It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organized religions. They are all made up by man, so why follow?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Real quick I am sorry for ranting on like I did but maybe if someone reads it and sees the point then it was worth the length. Dont place faith in the things of earth they shall pass away your reward is not in this earth but in that which God has prepared you just have to do your part to get in on it.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Amelia what is your opinion should a person who has followed with the guidelines of man but not God be favored less then a man who followed neither and asked forgiveness.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Awsome Post...I have been against organized religion for about 15 years now. I was brought up baptist, dated a few catholics, a methodist/lutheran, and 2 wicca's. The one's that I agree with the most were the wicca's. I realized that
I am one with my ownself and no-one can take that from me. The main point that I am trying to make is, why listen or worship a human being who is telling you what to believe and how to live you're life, when they are just as "sinful" as yourself or worse. Look inside yourself and feel good about you, do not harm others, and do what is right. Life can be that simple if you let it.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Amelia what is your opinion should a person who has followed with the guidelines of man but not God be favored less then a man who followed neither and asked forgiveness.

Nobody is favored less as nobody has the same ressources. eveybody is the same to the eyes of god...people are vulnerable (means fragile) people wants to do what is good for them and that is normal, god accept that. a muslim, a christian, a budhist even an atheist is the same to god, there is not rule for that. Even some atheist, who don't beleive in god at all, can love, respect, not judge.....they have a piece of of god in themselves, even if they don't beleive it! SEE....what ever you beleive in, it won't change the truth! God know everything about yourself, because a part of god is into you. Whether you accept it or not. As people are afraid of the day of judment when they die, it's that part of yourself that goes to "heaven" not your body.....and that part of yourself, you cannot lie to...

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

God does not denote any religion. Man makes up religions.

Ahh...but you see therein lies the crux of the problem...

You see, those creating the religions do not credit themselves with establishing the creed...they credit [insert deity here] with creating the religion along with the rituals, rotes, and dogma that comes with it..

Sneaky, huh?

So, their defense is simply that they didn't create the religion, they got their information from the source. Obviously though, some or all of them must be "wrong" in order for others to be "right", so it creates quite a conflict. I often wonder what kind of deity would allow such a simple misunderstanding to be responsible for the deaths of millions throughout history.... No deity I want any part of...is the only answer I come to...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

Nobody is favored less as nobody has the same ressources. eveybody is the same to the eyes of god...people are vulnerable (means fragile) people wants to do what is good for them and that is normal, god accept that. a muslim, a christian, a budhist even an atheist is the same to god, there is not rule for that. Even some atheist, who don't beleive in god at all, can love, respect, not judge.....they have a piece of of god in themselves, even if they don't beleive it! SEE....what ever you beleive in, it won't change the truth! God know everything about yourself, because a part of god is into you. Whether you accept it or not. As people are afraid of the day of judment when they die, it's that part of yourself that goes to "heaven" not your body.....and that part of yourself, you cannot lie to...

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a tuned down version of what you have been saying, which is more understandable then the way it appeared you where expressing it before , have you changed something or is it just worded differnt. I can go with this better than when I though you where saying we are all the same and when you appeared to say we where equal with Jesus that is my main split off with you, Jesus had to be better than us in or to provide the sacrifice and it be worthy of covering our sins and believe me I have pleanty to cover my self as you may have seen in my last post on page 2.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
You see, those creating the religions do not credit themselves with establishing the creed...they credit [insert deity here] with creating the religion along with the rituals, rotes, and dogma that comes with it..

Sneaky, huh?

I was thinking maybe that was the case when they began to get rich when crying God needs your help , support the childrens choir , or God needs your help to pay for repairs to the church, yet all the time the church administration members are driving brand new cars and I was driving an old beat up elcamino, they lived in 100,000 houses which had RV and pop up trailers in the drive and I lived in a 74,000 dollar house that was given to me as a graduation present complete with a mortgage of about 20,000 dollars. God dont need that kind of support the way they use him as an excuse degrades him and quite frankly the creditability of the church.

