It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Plane sized" void found in the great pyramid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

It's more fun being a dreamer (real dreamer, not a child born here by a foreigner), and having a very colorful imagination is an added bonus.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Someone was talking about this, a thread I think around a few months ago.

I never could believe they'd go to all that trouble stacking all that volume, only to have a mancave for him, for wardrobe closet for her, and a crapper.

I can't imagine they would go to all that trouble without putting something seeriously cool in there like a stargate or similar alien tech

Call me what you will I would get one of those bit drilly mining machines and head on in there and to hell with preserving ancient monuments.

Star gates don’t exist in the real world they purely Hollywood science fiction.

I would not be so sure about that.

http://(nolink)/pdf/PROJECT_AQUARIUS_DOCUMENT.pdf
edit on 2-11-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I bet that would be the most streamed thing ever in our history... Listening to Thunderstruck right now while picturing a livestream going into that pyramid intensifies the thought.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This may be dumb, but could these voids have been left just for expediency's sake? I mean a giant open space means they'd need to haul and install that many less huge blocks. Maybe Pharoah was getting impatient and heads were gonna roll.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Except for the always elusive Honest Politician.

And their lawyers.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yeah, if Thunderstruck is playing in the video, then we'd have to arrive on quads while jumping sand dunes on the way to the pyramid's entrance.

I'm actually getting a little sad that this will not be a reality...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

voids were generally and specifically avoided unless for an acute purpose, otherwise you're leaving the pyramid susceptible to collapse.

And if you notice, everywhere that there is a void, special engineering above and around had to take place in order to compensate.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61
No that wouldn't work. To have a void inside the pyramid would cause vastly more work, ie. forming a roof over the void, that in itself is very complex. Look at the ceiling over the grand gallery. It would be much easier to fill any void, even with rubble, not stones.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Except for the always elusive Honest Politician.

And their lawyers.

LMAO!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

No doubt, brother, no doubt... The thought of rolling across the desert on quads with AC/DC blasting and snapping back to reality IS sad. You never know what the future holds though........

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Devino
This void, as pictured in your link, does seem to mimic the Grand Gallery, I wonder if any of the ascending shafts go through or connect to this void.

Or maybe it isn't a "void" at all, but rather an imaging ghost of the Grand Gallery. Or another "minor gallery" designed to do the same thing the Grand Gallery did, help move blocks up inside the pyramid for distribution on the uppermost layers.
An echo image? How embarrassing for these researchers if that is true.

I don't think the Grand Gallery was designed to be used to move blocks. The passageway entering this gallery is very small and ends in a rather small sized chamber that doesn't seem suitable for moving large blocks. Why then leave this gallery there considering the construction needed to support all the weight above it? Why move blocks up through the middle and not around the outside?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
a reply to: Kandinsky

Kewl! It may be awhile but they will at some point drill in and place a camera/robot into both. I do hope something of interest is found - I suspect something like the relieving chambers - ie rocks, dust and maybe some graffiti!

I hope I am wrong

Speaking of graffiti, perhaps there’s something to that, something that would help prove their age.
edit on 2-11-2017 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino
Why move blocks up through the middle and not around the outside?

That's the way ants do it.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's obviously where Ben Carson stores his grain.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

They opened the first door, went inside and further up the shaft via robot. The found another door, drilled through to see what was on the other side via fiber optic camera and a saw granite plugs ahead.

From other experiences, those granite plugs are triple thick (3 plugs stacked on each other). They don't even know how the second door was opened.

Without being able to get through the second door they are kind of stuck.

Looking at other photos, it does look like the King's Chamber shaft bisects the void area on that side of the pyramid.

a reply to: Devino

It can't be an echo. Cosmic rays stream in from space in straight line, they knock a muon free from matter they interact with that travels forward for a bit. If the rock was solid then they would travel the same speed. But there is a stretch of 30 meters where they arrive faster that the surrounding area.

They used 3 different muon measuring instruments to validate their readings.

edit on 2-11-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: verbs make sentences make sense

edit on 2-11-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tag on reply

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thank you.

Too bad they're not looking for volunteers to check it out...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I’ll be willing to bet that anything artifact that are exotic, ancient high technology made by man, alien technology, and spaceships, have been long gone for sure. The void in question is probably there for sure, but if anything ancient was inside has long been gone.
ever since Howard Carter found king tuts tomb there there was a revival in Egyptian archaeology and there was a mad grab in excavations, particularly in he Giza plateau. And anything interesting had to go through the Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs, regular artifacts were OKAYed and ancient high technology type artifacts were suppressed. With today’s technology i guarantee that anything 50 feet into the ground (sand), and pyramids in the Giza plateau has been found and hidden away.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Or looking at from the outside!

I would bet that it takes two, one from the inside to hold something, while one from the outside does their part.

That is why the pyramids are mysterious! Nobody knows.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Or looking at from the outside!

I would bet that it takes two, one from the inside to hold something, while one from the outside does their part.

That is why the pyramids are mysterious! Nobody knows.

There's three of us that would go... Being someone that's seen and experienced my fair share of paranormal things, I'd definitely work my way inside. If a stone falls then the worst thing that can happen is I black out and wouldn't feel a thing, lol. Then my family is set for life. Unless it fell on my legs. Nah, but seriously I'd be the gopher with a livestream camera attached to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

They might have used sand for counter weighting.
Some large vessels filled and emptied fairly quickly in these voids.
Packed sand also has some compression strength so could have been used as a temporarily filler before the weight of the solid blocks could sustain the structure. I wonder if the engineers were smart enough to build internal arches that way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join