It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Now Considered “Sexual Misconduct” to Ask For Sex?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: SRPrime

"Don't drop your line where you swim"

Sex with a co-worker is never a good idea.

Neither is openly flirting sexually with married coworkers. Worked in a place where the staff room was full of this ( both genders ) ... and it was nauseating to listen to.

Oh, so have I.

It's really strange what is deemed "acceptable" and what isn't.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Metallicus

I've never asked nor paid for it. If you gotta "ask"..youre an idiot and don't deserve it. And you can be sure the woman asked knows it too!

This is interesting. Are you suggesting that if you have a god like build similar to Bob Ross, you don't even need to ask, it just happens? But if you are not built to such an idol standard, you might as well just go home because asking is out of the question? How about wealth? Does wealth change the physical beauty standards for this equation?

Could you expand on that please?

Reminded of the song "All the girls get prettier at closing time". I can give you a classic personal example. And no, Im no Adonis, nor wealthy either.

Once I had a groupie girlfriend staying with me. Came home, she said "lets DO sex". Just hit me the wrong way put like that and I kicked her out as in "Get the hell outta this bed and take your butt with you!" 'Guess it was in the "asking and "do" part".

ATS ladies should jump in this thread here and Im gonna take MY butt outta here. ATS lady Membership is far more astute and qualified with this subject than me....
edit on 11-11-2017 by mysterioustranger because: oops

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Sex with a co-worker is never a good idea

Maybe not, but it shouldn't be a crime either. America is supposed to be the land of the free after all.

Be willing to accept the consequences.

In the "old days", the woman would be fired.
edit on 11-11-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Aazadan
posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:58 AM link quote reply a reply to: Caver78
You might not remember it, but your victims probably do. All that says is that you need way more self control in your life if you have so many incidents like this that you can't even remember them.

You may have wanted to ask for more context before jumping the gun. I'll readily to admit to not having any "filters" and being young and impaired at a few all-weekend biker parties where "grab-a@#ing" was the norm. I may have offended a guy or two, I dunno? If they remember I'd be surprised. Heck if they're still ALIVE I'd be surprised.

a reply to: SRPrime

My point was the "offender" went outside of accepted "norms" or otherwise social mores to just cut to the chase which can be construed as offensive.

Dinner and a movie being a euphemism for a actual date.
Sorry I wasn't clear to you. My bad!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Please sometimes works.
Less offensive if it seems more pathetic.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I really don't understand the people coming to Louis CK's defense when he himself admitted to not only doing it but how it was wrong of him. smh

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
What they are doing (though they may not know it yet) is working towards restoring the old ethic of "no sex outside marriage".

I don't think there there yet. This is still a very explicitly sexual society. Its in the movies, TV, media of all sorts of mode sof this western society so I doubt the society will go back to being puritanical.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hollywood today, corporate bosses tomorrow.

People are going back 15, 20, 25, 30, heck!...even 40 years ago with their accusations. I know an older lady right now who is talking about how her ex boss, an attorney, in 1975 cornered her and forced her to kiss him and attempted to get her to do the touchy/feely thing. She's wondering if he is still alive. Oops!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
The sexual society may come to a shuddering halt if people start complaining every time somebody proposes sex.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You might be right; this can turn into a farcical situation

My great fear is the unscrupulous people who use this to harm innocent people.

I know they say only 2 percent of these accusations are phony, but 2 percent can amount to a lot of ruined lives

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Apparently Louis didn't really "propose sex." For the most part.

Pretty sure a hooker would have been happy to take care of his "urges" and probably would never have said anything about it.

It has little to do with sex, actually. Call it self gratification.

edit on 11/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Is It Now Considered “Sexual Misconduct” to Ask For Sex?

It's not asking for sex. It's who asks, when, where, and to whom. And, did one offer to pay first or not, and was that appropriate? Such questions vex all us people of sex.

Clearly one should not take sex without asking, nor is it ever really safe to ask, either.
Neither should one have sex with oneself if another person is present without asking, and even then, it is only safe to have sex with yourself, ALONE. Which means, turn off your computer and cell phone.

Clearly universal male celibacy or universal solitary wankerdom shall be required. Or somethin' because, we are, as it were, effing effed, dudes.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I’m not pushing religion here, BUT, many people mock the modes of religion that advocate moderation in sexual mores, of course I don’t mean the extremism in ways such as Wahhabism where woman cover their faces, but the moderation in sexual relations that many religions advocate might have wisdom behind it.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Most of the Ten Commandments are pretty basic rules without which no society can survive. Religion really has little to do with it. But the threat of eternal damnation seems to be a good incentive. Or not. There is no shortage of sexual scandal with religious leaders.
edit on 11/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Btw this guy Louis CK apparently masturbated in front of woman. So he did more than ask for sex.

I pick up the NYP and see we have four more well known entertainers added to the list of miscreants. My goodness, this is turning out to becoming a fiasco

Soon half the male population will be joining Weiner!

edit on 11-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I don't think half the male population engages in such behavior. Nor do they engage in "locker room talk" about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I’m just being facetious, of course not, but you never know.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Is "flashing" still a crime? That's pretty much what he did. I guess your could consider it an intrusion but I don't see "abuse" here. If this was a way to ask for sex, it's an extreme one and any clear headed individual would know it was going to disgust at the very least.

Now to the CT in me.
On a smaller scale what about in our lives. Could this be happening with us as well. Afraid to communicate? And could it be a form of population control?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Is "flashing" still a crime?
I don't see him being charged with anything at this point. But indecent exposure laws concern public displays.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not true. Depending on the state indecent exposure can also be criminal in private settings but I think for other states it typically falls under sexual misconduct.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join