It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump administration lifts ban on importing lion hunt trophies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Those little kitties can get to rather large sizes. I saw tracks out back of beyond while back packing a few years back, that were just monstrous, my first look at 'em that morning, I thought at first glance a bear had visited, they were that big, but upon closer review...OMG, those were, to this day, the largest cat tracks I've ever seen.

I guestimated the weight at around 300 lbs. I've been told that they only get to, in the largest, just a tad over 200 lbs...

I've my doubts those folks know what they're talkin' about...
He was a big ol' tom puma, he'd circled my camp, about 20 ft out from my wimpy little tent, sniffed around a bit, then strolled off into the woods towards the mountains higher up. He didn't want any trouble, and I sure as heck didn't... He went that way, I went another.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Yes, it is.

Not a fan of trophy hunting, at all. Never done it, never will.

As for hunting 'em? There are five animals, in no particular order, in Africa who will cheerfully hunt you right back.

Elephant, especially old bulls, or mama's with calf. Cape Buffalo (my vote for the most dangerous animal on Earth, outside of man.). Leopards. Lions. ...and last, but not least, Hippos. Hippos, oddly enough you might think, are responsible for more deaths than the others.

If you want to go out into the bush to hunt 'em, and give 'em a chance to hunt you? Fine, have at it, I wish you luck.

The only animal in North America that I'd classify as anywhere near as dangerous as those five would be a Moose in rut, and a mama-bear with you between her and her cubs, other wise she'll usually just disappear into the woods.

I've hunted moose. ...and got treed by a bull in rut. Not a fun experience. No question in my mind who the endangered one was...me.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I've hunted moose. ...and got treed by a bull in rut. Not a fun experience. No question in my mind who the endangered one was...me.

Thankyou for giving me a laugh there Seagull. I'm glad you came out that one in one piece. I wouldn't mess with those animals, no sir.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My personal belief.....If you aint gonna eat it, dont kill it.
Unless it`s for self protection.

Big game hunting might make someone feel like a man, but in my eyes, I look at them as ....well.... pu$$ies.
If you are going to hunt for sport, be a man.....hunt those elephants and lions with a knife. Then you can have a trophy you actually earned. But then... you better eat the meat.

Here on my island, we hunt boar for food. No jeeps or trucks.
Most of us hike in only with knives and our dogs. No guns.
We only kill what we are going to eat.
Meat is shared with friends, family, and yes...the dogs get their share because they earned it.
edit on 18-11-2017 by johnjohn808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: johnjohn808

You think it's humane to chase down an animal with other animals then when you catch it you stab it to death, sounds extremely stressful to the animal.

A well placed shot would take down just about any animal and it would cause the least amount of stress to it.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Yep didn't sit well with folks:

Donald Trump puts plan to allow importation of elephant body parts 'on hold' after backlash

But it's still legal to hunt them so this changes nothing.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Oh I'm sure it changes nothing to you. It's pretty evident they didn't expect to get this level of response so they've reacted accordingly. Not a good look on the administration and even Trump is smart enough to realize this.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: angeldoll

Show a picture of an elephant to a five year old, and ask them if killing it in it's own home is a good thing to do. If you dare. If you care. When he says "no", ask him/her why. You might learn something.

Get out of here with your fake b.s

Right. I'll get right on that skippy. You can't tell fake from what's true. I guess I should have known that, since it's obvious in your every post.

/done with you.
edit on 11/18/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You do know that in many cases that's exactly what's happening, right? Those animals are a problem for a village or community, and the shooter (I don't call 'em hunters, as they're guided right to 'em in most cases.) takes the animal. Do you know anything about the industry?

Do I know anything about the "industry"? The industry of protecting yourself and home against wild animals?
This thread isn't about that. Nor is it about poachers, who are among the most disgusting people.

It's about "trophy" hunting. So please Seagull. Lose "the industry" angle. gag. I'm aware of the big game hunters, how expensive it is, a sport for the rich, and some hoops you do to engage it. I oppose it. Will that do?
edit on 11/18/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Oh I'm sure it changes nothing to you. It's pretty evident they didn't expect to get this level of response so they've reacted accordingly. Not a good look on the administration and even Trump is smart enough to realize this.

Is it still legal to hunt big game?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It's about "trophy" hunting. So please Seagull. Lose "the industry" angle. gag.

Which is still legal, you just can't bring your prize back with you.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Strawman. This was never a debate yet you keep on mentioning it.

The administration has backtracked on importation. It's clear as day.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yes. Trump is another one who never quite learned the difference between right and wrong. He has to wait for someone to tell him. You know, "yes, Donald. It's wrong to grab women's genitals. It's wrong to make fun of handicapped people.
It's wrong to bring elephant tusks and heads home to mount in your office. It's wrong to kill sleeping bears.

It's wrong to take from the poor and give to the rich, and no, Donald. If they have no bread, then why do you think they have cake?"

These things must be explained to him, and then he pretends like he understands. Like a good little narcissist.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yes. Trump is another one who never quite learned the difference between right and wrong. He has to wait for someone to tell him. You know, "yes, Donald. It's wrong to grab women's genitals. It's wrong to make fun of handicapped people.
It's wrong to bring elephant tusks and heads home to mount in your office. It's wrong to kill sleeping bears.

It's wrong to take from the poor and give to the rich, and no, Donald. If they have no bread, then why do you think they have cake?"

These things must be explained to him, and then he pretends like he understands. Like a good little narcissist.

Bwaaaa, the fake is strong in you.
😂

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Strawman. This was never a debate yet you keep on mentioning it.

The administration has backtracked on importation. It's clear as day.

What's the point if your still allowed to hunt them?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The point is you can fined, charged, under law if you're caught importing them.

The administration has put a hold on lifting the ban.

I don't know why you keep raising arbitrary questions.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The guided hunt business in Africa is an industry. Sorry you don't like it. Really, I am. Those people feed their families with not only the money those hunters pay, what doesn't go to preservation efforts, and the meat goes to those villages.

...and yes, it is about poaching. It's not the hunters who pay who are the dangers to the well being of entire species. It's the ones who go out at night and spotlight the animals and shoot them with automatic rifles...then cut off the ivory, or the horn, and leave the rest to the hyena's and jackals.

You want to be outraged? Be outraged about that.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You saying the local villages can’t feed themselves?

I bet they are better hunters than the trophy hunters, after all they choose to live in that location

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
the elephants heard about this; pasteboard.co...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join