It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
1 in 4 people will suffer some kind of mental illness at one point in their life time.

Mental illness is a global problem.

In the UK and many other countries there are lots of people who are living with mental illness, yet we have not reached a stage where mass shootings or killings are just a normal part of our daily lives.

When you try to make this about mental health you do two things, firstly, you are excusing the real problem, lack of gun regulations and secondly you are only compounding the stigma attached to mental health.

The problem is your dam guns.

Not mental illness.

When you purchase a "dam" gun, you're asked if you have a history of mental illness. You're also asked if you've ever been dishonorably discharged from the armed forces or addicted to illicit drugs.

There's no extensive background checks, nothing but a "check yes or no".

The problem isn't my "dam guns", as my guns are faulty anyhow. They've never shot up a school or a church or even a supermarket. Hell my F-150 is broken too as it's never plowed through a busy sidewalk mowing down pedestrian.

I guess the "problem" is the fact that I'm not an evil person and my head is attached correctly?

You claim the problem lies with gun regulation (I couldn't agree more) then cite the gun itself as the actual problem.
edit on 03/27/2014 by knowledge4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: rickymouse

Stricter laws? Maybe not.

However a law that would make relevant information available to those selling firearms to let them know the person wanting to but is ok to do so or not ok to do so.

the Hodge podge of state laws and various privacy laws are problematic.

How do you balance a persons right to privacy against another persons right to not be harmed?

No matter the system it wont be perfect and people who are lawfully able to buy / possess a firearm can still go bonkers. There is also the issue of leaving firearms in cars and having them stolen because they left their car unlocked (or houses / businesses etc).

The current gun laws we have only apply to law abiding citizens.

Your last sentence is the most important to have people understand.

Laws only apply to law abiding citizens, why even mention guns?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: rickymouse

a reply to: rickymouse

Stricter laws? Maybe not.

However a law that would make relevant information available to those selling firearms to let them know the person wanting to but is ok to do so or not ok to do so.

the Hodge podge of state laws and various privacy laws are problematic.

How do you balance a persons right to privacy against another persons right to not be harmed?

No matter the system it wont be perfect and people who are lawfully able to buy / possess a firearm can still go bonkers. There is also the issue of leaving firearms in cars and having them stolen because they left their car unlocked (or houses / businesses etc).

The current gun laws we have only apply to law abiding citizens.

Your last sentence is the most important to have people understand.

Laws only apply to law abiding citizens, why even mention guns?

Because gun laws in the US are backwards in that the restrictions put in place are only going to apply to people who follow the law.

Like the guy in Texas and the guy in Las Vegas.

Everything these people did violated numerous laws. In the end those laws prevented people in those situations from carrying a weapon. The shooters on the other hand ignored the law anyways and knew the people they targeted had no means to fight back.

link   
a reply to: Trueman

Yeah well, let's be glad people that can't tell the difference between a fictitious diety like God and a real thing like a church are still not at the reigns.

edit on 5-11-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

link   
Yet another mass shooting.
Thoughts go out to all the families of the dead and injured. America...what is it going to take? How many have to die before you address the guns as being half of the problem? Of course. the other half is aberrant psychology, put the two together and you have a recipe for these type of killings, which are on the increase.

I'll leave it at that...for now.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Why do police agencies in the United Kingdom have armed officer teams?
Why are all police officers in N. Ireland armed?
edit on 5-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Thank you, your wise holiness, for "leaving it at that for now" frankly after reading about another mass shooting I just couldn't handle the two at once.

Puhlease spare me.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettusome churches have a school bus they use to pick up people who don't drive or can't also alot of victims might be children. for example last time i went to church it was me , my girl my mom our 3 kids and her lil brother thats 7 so if each car had 4 or more people then yes thats plenty of cars

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

You got no problems over there I bet, eh mate? Yeah didn't think so. Castles falling down around you it is, and your lands are chalk full of migrants ready to stab you in the back in the dark as soon as to offer you a hand.

Or is it some sort of coping mechanism, pretending like focusing on the big bad problems on the other continent will dull the pain of having your kidneys popped by the very real migrant problem you face.

I'll leave it at that... For now.
edit on 5-11-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here we go again... don't take our guns !!!
Another nut with an AR, no need for further gun control...

You live in a police state, just because of your gun laws.
Your cultural upbringing isn't helping either IMO.

My heart goes out to all the victims and family

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Utter nonsense.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

What castles falling, immigrants taking over... You don't get out much do you. The cure for ignorance is travel, you should try it sometime.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledge4truth

The problem isn't my "dam guns", as my guns are faulty anyhow. They've never shot up a school or a church or even a supermarket.

Mine too.

I am gonna go get my money back.

link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

Utter nonsense.

I can see that response coming from an Australian who has no knowledge of US laws who makes his decision based on just news reports.

Learn then get back to us.

link   

What castles falling, immigrants taking over... You don't get out much do you. The cure for ignorance is travel, you should try it sometime.

The irony...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

UPDATE: Sutherland Springs Gunman Devin Kelley Wore “All Black” – Facebook Page Suggests He Was Diehard Atheist, CNN Fan

now reported on

Source

Product of Left wing Fake News and Atheism.

Another tragedy linked to #resistance propaganda.

Hate is being spread like the plague and there will be more of this until we understand the root cause is hate. All this hate Americans by fellow Americans is the narrative of the news driving the lunatics to react.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

The irony...

Oh please, get a grip, you can stop now.

You have already accused me of something I haven't done in this thread and frankly I'm not willing to play your game of semantics.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Would you care to explain your logic or at the least what you consider being "utter nonsense "?

Laws only apply to those that recognize them. If you are a law abiding citizen you obey the laws set forth by the government.
If you are not a law abiding citizen, you break the law (s).
Laws do not prevent crime.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Your right laws do not prevent crime, I'm not sure what you want me to explain, the to and fro between me and X is a morphing of conversation I would expect difficult to follow.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because gun laws in the US are backwards in that the restrictions put in place are only going to apply to people who follow the law. 

Like the guy in Texas and the guy in Las Vegas. 

Everything these people did violated numerous laws. In the end those laws prevented people in those situations from carrying a weapon. The shooters on the other hand ignored the law anyways and knew the people they targeted had no means to fight back.

You claimed THIS was "utter nonsense " . I was asking you to explain your reasoning.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join