It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yes, we have.

Overly medicated, under treated. There is a difference.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yes, we have.

Overly medicated, under treated. There is a difference.

I have to agree. We have a serious mental health problem that no one seems to want to address.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Any dead to a pointless attack is to many but current reports are horrorfying at least 27 so far

BBC 27 Dead

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It is a multi layered problem that we as a nation do not have the patience to deal with, we like quick easy fixes, why else could big pharma have us so convinced that they have a pill for everything.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

"A local official" has reported this is a situation of a "high mortality rate", not a high injured rate.

This is a horrible situation. No real verified facts yet, as far as I can tell.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just a bit more than a month ago there was a Church Shooting in Tennessee - how many of us have already forgotten that one? www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't attend church anymore, but if I did, I would always have in the back of my head incidents like these. Could happen anywhere in the US, right?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Isn't TEXAS a state where anyone can carry a gun? I surprised the guy wasn't shot by one of the parishioners.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What the hell is going on in the USA this is the third event in less than a month it almost starting to become a killing spree?

My thoughts go out the victims and families out there but somethings not right here..

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If I put away my emotions for a minute and slap on my tinfoil hat, if this was part of a plan to help push gun control legislation (IE more power to the fed) they done messed up... everything I have read it seems like the Rangers might be the one true police organization that has no F*&%$ to give they will chase where ever the evidence leads them to get justice.

Or I might be a little optimistic... but one can hope.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Isn't TEXAS a state where anyone can carry a gun? I surprised the guy wasn't shot by one of the parishioners.

No, if it is a hand gun.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Do we know who took the shooter down yet? I heard a report that a deputy was among the church-goers. Perhaps he played a part. We aren't hearing much of anything yet.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I grew up a southern baptist and we don’t take guns to church...
My grandfather was a chief of police in a smallish town and would leave his holster empty at church...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I know some carriers that don't bring their gun to church, because it's a "symbol of violence" and "it doesn't belong there". Unfortunately the scum in our society don't feel the same way. It's a symbol of protection if you're defending yourself and others. Carry everywhere you're legally allowed. Does no good if it's sitting at home.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If my profile of these types is correct, we will see many of these same elements in the current shooting:

--the 'uniform' of all black/camoflage on the part of the shooter

--previous history of mental health 'treatment' of the perp

--initially reported multiple suspects besides the named perp

--lack of any believable motive for the shooters' acts

--investigation taken over by the Feds, as represented by the FBI or ATF

--previous ties to the military by the shooter

--extra guns and ammo found in the auto and at the home of the shooter

--he will be known to the local PD, with a history of run-ins

--strange expressionless look on the shooter's face during the rampage

--early start time to the massacre, so the story will dominate the day's headlines

--a drill mimicking the shooting happening nearby or in recent memory

--attempt by the politicians to impose new laws in the wake of the shooting

edit on 5-11-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: TheJesuit
i just read that too, i really hope they'll be OK one curious thing is tat the UK mirror had the story first ? don't you think a US news outlet would have reported it first .?

a reply to: denybedoomed

9/11 taught us that UK msm can see the future...

That is odd come to think about it!

A small town most have never heard of, a small church, and the UK Mirror knows about it almost immediately!?

edit on 5-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

I'm a tail end generation x'er... and I am really kind of shocked that people don't see our drugged up society as 'in a good state of comfort' considering the circumstances.

People are fed their pills, made to be numb on their couch, made to be instantly alerted the second any one or few of the 300 million prescribed goes overboard with their drugged up choices of demise. TV and media dwellers are instantly alerted to act as immediate judges and jurors, while masked at the importance of finding out what's wrong with our society. I promise... there's nothing valuable to come from discussing in a random forum, 'what good or bad does all other life threaten in one's own life, elsewhere and unrelated'.

The fear propaganda gets sucked up and absorbed by the couch and media dwellers, yet they're too scared to even go see their favorite artist in concert. There's so much information flooding in about the people who do these crimes, that they're happy with the fact that what they plan and do as crimes will be made instantly available for judgement. Count 300 million citizens and 100's of millions of prescribed anti-depressants, and I am quite settled that mass casualty crimes aren't 20x the rate they are today. These criminals see it one of two ways... either you're going to be made fearful of their crimes, or they fear the crime won't be successful in attempt. Fear peddling all the information after the crime is to ease the mind fo the media dwellers that want to know any and everything about these criminals. Like police... showing up after the crime... unable to prevent them, EVER!

It's kind of like horror movies. People seemingly love them, while I feel it's disgusting to find joy in blood and gore. Adrenaline or whatever, causes people to find enjoyment in things that morals deep down tell us are just 'wrong'. I feel you media dwellers that need the twitter jury to get by day to day operate under such premises of 'acting anyway... even if it promotes the next criminal's planning and successes of those plans.

Maybe people need to ask they're doctor what's right for the promotion of crimes by way of social media... I won't claim to have the answer. But, a spade is a spade... if one is going to internally resolute, that spewing the details of these killers that usually aren't even related to the crimes themselves, aren't promoting the next act of planned crimes... well, that's on that particular person. I feel people unknowingly create the perfect atmosphere through this twitter jury system, that is enabling the next planner of these crimes to have more confidence that the fear mongering swings in their favor if they choose to act on their plans.

Just look at the stars and flags compared to other threads started at the same time. You people are sick, and deep down seemingly enjoy when these things get to be discussed. It's like your real life horror movies or something. One thing it is not... NORMAL!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There was a vehicle pursuit northward and the shooter is dead. No answer to how he died.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As far as a "pill for everything" goes. Thank God. I see what they do everyday. Plus how many of you would be dead in a month if not for "pills"? From heart attack and stroke from hypertension, diabetes, liver disease, depression and suicide, metabolic and endocrine disorders, and on and on. And on and on. Be glad we have pills.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: TheJesuit

For me, an attack against a church is an attack against God.

So to say an attack against thin air...

Does it make an attack on people worse, if it happens in an idol´s temple?

Germans have been attacked in the name of thin air then?

Prayers to the families. Do we have more information yet on the who and why?
edit on 5-11-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
As far as a "pill for everything" goes. Thank God. I see what they do everyday. Plus how many of you would be dead in a month if not for "pills"? From heart attack and stroke from hypertension, diabetes, liver disease, depression and suicide, metabolic and endocrine disorders, and on and on. And on and on. Be glad we have pills.

I think the general idea here wasn't that all pills are bad, but the default to them when there may be alternatives is bad, and in general pushing mentally ill people off to the pharmacy after a 15 minute interview probably isn't the best idea either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join