It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Yeah...I'm just going to stay out of places where there can be a crowd of people for a little bit of time. Churches and Concerts. I know this issue isn't guns but dang guys is anyone seeing a problem here? It seems like we go from one Mass Shooting to another and nothing is being done about it. Or maybe this was the plan all along.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ltheghost

The simple fact of the matter is, that the most effective way of reducing mass murder, is not removing a certain type of tool, but treating mental illness correctly, comprehensively, and with the understanding that doing so is the difference between life and death, not just for the person who suffers the mental illness, but for those around them. What will make a difference, is identifying persons who have about them the personality type required for a person to become a mass murderer, or even an abuser, or any other negative trait of violence, and identify them from their first expression of this trait, not their worst and last.

The thing that binds most of these shooters together, is that they either expressed evidence of, or in some cases were even treated for mental illness, treatment which when it was in any evidence at all, was frankly pathetic and failed entirely to protect either the sufferer or their victims, from the worst that their mental illness had to offer them. Those who abuse their spouse, their children, those who express the traits of psychopathy, whether organised or disorganised, those who express a lack of empathy, these people could, and should have been identified by any sensible system of mental healthcare, especially in the case where the person had any prior, even tenuous connection to the military, either directly through service, or through contact with a relative who served, and expressed at any time, recorded by any jurisdiction, police agency, judiciary, any proceeding of any court, at any age or period in their life, the tendency toward violence.

These people should never have been walking around like regular folk. They should have been under residential psychiatric care, and unable to lay their hands on marshmallows without supervision. Lanza, Paddock, this Texas fellow... none of them were fit to be left alone with the contents of a pillowcase, leave alone firearms, knives, cars, fuels, household cleaning chemicals, electrical equipment, lengths of cord or wire, raw materials for the creation of any weapon of any kind, tools... these people were not safe to be left in their own company, absent supervision and containment being in effect around them.

The people who did these things, were the problem, not the tools they happened to use to do what they did.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

If you wanna go that route, you probably also believe that God created people, so really, any attack against any people would be an attack against God, regardless of gender, nationality, race, etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But how do we identify those who may have mental health problems that could be a danger?

Would posting on online forums that there may be a need to eliminate many members of a certain political candidate qualify as need for alarm?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

Both the Mail and the Sun reporting that he was pretty hardcore into his atheism and called religious people stupid. Doesn't mean that's what set him off, but it could shed light into why he picked that particular target.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

But how do we identify those who may have mental health problems that could be a danger?

Would posting on online forums that there may be a need to eliminate many members of a certain political candidate qualify as need for alarm?

Luckily for Trump most of the people that want him dead don't believe in the second amendment and trying to get guns banned. Though they have no problem hiring security companies with armed guards to protect them and their stuff. Oh that was just to easy feel bad now lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit>>>> The call for gun control is going to be silenced as usual. The guy was fought off by a good guy with a gun, just like in the last church shooting. And the barest hint or cry for gun banning only increases gun sales and the resolve for people to own and bear them. That has to be driving the deep staters buggy.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

Both the Mail and the Sun reporting that he was pretty hardcore into his atheism and called religious people stupid. Doesn't mean that's what set him off, but it could shed light into why he picked that particular target.

Did you catch the part where he taught bible study? Odd thing for an atheist to do. Guessing he found god at one point??

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Sooner or later you'd think it would sink in - as much as no one wants to be shot in incidents like this one, we still fear our own government more.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Either that or he was looking for something and got angry when he never found it, the common religion stung me type.

Or he thought he was being sneaky subversive by enlightening children young.

Or he was simply going through the motions. There are plenty of atheists in the pews.
edit on 6-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Grambler

Luckily for Trump most of the people that want him dead don't believe in the second amendment and trying to get guns banned. Though they have no problem hiring security companies with armed guards to protect them and their stuff. Oh that was just to easy feel bad now lol.

The irony of some of these people posting is sickening.

All of these internet tough guys calling for the need to kill supporters of x or y candidate.

Then posting their perceived solutions to events like this.

Maybe they will take a step back and realize the actual horror of killing people for their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: TheJesuit>>>> The call for gun control is going to be silenced as usual. The guy was fought off by a good guy with a gun, just like in the last church shooting. And the barest hint or cry for gun banning only increases gun sales and the resolve for people to own and bear them. That has to be driving the deep staters buggy.

Yes gun sales always go up after a mass shooting. But they claim its from people afraid they will ban them that doesn't make sense however. Because if they banned them they would be the first to lose them because they are registered. I think the more likely reason is people start thinking of protecting themselves in case they are in a similar situarion. For example this will make a change from me I have a carry permit and to be honest didn't feel right about carrying in our church. Well won't do that again instead of being in the car it's staying with me.

People all ways claim people buy guns for anything other then self defence notice that. I first got my permit along with the wife when she started getting some death threats at her law firm. Funny people aren't happy with lawyers are they?
edit on 11/6/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thats actually a damned sight easier than one might imagine.

First of all, as I mentioned, it should be impossible to get a discharge from the military on the grounds of ones behaviour, without being mandated to appear before a psychological assessment panel, once every month for the rest of ones natural life, or until that panel can show that ones mental state has improved beyond the point where one poses any threat to anyone else, what so ever. It should also be impossible to have any official record that one has abused ones spouse or child, or performed any act of violence as a matter of record, without the individual being referred to state mandated mental health panels, assessed very carefully indeed for evidence of psychopathy, or any similar and dangerous trait. It should be impossible to be convicted of a violent crime of any nature, without having to undergo state mandated psychological evaluations, for a very, very long time indeed, so long that even the most patient sicko would crack under questioning, and provide evidence which would see them locked away for their safety and the safety of others, in an environment where there is at least a chance of healing.

As for posting on online forums, sure, why the hell not. That would see well over eighty percent of people who are still gung ho for Trump, well and truly boned. I don't mind going up on my own rope. The right thing to do is the right thing to do, no matter who its done to.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

It absolutely has the opposite effect.

My NFA SBR'd machinegun has accompanied me every day since Vegas.

My III+ plate carrier also comes with me. Dangerous out here.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Be the change you seek.

Stop calling for the death of trump supporters.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You get much further in getting people to listen to you when you don't pretty much start out your position with "You're all nuts, or insane, or need to be removed from society wholesale simply for taking a different political perspective than my own ..."

Once you've gone there, people sort of tend to tune you out.

That's a big part of the problem with political discourse these days.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ltheghost

When a nations civil state degrades to the point ours has, this activity is inevitable. Those who normalize and espouse violence are the problem. Armed citizens are the solution.

I roll with an SBR automatic PDW and armor on the daily. Grab a body cam for silent witness too.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

When there are no Trump supporters calling for the death or deportation of people living in the United States, or anywhere else, when there are no people who refuse to take responsibility for the faults of previous administrations, and their actions, by accepting refugees and asylum seekers, whether they get to the US legally or otherwise, I will stop calling for the death or deportation of all fascists. When flying a swastika in public gets the carrier beaten senseless and set on fire without my having to say a word about it, I will shut up.

After you all, I will wait

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Even after a person kills such as this monster, you still feel the need to call for murders of trump supporters.

You are truly a disgusting person.

There is a good chance this murderer felt just as justified about wanting to see the deaths of a certain group as you do.

I hope you seek help before we read about you enacting justice on innocent people.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Calling for anyone's death is a bad idea.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join