It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Isn't the religion line that Jesus/god called them to heaven? So this man is only the instrument.

Its so frustrating sometimes that ATS T&Cs prevent me from telling you exactly what I think of that comment.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
1 in 4 people will suffer some kind of mental illness at one point in their life time.

Mental illness is a global problem.

In the UK and many other countries there are lots of people who are living with mental illness, yet we have not reached a stage where mass shootings or killings are just a normal part of our daily lives.

When you try to make this about mental health you do two things, firstly, you are excusing the real problem, lack of gun regulations and secondly you are only compounding the stigma attached to mental health.

The problem is your dam guns.

Not mental illness.

There are mass killings in most countries, the UK is a much smaller and less populated country than the U.S so makes sense the instances would be less. I am not going to search for instances in other countries as will find them. I live in the U.S and have not seen a gun IRL for around 20 years, before that i saw one every day when my dad ripped the velcro off his ankle holster and put the detective special on to of the frigerator.

Taking this on face value as to reasons and what exactly did happen here, I wonder if many of these morons (perpetrators) would have been serial killers in the past. A serial killer can rack up 20-30 victims only these days it is much easier to get caught.

link   

a reply to: SailorJerry

Yep your name calling is pretty pathetic too

I don't think its name calling I think its just calling a spade a spade or in this case I idiotic idea idiotic.

IF you are going to try to argue that we should a car is just a tool like a gun then you're a moron.

Car gets you from A to B, gun kills people.

One is a tool of transportation the other a tool of death.

I don't think anyone who has read any of your posts would ever mistake your position on guns. We know, you don't have to repeat it ad infinitum everytime someone goes mental and kills people.
I get its important to you but you will get no where pushing your agenda in this way at this time.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!!!

Show some degree of maturity and class. This will NOT become a dumping ground for an off topic debate on the existence of God nor the various insults attempts to shift the attention onto that debate bring along with it. Either discuss the OP topic or leave the thread.

Do not reply to this post.

link   
a reply to: Kettu

Yeah...they're walking carefully with this one.

Children were murdered, several of them including a 2-yr. old toddler.

Releasing certain kinds of information about the killer may cause some knee-jerk retaliation that law enforcement may be trying to avoid. A cool down period may be intentional.

link   
never mind.

I just hope they find out why this happened and can find a way to prevent tragedies like this in the future.
edit on 5-11-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Kettu

MSNBC just had someone on the phone who said they have released the name, "Sam Height" or something (the phone connection wasn't great).

Really?

Sam Hyde

From MSNBC, not surprising.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You clearly have no clue about what you're talking about.

Why would you compare to the UK and Aus? Those countries aren't flooded with criminal gangs who have millions of illegal guns as we do in the US, or as Mex does with the cartel.

What people like you can't wrap your little heads around is the simple fact that gun legislation simply takes guns away from law abiding citizens, it does nothing to confront the millions of guns in the hands of criminals or cartels. So all you'd be doing is disarming the good guys.

And we're scared little gils? How about you hop off that island of yours, come out here to East Oakland, then go on a nice little walk thru the neighborhood at sundown. Let's see how big your balls are. Let's see how much your gun control nonsense matters when a Crip or Vice Lord shoves a black market glock stripped of serial numbers into your face.
edit on 5-11-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We don't know who the shooter is yet, but I hope that there's a hell so the bastard can have some place to go to.

Twitter feed is saying 24 dead, but I can't verify.

This is beyond tragic.

There is a hell. It was made for Satan but he will taking more people there with him.

link   
a reply to: ZombieWoof

one more

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Nov 5 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

My heart goes out to the people of this small town. They will be in my prayers. Sad very sad.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You said if I banning all guns would save one life you would be for it.

In all countries where guns have been banned gun related deaths have fallen

One can only conclude then that this would save lives

So yes or no, do you then support banning all guns or did you just make a flippant comment?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieWoof

one more

Why is that legal?

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hows gun control working in Mexico?

The cartel now uses water guns instead? Squirt, squirt?

Worked out pretty well though in the UK and in Auz though but you guys don't like talking about that.

27 people dead and you lot just want to sit about and defend your silly little guns that make you all feel like big hard men.

Its pathetic.

I think a lot of you use your guns to compensate for the fact that you all know deep down your about as scared as the rest of the little gils.

Grow a pair!

Considering both Great Britain, and Austria didn't have major gun manufacturers in the country and imported a majority of your firearms from America.

Easy to cut off the flow, all you had to do was turn the boats around at your coasts. Islands are easy to cut off, from all sorts of things.

But lets not mince words here. The laws are different, just as the countries are. Republic vs Constitutional Monarchy. What works for you all, on your tiny little island(s) won't work on a major country attached to a land mass, most of which are third-world countries with little in the way of laws or control.

So safe and secure on your little island, such a big pair you have, surrounded by water. So Brave!

link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: roadgravel
Isn't the religion line that Jesus/god called them to heaven? So this man is only the instrument.

Pretty disgusting statement there buddy.

And people wonder whats wrong with the world, several posters on this thread are prime examples.

I have heard that at many a funeral. Maybe God is the problem issue. Looks at the world.

link   
a reply to: [post=22837964]OtherSideOfTheCoin[/post
We still want the ability to defend ourselves from tyranny, which seems to be right around the corner. Open carry for those that qualify would be good, and then actually carry. The world is overcrowded and so there will be problems.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Good explanation!

They don't get it, and it gets tiresome trying to help them understand. They are a bit common-sense-challenged and don't understand what apples to oranges means.

link   
Guns and criminals will not go away so it's pointless to ban guns.
2nd Amendment is pretty clear. "Shall not be infringed."

link   
Update: The country's congressmen Vicente Gonzalez on MSNBC, and had talked to officials on the ground. Gonzalez said that name of the shooter (according to officials on the ground) was "Sam Hyde".

It was one of those tiny details that happened so fast that its likely to missed in the coming hours/days. It'll be interesting to see how or if the narrative changes.

link   

originally posted by: ZombieWoof

one more

Why is that legal?

Why should it be illegal?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join