It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump administration lifts ban on importing lion hunt trophies

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

No doubt about it.

The world has gone cray cray.

At this point all any of us can do is laugh at the insanity and get some free entertainment out of it while we can.

But if the circus starts to 'get real'...? I'll be the first to admit that it's no longer a laughing matter and may actually start to take some of this stuff seriously.

Until then though....

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: intrepid

You can roll your eyes about it if you want, but there's data to back up that position.

There indeed is

In the mid-1990s in Namibia, wildlife numbers were at historical lows in many areas. But since the government’s visionary support for a community-based conservation strategy, including some tightly regulated trophy hunting, the recovery of wildlife has been remarkable. Namibia now boasts the largest free-roaming population of black rhino, as well as expanding numbers of elephants, lions and giraffes and the world’s largest cheetah population. Local communities have also benefited substantially from the program

source

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Oh Man...even if it intellectually makes sense to allow legal game hunters to keep their "trophy's" and maybe somehow it can help wild life preservation....seeing the Trump boys holding the limp, lifeless body of that beautiful leopard is hard to stomach. It's hard to imagine having the means to do almost anything you want , and saying " hmmm, wouldn't it be FUN to go kill an exotic animal " I will never understand that EVER !

I know with lions, when the old one's get kicked out of the pride, it's pretty brutal for them if they survive. The only thing we can hope is that those are the ones chosen to hunt.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

That is what I cannot fathom..I'm not talking about the merits..or not of this conservation strategy. It's what kind of black heart want's to kill something that majestic for the sake of killing..soulless pieces of scat.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This is announced and then Trump puts it on hold. Could this just be more smoke and mirrors?
Maybe he is trying to bait PETA supporters into attacking him.
I don't know what he could gain from this but nothing really surprises me anymore.

Is this another one of his alleged 4D chess checkers moves?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
This is announced and then Trump puts it on hold. Could this just be more smoke and mirrors?
Maybe he is trying to bait PETA supporters into attacking him.
I don't know what he could gain from this but nothing really surprises me anymore.

Is this another one of his alleged 4D chess checkers moves?

Who knows but it is the right thing to do. Don't rush into such a rash decision. It is true harvesting Deer and certain animals helps preserve both the species but the habitat if the wildlife management has a say. Over population of Elephants may not be going on. I am glad to see a better look. I don't know what is wrong with waiting to make sure they are overpopulated. Habitat is important and the people living amongst the Lions should have a say. We don't let wild animals live in the cities here in the US and a lot goes into preserving those animals and their habitats here.

www.independent.co.uk... tml

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
I am an advocate for conservation and understand some of the pro's and con's of population control. I live right next to a wildlife refuge and I actively add native plants to my property every year (I have 50 pawpaw trees coming this spring ) to help provide both cover and food for the wildlife. I am also a former hunter who quit for health reasons.

An interesting note: Less than a week ago, I found fresh mountain lion tracks in my field that dwarfed the size of my Great Dane's tracks.

I didn't mean to imply that the decision was either good or bad.
I was trying to point out that this may have some type of unseen political motivation. I meant it to be humorous, but I am obviously not very good at that.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Why? To help Beavis and Butthead no doubt, who are so rich and bored they need to go kill and gather the corpses of our planet's more wild and beautiful creatures. pos's.

Has anybody mentioned that Trump is considering removing the law that you can't kill bears while they are hibernating?
Well he is. Big men! Killing sleeping bears. Takes a real man to do that. I hope Canada and other countries block them from entering their countries.

Did I say pos's? I guess I did. Here it is again. POS's.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Has anybody mentioned that Trump is considering removing the law that you can't kill bears while they are hibernating? Well he is. Big men! Killing sleeping bears. Takes a real man to do that. I hope Canada and other countries block them from entering their countries.

That happened in April.

It might help to read about it before you spout off nonsense.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Keep an eye on this thread for the fake outrage.

Does it make you feel better to call it fake? Is it that difficult for you to believe that most people are genuinely horrified and disgusted at these pathetic plays to feel like "a man"? "A big game hunter"? To have animal corpses in their homes and offices? I would spit on them if I could.

They choose to go slaughter animals who many of us give to funds to try and save?

Fake? You're fake if you don't permit yourself to see how egregious this is. I wish all those animals had big guns and knew how to use them.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Has anybody mentioned that Trump is considering removing the law that you can't kill bears while they are hibernating? Well he is. Big men! Killing sleeping bears. Takes a real man to do that. I hope Canada and other countries block them from entering their countries.

That happened in April.

It might help to read about it before you spout off nonsense.

It might help you to understand that no Good can come of any of this. If you haven't lost your way to the point that you don't know what 'good' is anymore.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Does it make you feel better to call it fake? Is it that difficult for you to believe that most people are genuinely horrified and disgusted at these pathetic plays to feel like "a man"?

What about the female big game hunters?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Does it make you feel better to call it fake? Is it that difficult for you to believe that most people are genuinely horrified and disgusted at these pathetic plays to feel like "a man"?

When one of these animals comes to your home and tries to kill you, then shoot them. But to willingly go into their homes and try to kill them for no good reason, is simply wrong, no matter the gender of the interloper.

In my true heart, I hope you will have an awakening or some kind of epiphany before you die, and in doing so, you learn to discern right from wrong. Show a picture of an elephant to a five year old, and ask them if killing it in it's own home is a good thing to do. If you dare. If you care. When he says "no", ask him/her why. You might learn something.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I’m so glad the leftists priorities are in order......

Seriously this is a story? More faux outrage .....

Go scream at the sky, that should help

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just like the Trump tax cuts benefit his family and his businesses immensely, this was originally done to please his sons.
Amazing his followers don’t see the vileness of Trump, its so clear.

edit on 18-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

When one of these animals comes to your home and tries to kill you, then shoot them. But to willingly go into their homes and try to kill them for no good reason, is simply wrong, no matter the gender of the interloper.

In my true heart, I hope you will have an awakening or some kind of epiphany before you die, and in doing so, you learn to discern right from wrong. Show a picture of an elephant to a five year old, and ask them if killing it in it's own home is a good thing to do. If you dare. If you care. When he says "no", ask him/her why. You might learn something.

The law has nothing to do with hunting big game, it's still legal to hunt them in those countries and the whole Alaska issue won't change anything either.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Show a picture of an elephant to a five year old, and ask them if killing it in it's own home is a good thing to do. If you dare. If you care. When he says "no", ask him/her why. You might learn something.

Lol, won't you think of the children. Lol

Unless it's in the womb that is.

Get out of here with your fake b.s

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You do know that the majority of the fees paid by these hunters goes right into conservation efforts, right?

Just like deer tags, and doe permits, etc... here in the States.

The danger to the animals isn't the trophy hunters, it's the poachers. Some of that hunt fee goes to pay the game wardens that attempt, with little luck most times, to protect the animals.

Poachers are the bane, not trophy hunters.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You do know that in many cases that's exactly what's happening, right? Those animals are a problem for a village or community, and the shooter (I don't call 'em hunters, as they're guided right to 'em in most cases.) takes the animal. Do you know anything about the industry?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Don’t even try bro, they totally ignore the facts, they ignore the actual numbers and figures that prove trophy hunting actually helps conserve the species ....

Because it assaults their sensibilities and what they perceive is right and wrong ....

They refuse the facts because it destroys their narrative .

Someone killed a “majestic animal” so it must be bad.....they cry outrage throw fits, make huge accusations and then later tonight they’ll have their steak medium rare w a side a bacon

It’s all faux outrage and bs

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join