[edit on 14/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I really don't get it, and I have thought about a lot. God does not denote any religion. Man makes up religions. As an example only, look at Christianity. Jesus didn't want to make a new religion. Christianity was not founded until after his death, hence the name. All of his teachings and parables and lessons were created to try and get Judaism back to the peaceful laws of god. Mankind kills, condemns, hates and judges by man made faiths......I don't understand this at all! Why isn't it good enough to just follow the Golden Rule, live a clean life and be the best person you can be? Please....if you respond. Do not quote the Christian bible as reasoning, it means nothing to those not Christian and is therefore null in such an debate.

[edit on 2/12/2005 by LadyV]

Great post! I agree with you. As Karl Marx said, "Religion is the opiate of the masses." It was created by Man, not God. Also, I find it humorous when people say they are followers of their Church, the Church is merely a tool. A tool of which you build the woodwork of your faith, so to speak. This brings another thing up: the Bible. The Bible didn't fall from Heaven into some person's lap, it is a historic, or not so historic, record of the times. It was written by Man, not God. I think that the majority of the Bible is parable, yet another tool to build your faith. And, for the record, I am an agnostic.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Do not quote the Christian bible as reasoning, it means nothing to those not Christian and is therefore null in such an debate.

[edit on 2/12/2005 by LadyV]

So if someone quotes from the Koran or satanic Bible thats OK? The Bible is a book that explains the answers to the questions men and women have. So if a christian explains what we think and then once the answer is read we are told we are arrogant because we claim to know truth. When the truth we base our beliefs on is the Bible which comes from God so that is why we tell you it's in the Bible. We do this so we point you to Him and not us. I can't take nothing and make it into something, but God can. That's who you are looking for?

[edit on 14-2-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
When the truth we base our beliefs on is the Bible which comes from God so that is why we tell you it's in the Bible. We do this so we point you to Him and not us. I can't take nothing and make it into something, but God can. That's who you are looking for?

We are saying that the bible IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD' IT HAS BEEN CHANGED FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE ELITE! that really worked..The bible is the book that is sold the most in the world, you who are on ATS must be aware that we are manipulated!!!!! Why the bible could not be manipulated???? It is the best TOOL to manipulate the mass, they all think that it's GOD'S WORD! IT'S NOT!!!!! If you want to know god's word, meditate and ask...it works and nobody can manipulate that!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If you want to know god's word, meditate and ask...it works and nobody can manipulate that!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That also opens you up to hear from fallen angels/demons. Be side that the Bible sets the standard of right and wrong. Man has lost His way and does things that seem OK to us but aren't. So the Bible informs us of what is right.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
That also opens you up to hear from fallen angels/demons. Be side that the Bible sets the standard of right and wrong. Man has lost His way and does things that seem OK to us but aren't. So the Bible informs us of what is right.

Not if you protect yourself of negative while you meditate. Meditation is a way to connect with god, not with the demon (as your "bible" told you....) what is wrong is that the bible make you fear meditation because they don't want you to do it and find your own answers, they want to keep you in the dark...see....
I do not read the bible and I know what is right or wrong....it's my voice inside, my soul, that tells me! try to meditate, ask god to help you and make it protect you from negative entities....you have to have faith in god to meditate.

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

what is wrong is that the bible make you fear meditation because they don't want you to do it and find your own answers, they want to keep you in the dark...see....
I do not read the bible and I know what is right or wrong....it's my voice inside, my soul, that tells me! try to meditate, ask god to help you and make it protect you from negative entities....you have to have faith in god to meditate.

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They(who is the they you are talking about?) want to keep you in the dark. This statement is based on........? I do read the Bible and there are things I used to do that I no longer do because it's wrong. And I also know that the God I believe in expects things from me. Not for salvation but for growth and serving others.

And meditation is Biblical but you have to watch out what you meditate on.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
when I say "they" it's the people who controls the religions....and with religion they control you.

