It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Pomeroy’s wife, Sherri, told NBC News that her husband was out of town during the shooting, but their daughter was inside the church attending the morning service.

Link

edit

The shooter is said to have walked into the church in “full gear” before shooting parishioners and is “down,” authorities confirmed, adding there’s no active threat

edit on 11/5/2017 by roadgravel because: add info

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

One woman wrote on Facebook, “Please pray for Sutherland Springs a gunman in full gear walked into the Baptist church and there are casualties……he took off crash his vehicle not far from my daughter’s house and was on foot i believe the police got him. For those of you calling about my daughter and family there are all ok. Pray for these families this is absolutely heartbreaking.”

Link

“Oh my God if you live in Sutherland Springs or Wilson County please go in side and stay safe. My family just called me freaking out because across the street from their house a guy with an assault rifle started shooting in our town church and even shot my brothers house. If ur from my hometown go inside, lock ur doors and so be safe and I love you all,” wrote one woman on Facebook.

edit on 11/5/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Pastor Pomeroy was out of town according to his wife, but their 14-yr. old daughter was at church and among the fatalities.

14-yr old daughter of pastor among the fatalities

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Our government let this threat get worse. Trump tried to get more vetting, but there were people fighting him all the way.
This may or may not be a Middle eastern terror event, but lowering that risk would make it a lot better. Guns were used in this one, and even if the people can have guns, usually the church goers do not take them to church. Maybe they will have to change their policy and have armed parishioners. It sucks when a place of god gets targeted by a killer.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy
Devin Kelly might be the shooter, still checking for confirmation.

www.facebook.com...

Page just disappeared, could be the right guy

I was looking through his page, clicked on about and it disappeared.
edit on 11 5 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

FYI I saw the page earlier and that individual ("Devin Kelly") looked like a 17 year old (or an Andy Milonokis, pre-pubescent-type), and had a pic of what looked like an AR-15 as his cover photo [no surprise there] - I do see the page has now disappeared though

edit on 5-11-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yep, from what I saw posted on his page and postings by him, he seemed like a pretty twisted young man.

Noticed the AR displayed prominently.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Live update here

Live update/conference

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Our government let this threat get worse. Trump tried to get more vetting, but there were people fighting him all the way.

ISIS again? sure don't look like it, despite the "overrun by Muslims" talk.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
AT the risk of sounding crass & disrespectful (get to the pearl clutching already) I've GOT to point this out.

It's laughable and worthy of mockery when schools prohibit guns, but when churches see them as "tools of violence" and people self-prohibit, in a major gun state? It's not laughable, and/or worthy of mockery.

That's pretty hypocritical of folks.

Edit: Hit the button too early, whoops. I'll continue.

With that in mind, maybe it's time to STFU with the smug crap when someone shoots up a gun-free spot. I mean, by posters' own words in here, churches are seen as that by default anyway.
edit on 11/5/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
More guns!!!!!

That's what Americans need to stop all these mass shootings. All these mass shootings in the US obviously only occur because you guys simply don't have enough guns....
edit on 5-11-2017 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Yes, disappeared while I was looking at it too. It just went to nothing. I saw the AR too.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
More guns!!!!!

That's what Americans need to stop all these mass shootings. All these mass shotings in the US obviously only occur because you guys simply don't have enough guns....

How bout not trolling with political bullcrap , the bodies are still warm man what kind of person are you?

Complete lack of compassion or common decency it seems to me , people who IMMEDIATELY start that diatribe after a tragedy.

Get a grip
edit on 5-11-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: kamatty
Reading on bbc news it says the congregation is usually about 50 people, 27 are dead and 20 -25 are injured. If this is correct it sounds like every single person got shot.

That's as still being reported on the BBC.
It used to be a church was a place of sanctury, Condolences to all those affected.

Unfortunately those days ended long ago. 139 shootings in churches between 1980 and 2005.

Yes, I know that's no longer the case, I guess I'm like silo13, I just can't get used to it, and even those still living will have their lives destroyed.

link   
In the history of mankind, stating that laws are not the be broken has never stop crime. Criminals won't be following the laws.

link   

originally posted by: Watcher777

Yes, disappeared while I was looking at it too. It just went to nothing. I saw the AR too.

hmmm....page just disappeared? That's probably him then.

link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Take away guns and then Vehicles can be used that's even better right? Nub alert....

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: FamCore

Yep, from what I saw posted on his page and postings by him, he seemed like a pretty twisted young man.

Noticed the AR displayed prominently.

I have his Facebook page still up... I guess they have taken it down now if i try to go there in a different window.

edit on 5-11-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Take a screen shot!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join