow exercises.

He can now walk unaided, eat.a full range of food unaided, clean himself, use the bathroom alone.

He would not have done any of this in a carehome. They would have.hastened his demise.

I never left his side in hospital. Made sure they knew he was loved. Even then, some nurses.were awful. Like the one who called him.stupid and shouted at him for spilling a glass of water. He has just had a.stroke. He was not capable of holding a glass.

None of his recovery was possible.without God or prayer. That said, carehomes are not somewhere you put someone you want to be safe, let alone heal.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
What do you expect? The current generation despises the baby boomers.

An 89 year old is not of the Baby Boomer generation. That would be the Silent Generation. Nice attempt at trying to manipulate the discussion though.

I'm just going by the millennial definition: Old Person.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychicCroMag

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Stuff like this is why I will continue to eat red meat, drink , smoke and ride a motorcycle.
Just stop smoking tobacco and you will be ok- It will be one of the best decisions you have ever made in your life. Ask anyone who has quit.

Doctor told me to quit if I ever want my back pain to have a chance of subsiding. 6 months quit, back is feeling pretty good.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A bit late but heres a longer video of her deposition testimony, showing more of the video.

She freely admits guilt, critiques her own actions...

edit on 19-11-2017 by intrptr because: fixed embed

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That is exactly right.

When you've let go of your humanity to that point, it's time to leave, and go work construction, or something.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: intrepid

That is exactly right.

When you've let go of your humanity to that point, it's time to leave, and go work construction, or something.

What makes you think construction workers lack humanity?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If I'd said another profession, would that have worked better for you?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If I'd said another profession, would that have worked better for you?

How about internet forum moderator or say nothing at all.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

My mother's been in nursing home for 10 years. The trick is to terrorize the bastards. I tried the nice, yuppie professional approach and predictably got #e on. 3 shirts and some face lotion went missing/were stolen so i got the cops involved, made a massive, massive stink over it. Then I found a kick ass lawyer who specializes in malpractice etc, a real aggressive ambulance chaser, keyword aggressive. Hates men too, I found out. She became my little pit-bull. Then I started recording every interaction I had with the staff, right down to complaining to the dishwasher about his quality control. After a while the administrators started having panic attacks when they saw me walking in the door. To them I was a rage snarling monster. Then I started coalition building with other families, got a bunch bottom feeders fired finally. Like the poor old WW2 vet, video don't lie. They tried to ban me from the property after one outburst, but my lawyer straightened that out in a big way.
You gotta fight hard for dignity but when you bring it back to street level, it's amazing how people line up.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wulfrida

Nice! Way to be!

(post by StunPrix removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If you think that this type of behavior is only seen in one race or ethnicity, you are gravely mistaken and you should probably get out more and do so with an open mind. Some of these comments are indicitive of exactly how racist of a society we truly are. Some people kick the can down the steeet while others sweep it under the rug.

Look around, this isn’t a “black” problem as some have alluded to. It’s a societal one. How many elderly have been eaten by angry white people? There’s videos of it all over YouTube, but some people want to focus in on this being a product of black culture? Bad people have no skin color.

Deny ignorance!! Including your own!!
edit on 19-11-2017 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

This hit a chord with me. Because my own parent died the same way, ignored by stupid nurses who didn't care. He fell 22 times and finally the impact on his brain did it, they laughed and drank coffee while my dad died. I will never forget what they did or forgive them for that. People like this disggust me.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Are they nurses? I mean degree nurses? Usually people who work in nursing homes are not nurses and make a little more than min. wage. I'm not excusing their behavior. Did you go to the link? Read some of the comments? I'm not surprised at all. This is typical dindu behavior.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
If you think that this type of behavior is only seen in one race or ethnicity, you are gravely mistaken and you should probably get out more and do so with an open mind. Some of these comments are indicitive of exactly how racist of a society we truly are. Some people kick the can down the steeet while others sweep it under the rug.

Look around, this isn’t a “black” problem as some have alluded to. It’s a societal one. How many elderly have been eaten by angry white people? There’s videos of it all over YouTube, but some people want to focus in on this being a product of black culture? Bad people have no skin color.

Deny ignorance!! Including your own!!

And people that think it's a black problem are as ignorant who think it's a white one a red one or a yellow one. Most people aren't like that, most people care. It's society that's making people not care, all the stupid crap they put on tv and the net. Sick people create sick societys until someone says STOP.
edit on 19-11-2017 by ShatteredKingdom because: (no reason given)

(post by Merlynn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Merlynn

Where do you live, The Sudan??

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: StunPrix

Trust Stunprix, that's a sanitized version. I knock on doors and wait by cars.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join