It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Now Considered “Sexual Misconduct” to Ask For Sex?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Is it too late to add "in general?"

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
One thing I do know is that to NOT ask..is rape. Are they jut not wanting us to have sex at all?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not at all. I just wanted to clarify in case people weren't aware.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I know.
I've been known to engage of that sort of denial of ignorance myself. On occasion.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

oh yes, it really means, hide in the closet and do your thing!!! always, forever...
how about treating the act with the honor and respect it deserves.
first, it's how humans procreate, so it would stand to reason that one would want to get to know the person enough to know weather they want to produce and raise a child with this other person.
second, there should be some love involved, real love, not that selfish infatuation that so many seem to believe is love now days. do you love this other person enough to place their wants and desires above your own.
it seems to me, that if that love and respect is present, you wouldn't want to take advantage of the women if she is drunk?? and you would more than likely know them well enough to know weather the feeling is mutual and that there's a high probability that she wants it also???

some of these responses are really blowing my mind here!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
One thing I do know is that to NOT ask..is rape. Are they jut not wanting us to have sex at all?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Keep the numbers manageable.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Seems Mr. CK wasn't actually interested in actual sex.

edit on 11/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Rape isn't sex

Although, some ATS members would certainly disagree with that statement

Stay classy

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well, there's married sex and pre-married sex. The rules of engagement are somewhat honed for most married couples whereupon 'asking' or assertively signalling is a 2-way street and, imo, is certainly not disrespectful, nor disrespectful if she or I say no - it's like meh, I try again later then, here, have a glass of wine/beer.

Now, pre-married stuff is completely different, if a bloke has to ask for it - he's doing it wrong - simple. Why? Well because we are built for the chase with the prize being her heart and love because it's only truly special when those are the foundations for doing what they do on the discovery channel.

Personally, I find any unwarranted or unwelcomed advancements towards women by blokes to be a turn-off in general, it's not against the law, but it sure determines their ranking in collective social circles.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

As far as Louie C.K. He had 'it out' 5x, whacking 'it'. He evidently has decided to drop out of society. He'll just grab a towel or some socks and hustle off into the sunset or the .25¢ movies...

"Sir, there is a hole in this wall and My door won't lock. Is that normal'?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Really not gonna touch this with a 12’ ft stick but I will say all this sexual misconduct crap in the media from decades ago has political and money behind it..

Just the newest lawyer weapon.

I do not condone rape etc. but seeing the breaking stories all over msm means to me allot of it is hype, and charector assassination.

The question we should be asking is why? Movie stars and popular comedians really have to sexually assault to get laid.. lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Waiting for the rock star allegations now, that should be interesting

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent
Like this?
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.mtv.com...

edit on 11/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Lol sure phage nah I meant disgruntled groupies..

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The women talking about CK were groupies? The were looking to get laid and were disappointed because he just wanted to jerk off?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

No no settle down.. your being more serious than me about this.. as I said not touching this one, I am sure you can find another human sacrifice on this topic..

SIA

PEACE

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yeah. Sorry to take it seriously.
That's just me.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It’s ok my handicap thou is it’s saturday night, it serious indeed but odd..

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have got to say, I am fed up with all the sexual harrassment stuff...contraversial to say I know, however in a lot of these instances the alleged harrassment is historic, most men struggle with how to woo a woman, or simply act on hormones, then there is my favourite...

Is there ever an instance of sexual harrassment when the woman is attracted to the male making advances?

Let's be honest, if you are attracted to someone and they put the moves on in a relatively respectable way you are likely to reciprocate, the problem comes when the advance/attention is unwanted, this as we know can happen for a number of reasons but if we take out infidelity etc and just say man coming onto a woman, then the issue of harrassment becomes subjective and is centered around whether you are repulsed by the person or not in most instances.

For example when the homelss guy down the street tries to complement my green hair, or confesses he would like to see my clothes on his bedroom floor (I know don't ask, that was a weird one, given that he doesn't ave a bedroom floor) I am not flattered, rather I feel quite repulsed, however if a person I am attracted to was to say it, I would be open to exploring the possibility further with that guy because I am curious about them and flattered they want to spend time with me (regardless of how that time is spent).

In shortno one would ever get laid if there wasn't some form of initiation, how that takes place is open to interpretation and there are many ways it can happen.

As far as I am concerned, if you didn't complain at the time, it probably isnt as big a deal as you are making it out to be now and given most of this is being done trial by media style, I would hasten to add many of these claims are either misremembered, or weren't as big a deal as to affect their lives at the time that they would seek justice.

Of course I am not speaking about rape, or child molestation....completely different bottle of glue.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

My thing is also how many of these celebs are getting blackmailed right now over this stuff. A nfl coach had a stripper throw him under the bus about a month ago, rumor has it she blackmailed him before she went public, as phage, shown their is legit crimes being committed like really hurting people stuff, but how much of the other stuff character assasination.. Allot of these stories in the headlines right now are decades old.. does not make it right, but why the wait if it was so serious.. and with that I honorably bow out of this debate...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join