It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Now Considered “Sexual Misconduct” to Ask For Sex?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

so women do not have the responsibility to say no and stand up for themselves?

I thought men and women were equal?

guess what if this happened to me no one would give a crap because I'm a man and I'm expected to stand up for myself and if I don't I'm just a pussy

everyone wants an equal playing field have it!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MountainLaurel

It's not a criminal crime, but it can be a career ending infraction in many business's these days if it is reported to the HR department.
Depending on company policy, yes, it could be grounds for termination. Career ending? Maybe. I guess.

Meh. My wife and I at the time when we were dating simple pulled our boss into the office, explained we were dating but would keep it completely professional while at work.

He said congrats.

Never had an issue.

The issues I've seen at work over the years aren't co-workers sleeping together but rather, co-workers sleeping with clients, often married clients. It's amazing how many married women look for some fun on the side. Husbands are never happy when they get wind of it.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

It's amazing how many married women look for some fun on the side.

I think they all are. I used to be a personal trainer and that's one of the first thing I learned.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
meh enjoy sex contracts ... it was a funny joke years ago now it's going to be a reality

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i do enjoy how these threads bring out the very worst people, so i can make a note of them.

thanks guys.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: SRPrime

"Don't drop your line where you swim"

Sex with a co-worker is never a good idea.

Your anecdotes don't mean anything, most adults who find a life partner, find one at work. It *could* be a bad idea, it's usually totally fine though.

For every "Don't drop your line where you swim" anecdote you got there is one that is pro the opposite. People say "don't do business with friends and family" yet -- you see how many family businesses there are....

Conventional wisdom isn't wisdom.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: SRPrime

"Don't drop your line where you swim"

Sex with a co-worker is never a good idea.

Your anecdotes don't mean anything, most adults who find a life partner, find one at work. It *could* be a bad idea, it's usually totally fine though.

For every "Don't drop your line where you swim" anecdote you got there is one that is pro the opposite. People say "don't do business with friends and family" yet -- you see how many family businesses there are....

Conventional wisdom isn't wisdom.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

When I was in the USAF, we were kids, working night shift on TDY. (temporary duty at another location -Little Rock Arkansas) We had just got off work, most of us gathered to get a poker game going. Sure it was 8:30am, but we had just worked 12 hours, so we were ready to relax. My one buddy was missing and he had been getting chummy with a female who had come with us. So we conned the cleaning lady into using her key to open his door so we could harass him. When the door opened, she was on top, and all of us had that "surprised" look. We closed the door, laughed, and went back to finish the poker game. later on, the Lieutenant that came with us stopped by and said that the girl wanted to file sexual harassment charges against us. When you are in the service, anything negative is really bad. (unless it's desertion during war time apparently) So we were quite upset about this. She later calmed down and nothing more was done over this incident, but we were all kind of dumbfounded as to were we actually guilty of anything? To this day, I'm not sure, I don't feel as if I was doing anything to intentionally hurt anyone, but I honestly don't know.

I wonder how many of these instances could be construed like this one I was involved in, and should I have been punished for what I did? (BTW, she was hot, and my buddy ended up marrying her)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i do enjoy how these threads bring out the very worst people, so i can make a note of them.

thanks guys.

I like how people label the concerns and thoughts of others as bad when they don't conform to your own ideology. No acknowledgement of the issues being raised but instead label, virtue signal and dismiss.

thanks gals

The battle of the sexes appears to be escalating.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is fraternization not frowned upon?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It's amazing how many married women look for some fun on the side. Husbands are never happy when they get wind of it.
A bit one sided.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

They weren't given the chance to say no. He forced them to be present. Jesus H Christ, lol.

And then I had another guy who is a very famous comic. He is probably at Cosby level at this point. He is lauded as a genius. He is basically a French filmmaker at this point. You know, new material every year. He’s a known perv. And there’s a lockdown on talking about him. His guy friends are standing by him, and you cannot say a bad thing about him. And I’ve been told by people 'Well then say it then. Say it if it’s true.' If I say it, my career is over. My manager and my agent have told me that. They didn’t threaten it. They just said to me 'You know what Jen, it’s not worth it because you’ll be torn apart. Look at the Cosby women.' And this guy didn’t rape me, but he made a certain difficult decision to go on tour with him really hard. Because I knew if I did, I’d be getting more of the same weird treatment I’d been getting from him. And it was really #ed up, and this person was married. So it was not good, and so I hold a lot of resentment.

www.yourtango.com...

I notice that no-one is actually taking on the actual claims and how the women were treated. This is not unusual. If they act the consequences will potentially see their career end and lives in tatters.

Some seem to act as if these situations are those of pure free will and no coercion. You don't get it, lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I've never asked nor paid for it. If you gotta "ask"..youre an idiot and don't deserve it. And you can be sure the woman asked knows it too!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Is fraternization not frowned upon?

Not among the same ranks. If an NCO was chasing an E-2, it might be an issue, and officers aren't supposed to fraternize with enlisted, but other than that, it's all good. This was a case of two E-3's sacking up. No issues there.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I've never asked nor paid for it. If you gotta "ask"..youre an idiot and don't deserve it. And you can be sure the woman asked knows it too!

Brother, you've paid for it, you just didn't realize it at the time. And you will be paying for it till you die.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Aah OK, thanks for clearing that up

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
I've solved this entire problem for myself. I simply don't interact with women (especially American/Canadian women) at all on a social level anymore and professionally as little as absolutely required. Its just not worth the risk of accusation.I don't talk to them. I divert my view the moment there is a possibility that looking in their general direction might be interpreted as looking at them. I huddle in my personal space waiting patiently for the day that all men's problems are solved by realistic, AI based fem bots hitting the market. It's too bad, such a loss. Before this culture of self-centric, rambitious, trigger happy women, they were the graceful, elegant, compassionate part of our society that kept us men from spiraling into the abyss.

In what way does the "realistic, AI based fem bots hitting the market" stop these "men" from spiraling into the abyss? How are fem bots a "graceful, elegant, compassionate" part of society?

These "men" should be looking at themselves. They probably have mental disorders, or an abusive past. Because it's apparent they prefer their woman object to be AI slaves to their every need or desire.
edit on 11/11/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

This is interesting. Are you suggesting that if you have a god like build similar to Bob Ross, you don't even need to ask, it just happens? But if you are not built to such an idol standard, you might as well just go home because asking is out of the question? How about wealth? Does wealth change the physical beauty standards for this equation?

Could you expand on that please?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The line certainly is blurred these days. I guess where it becomes an issue is if you hold some form of power over the person you are asking - in terms of affecting their career or life. I don't see any problem in a social situation between people who do not work with each other or work together at the same level with no influence over each other's careers, etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Brother, you've paid for it, you just didn't realize it at the time. And you will be paying for it till you die.

Oh boy N.D! You hit that right. Im 23 years into my 3rd marriage...and the wife is 10 years younger. She'll live to dance on my grave...and the dog will whizz on my headstone. But, Im not so sure she'll spend the $$ and BUY me one!

Thanks brother man....I feel so much better now that you reminded me! Touche'... MS

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join