It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump administration lifts ban on importing lion hunt trophies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't understand the logic behind this? What legitimate reason could there possibly be to lift this ban??

The news about lion trophy imports come after Donald Trump's administration said on Wednesday it was going to lift the Obama-era ban on imports of elephant remains from the same two African countries.

The announcement was condemned as a "backwards step" by conservation charities, which warned elephant numbers were sharply declining due to poaching and a reduction in their territory.

www.independent.co.uk...

Never ceases to amaze me, the actions of this administration. Just when you think it can't go any crazier. Lions have been designated endangered by the FWS. I can't find any justification for this. None. But hey maybe I shouldn't be too surprised given the history of the Trumps and trophy hunting:

Truly disgusting.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Might want to put a pic of an actual Lion instead of a Leopard/Cheetah???

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I read about elephant trophies too.

www.cbc.ca...

Pretty petty because it's an Obama law. This won't sit well with most people.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Keep an eye on this thread just to see how the pro Trump people spin this one.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So you thought because it was banned people wouldn't do it? Kind of like making murder illegal?

It's probably better off being regulated and tracked. And they charge money for it, which goes back to help endangered animals.

Lift ing the Ban on Elephant Trophies Will Probably Help Save Elephants

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Might want to put a pic of an actual Lion instead of a Leopard/Cheetah???

Lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

This was brought up at work today and I said it might be because Obama made the law

Trump is a pathetic petty little man

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Do you really think lions will go extinct?

Go lobby the governments over there that have these parks, make sure the millions spent by people like Trump's kids are pumped back into preservation and antipoaching tactics.
I refer you to my signature.

I dont even own a gun, I may have run over a cat or two in my life and thats as close as I get, or want to!
edit on 11172017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa

Keep an eye on this thread for the fake outrage.

Anything to turn the eyes away from the perverts.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If the lion was killed legally in whatever country? What legitimate reason is there for the US government to interview?

edit on 17-11-2017 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

link   

Whilst I'm not possessed of the kind of pathological hate of Donald Trump that seems to be the current fashion, I cannot believe that even the most rabid Trump fan could defend this one. I can think of no justifiable reason for this AT ALL. Why the hell are people shooting living creatures for fun???
For food, of course, yes. For population control... mmm.. maybe.. sometimes... just for the giggles?? Sick man... sick..

I think hunting these animals should only be allowed if you're prepared to do it hand to hand... maybe with a knife or something (big cats have claws right), make it a fair fight and then maybe...

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Don't worry still got Trump and Moore in my line of sight.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So you thought because it was banned people wouldn't do it? Kind of like making murder illegal?

It's probably better off being regulated and tracked. And they charge money for it, which goes back to help endangered animals.

Lift ing the Ban on Elephant Trophies Will Probably Help Save Elephants

I’m with you super targeted hunts have done loads for conservation.. specifically changing a law to allow millionaires to bring home their trophies probably isn’t gonna help that...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
so from reading the article this just lets you bring the lion parts back? like you were allowed to hunt the lions any ways just not bring back the trophies? dont see it as bad as its being made out to be but i dont hunt and if i did i probally would not use money geting them taxidermied as im pretty sure my dog would either hate them or destroy them and view them as intruders to his territory

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thats a really lame move. No reason for that imo. Not against hunting in general.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb

Whilst I'm not possessed of the kind of pathological hate of Donald Trump that seems to be the current fashion, I cannot believe that even the most rabid Trump fan could defend this one. I can think of no justifiable reason for this AT ALL. Why the hell are people shooting living creatures for fun???
For food, of course, yes. For population control... mmm.. maybe.. sometimes... just for the giggles?? Sick man... sick..

I think hunting these animals should only be allowed if you're prepared to do it hand to hand... maybe with a knife or something (big cats have claws right), make it a fair fight and then maybe...

The ban had nothing to do with hunting big game, it was about importing their trophy.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

oh their innocent. let's not digress, but everyone else is a perv, Trump and co. would never even think about making unwanted advances on women, let alone grab them by the pu$$y.

back to topic, every Trump supporters will support this most likely..

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Much ado about nothing...

If some schmuck wants to go spend 10's of thousands of dollars to go to Africa and get a trophy and does so in a legal way, who the fark are we to try and inhibit that money from being spent there.

Its not like he said you can start importing any rhino horn, or illegally obtained elephant ivory, sheesh I swear he could cure death and people would complain.

ETA: in many of these countries alot of the money from these trophy hunts goes to help with conservation efforts... why do liberals hate saving animals.

(Yes save them, as their population grows these predators become a larger problem, by using active controls they can save the majority by sacrificing a few)
edit on 17-11-2017 by Irishhaf because: Hates people.

ETA: if someone spends all that money over there why not let them bring something back.
edit on 17-11-2017 by Irishhaf because: still hates people

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If they are guilty then hang em.
Notice I didn't name parties.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

back to topic, every Trump supporters will support this most likely..

Of course. Someone said it was not only OK but will be helpful to the species:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-11-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join