It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek is dead, fire at will!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have been waiting to see what STD would be about. Star Trek Discovery is an STD.

The fan made productions are all coming to an end under the new restrictions by CBS after suing Axanar productions and an all out war on the fans was won. A pyrrhic victory against the very source of the shows culture.

It leads those who have been Trekkies for life to a cold realization. Either Trek is dead or it is a zombie.

I will shed it entirely and bury it away.

The idiots who ruined it can have it. They will make it into another generic scifi show that is entirely disconnected from everything that made it what it was beyond the name only. It wont last and will be forgotten like all the other generic crap.

Its funny though. Real trek is being pirated against large production studios while large studios bastardize and dillute Trek into a cheap knockoff for a quick buck.

Then they kill the free Trek community.

They want to implant an engineered fan base with a preachy message no one identifies with. Ok.

You can have it. It wont work for you and you can be remembered as the terrible ones who ruined yet another awesome thing.

Fans asked so that those who listened could ignore their requests more completely.

Thanks for the retconned retcon, lens flare, side angle, prequel that we said we wanted anything but.

Also, were there any actual trek fans writing the material? Vulcans can now speak like jedis across the galaxy in mind melds?

There is a long list of mistakes like that. WTF?

So just die Star Trek. Die.

edit on 11 4 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Fire at will?

Will Wheaton?
Come on even Sheldon Cooper forgave him.
edit on 1142017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well it's getting strong ratings internationally and domestically. Doing better than Voyager and Enterprise every did. So I'm sorry you don't like it, but Trek isn't dead.
edit on -05:00pm121130America/ChicagoSat, 04 Nov 2017 13:12:28 -0500307 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Fire at will?

Will Wheaton?
Come on even Sheldon Cooper forgave him.

Bwahahahahaha....

I thought a couple of years ago that they should do a show from the Klingon perspective and it's dealings with the Federation and others. Call it Empire. I still think that would fly.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Well it's getting strong ratings internationally and domestically. Doing better than Voyager and Enterprise every did. So I'm sorry you don't like it, but Trek isn't dead.

It is not dead but it is different and people do not tend to like different, they like what they know already.

It's early in season one and personally I dislike all of the season ones of all the treks as they tend to be a bit disjointed and unfamiliar.

It takes about midway through season 2 to get settled and tends to get better as the charecters and arcs develop until the end.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Come over to the dark side, the Star Wars franchise will be cranking out hit after hit.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Probably they couldn't get sex fully integrated into the desired theme. PC stuff and sex would seem to be two different trends that TV is heading for these days. They are not mutually exclusive to one another but definitely not on the same heading into the stars.
edit on 4-11-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I liked the original star treks. They are the reason we have cell phones. Our tricorders are right in our phones though.

The show Star trek actually got people interested in inventing this technology. Nobody really wanted to talk into their shoe like Maxwell Smart did.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Although it took a little getting used to, Discovery has grown on me and I'm really enjoying it now. Trek is changing with the times, get over it.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Seriously? I clearly recall Dick Tracy and his wrist phone in post WWII.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

And what about that old lady on the smart phone in that Charlie Chaplin movie fromm the 20's?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

So did SGU. Unless the UK loves it that is all meaningless. The proof is that droves of generational fans are watching Orville and calling it the new Trek.

From an outsiders perspective its all the same. To a Trekkie its not designed to catch us.

DS9 people came around to Voyager like Voyager fan boys came around to DS9. It was still made for us.

This is not made for people who made the franchise.

Good luck creating generational cult following with this.

Its not just different. Different is to be expected. Bad would also be different like better would.

This is bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I liked the original star treks. They are the reason we have cell phones. Our tricorders are right in our phones though.

The show Star trek actually got people interested in inventing this technology. Nobody really wanted to talk into their shoe like Maxwell Smart did.

Cell phone technology was created in the 1940's.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Na, the times change people dont.

Trek was about the human condition, not popular fads and improvised agendas.

Real Trekkies already know.

Everyone else can finally have their own version we hate.

It wont last like ours did.

edit on 11 4 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What fads or agendas are being portrayed in Discovery?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am Jedaii.

Nuff said

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I guess the new Apple wrist phone goes back a little farther to gain their idea. Dick Tracy may have formed the idea, but many kids nowadays don't even know who Dick Tracy is.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'm Rey's parents.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The Shadow would kick Tracy's ass!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

But they eventually went belly up and joined the federation. Knowing their fate takes the fire out of the story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join