It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Plane sized" void found in the great pyramid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: Dr X

I like the ideas of that Frenchman, Jean-Pierre Houdin, about the construction of the pyramids, where he surmised the grand gallery could have held a giant sliding counterweight that would have helped to haul the giant blocks used in the roof of the kings chamber into place.

www.reuters.com...

If there is another void above the grand gallery, which looks almost parallel to it, it could also have been used to house a second giant sliding counterweight to haul the next level of giant blocks a little higher during the construction of the pyramid, once the construction got too high up for the grand gallery to remain useful.

Djoser's pyramid has those, in fact one propped back up where it was before the drop and one they simply dug around to get to the other side of the corridor.

We have seen the similar ones in the shafts of this pyramid, why not do it for the main chamber if they did it for the shafts(why a sealed door in those small confines BTW?)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That could certainly hold a lot of grain.

Dr. Ben Carson right again?
edit on 2-11-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
It’s too soon to be calling the void a ‘chamber’ or ‘Tutankhamenesque burial chamber full of treasure.’

It's never too soon, however, to be calling it the burial chamber of Mork from Ork or some other perhaps cooler alien, like Ra or possibly Ma-at.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
If there is anything wild and amazing in there, we will never be told

Can't prove a negative.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What is "plane size" I'm not familiar with that measurement

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
What is "plane size" I'm not familiar with that measurement

Bigger than a breadbox?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

So what's the problem, why can't someone go into the pyramid? Serious question... Is it blocked or something?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It is 98 feet (30 meters) long. It sits above the Grand Gallery.

a reply to: LSU0408

There are no ways in unless the "air shaft" has a side shaft in. And that is plugged.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Elon Musk needs to start "Pyramid X" for ways to open up the chambers.

We can send up the robot Djedi, but thats not good enough. I think it will turn into the Oak Island treasure fiasco when they sent down the rover that just bounced around in the corner the whole time!

Keep the Lagina Bros out of Egypt!

Do you honestly think they stopped the project and not just removed it from the public eye? Clearly, they did send cameras with drills into the shafts and know already that something is in there.

Do any of you remember the "fake" report by a reporter who was, in fact, real, about the meeting of archeologists in Egypt who wrote that one of the speakers there announced that they found something in that void and it "was not of earth"?

Very interesting... Do you have a link I can read or remember that thread? This type of stuff is extremely fascinating.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

What do historians truly know from that page in history anyways? Without a time machine, or hard evidence all they have are speculations and theories. There's no telling how that civilization really was back then, they could have been far more advanced than we are. All of their creations could have been burned or destroyed in unknown wars, etc... I'd LOVE to be able to go inside that pyramid and see what's in there... I'd take the risks.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Someone was talking about this, a thread I think around a few months ago.

I never could believe they'd go to all that trouble stacking all that volume, only to have a mancave for him, for wardrobe closet for her, and a crapper.

I can't imagine they would go to all that trouble without putting something seeriously cool in there like a stargate or similar alien tech

Call me what you will I would get one of those bit drilly mining machines and head on in there and to hell with preserving ancient monuments.

Star gates don’t exist in the real world they purely Hollywood science fiction.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
I'd LOVE to be able to go inside that pyramid and see what's in there... I'd take the risks.

Me too...let me know when you get the travel plans set. The buddy system is always best.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

“This large void has therefore been detected with a high confidence by three different muon detection technologies and three independent analyses,” the scientists said. “While there’s currently no information about the role of this void, these findings show how modern particle physics can shed new light on the world’s archaeological heritage.”

www.rt.com...

It could be the room where the Pharaohs met with their Gods for monthly management meetings?

Nice link Sublimecraft, that answers a few questions I had. It's interesting they used the ambiguous "plane sized" description. What kind of plane? Did they mean plane shaped void? This pyramid is different to all others for several reasons like its ascending gallery above ground and also a descending passage that goes below ground.

This void, as pictured in your link, does seem to mimic the Grand Gallery, I wonder if any of the ascending shafts go through or connect to this void. Perhaps this will answer what the purpose of the Grand Gallery was, or for that matter the pyramid itself. A tomb for the Pharaoh Khufu seems a rather weak theory in my opinion. The only item that was purportedly found was the stone tub in the King's chamber.

History records the first person to enter this pyramid after its completion was Abdallah al-Mamun, back in the day when Muslims were seekers of knowledge and enlightenment.

Abdullah Al Mamun and his men proceed across the threshold, convinced that this was the fabulous prize being the reward for their labours. There, against a red granite wall, was a large, chocolate coloured stone sarcophagus, so large that the chamber must have surely been built around it. Lighting the way ahead of them, the explorers rushed to look inside and found nothing - the granite sarcophagus was empty.
Source

The idea that the pyramid contains artifacts of knowledge have been around for a long time.

He [Al Mamun] turned his attention to the great pyramid of giza and claimed that the secret chambers contained highly accurate maps and tables implemented by the pyramid builders and in addition great treasure was hidden somewhere within.

It took great effort and several months to find the hidden entrance.

As far as we know, the first people to enter the great pyramid since the time of its contruction were the Arabs in 820 AD. Under caliph, Al Mamoun, the Arabs broke into... the great pyramid (since they could not find the hidden entrance) by boring into the limestone with crude instruments. After months they did manage to break in and find the descending passage.
Source
I don't think it would be a great surprise to find another hidden passageway into this void that has gone unnoticed all this time.
edit on 11/2/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: Xtrozero

It is 98 feet (30 meters) long. It sits above the Grand Gallery.

There are no ways in unless the "air shaft" has a side shaft in. And that is plugged.

Can it be unplugged?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Nothing exists in the real world, until it's discovered, right?

Nah...the Higgs-Boson and other things theorized to exist but never found (until they were) disprove your statement of absolutes.

Odds are that there is no stargate, but to claim with certainty that they don't exist (or imply that they never did) is just impossible to prove. Don't be a Negative Nancy...let us all dream that little dream...

link   

originally posted by: Devino
This void, as pictured in your link, does seem to mimic the Grand Gallery, I wonder if any of the ascending shafts go through or connect to this void.

Or maybe it isn't a "void" at all, but rather an imaging ghost of the Grand Gallery. Or another "minor gallery" designed to do the same thing the Grand Gallery did, help move blocks up inside the pyramid for distribution on the uppermost layers.

link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I hope it's more exciting than spaces left during the construction to relieve pressures and stresses.

... but it's probably empty constructional spaces...

Because real life is boring.

Unless you enjoy it. Some people can work in a lab all day looking at blood samples and it's more amazing than fiction. Or, maybe comb over telescope data full-time for years. Who knows, maybe you'll discover a new class of neutron star? Maybe I'm embellishing, but lots of people can be entertained by what's uninteresting to others. And maybe some of us are too dimwitted to grasp its glorious nature.

What's boring? Depends who you ask I think.
edit on 11/2/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: LSU0408
I'd LOVE to be able to go inside that pyramid and see what's in there... I'd take the risks.

Me too...let me know when you get the travel plans set. The buddy system is always best.

If only... We'd fly out tomorrow!

ETA: And I'd document what I found so everyone could know. I hate when they hide stuff from us.
edit on 2-11-2017 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

If Nirvana could be unplugged, so can the "air shafts."

Maybe get MTV on the horn?

live stream every step of the way.

edit on 2-11-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Exactly... If you've never seen it, there's a 50% chance it does exist.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join