You don't want to meditate, I understand if it's against your religion and you are scared

I'm done here

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
LadyV, are you a Christian?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

when I say "they" it's the people who controls the religions....and with religion they control you.
You don't want to meditate, I understand if it's against your religion and you are scared

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

med·i·tate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (md-tt)
v. med·i·tat·ed, med·i·tat·ing, med·i·tates
v. tr.
1.To reflect on; contemplate.
2.Buddhism & Hinduism. To train, calm, or empty the mind, often by achieving an altered state, as by focusing on a single object.
3.To engage in devotional contemplation, especially prayer.
4.To think or reflect, especially in a calm and deliberate manner.

In what post did I say I was scared and didn't meditate. I believe I said meditation was Biblical. The definitions above say you can think on something or try to empty your mind. Biblically, thinking about things is good, the danger is when you empty the mind and open yourself up to having it filled up demonically.

As far as religious leaders controlling the masses, you are correct in some areas. The pope is the perfect example. He is worshipped in place of God and whatever he says goes. THAT'S WRONG! The God of the Bible can be known personally, that's why you need to know what the Bible says.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
LadyV, are you a Christian?

No, I'm Wiccan. I thought you knew that.....I believe in a god, I believe the bible to hold truths, but not in the way that Christians do. I believe in being the best person you can be, and the Golden Rule...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Okay, lets say my religion is "MAN MADE" and all and that im being brainwashed. What harm is that causing me or other believers??? I dont see how all this free spirit stuff makes people any more liberated than I am. You create your own belief systems therefore it is also man made in nature itseslf. Isnt it? Am I enslaved to the Bible? Not at all. I am not controlled by anyone, i was blessed with free will. Making up your own religion doesn't make your life any more successful than mine. The reason I and others follow it is because it makes sense to me, we have FAITH. peace.

PS. Disecting from a religious text and creating your own belief is still using "manmade" material.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of the lost maji
Okay, lets say my religion is "MAN MADE" and all and that im being brainwashed. What harm is that causing me or other believers??? I dont see how all this free spirit stuff makes people any more liberated than I am. You create your own belief systems therefore it is also man made in nature itseslf. Isnt it? Am I enslaved to the Bible? Not at all. I am not controlled by anyone, i was blessed with free will. Making up your own religion doesn't make your life any more successful than mine. The reason I and others follow it is because it makes sense to me, we have FAITH. peace.

PS. Disecting from a religious text and creating your own belief is still using "manmade" material.

very wise approach , but the actions I speak of are to say that I am no more free in spirit than you I just find one religion talking about another , and judgemental behior are things that are harmful.

I think if all this you said works for you then good you have essential done what I was saying but dont loose track of your self awareness , dont be affraid to disect them , God told us not to travel inyto blindness by anothers lead, you must maintain a detatched sense of checks and balances to make sure you dont fall into the trap of misleading men

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
No two people think EXACTLY alike and therefore no two people believe in the exact same god. There are as many gods as there are people. Even more if you figure in those that worship multiple gods.

I am a spiritual anarchist. I believe you should over throw all religions and all set beliefs and find the path that works for you. Trust your heart and you will find the voice of God there.

That doesn't mean i'm ready to burn all religions to the ground though. Many people simply don't have the capacity to think on their own, to search for truth without a guide or find whats is right without another telling them what it is. That does not make them wrong, It simply makes them followers.

Not everyone can blaze their own path. You have no right to condemn them for that.

Few people spend the time and energy on this subject because they hold other things more dear, like feeding their family, paying their bills and trying to survive another tax season. It is not a fault to take the easy road where spirituality is concerned, its simply a choice.

I've come to consider religion to be training wheels for the less advanced soul. The day will come when they will shed those training wheels and ride freely on their own. Until that day it is cruel to make fun of them for needing a little help on the spiritual road that we all walk.

I hope the day comes when you see that too.

Love and light,

Wupy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join