It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook, Twitter: Russian actors sought to undermine Trump after election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
[sarcasm] Obviously the terror attack in NYC yesterday was a false flag staged by the social media companies to deflect from their testimony to Congress. [/sarcasm]
edit on 1 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The government no longer controls the schools. Thanks to "conservative" politics, tax money is being funneled into privately owned "schools" where there is no accounting for what children are taught. Many not only do not teach critical thinking, they program children to reject it. It is possible to attend twelve years of schooling without ever challenging the literal truth of the Bible.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: ketsuko

The government no longer controls the schools. Thanks to "conservative" politics, tax money is being funneled into privately owned "schools" where there is no accounting for what children are taught. Many not only do not teach critical thinking, they program children to reject it. It is possible to attend twelve years of schooling without ever challenging the literal truth of the Bible.

Really? Why did no one tell me? My kid would be in one of those private schools in a heartbeat. Certainly not how it works in my state yet.

At best, this only happens in a handful of states, on a very limited basis, and has only been happening for a handful of years.

Those kids are still in the system. So we don't know what systemic effects this will have yet.

Please try again. Most of today's voters went through the public education mills.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: Grambler

How about you just keep an eye on what Russian trolls are pushing, and not enthusiastically push it as well?

Right.

So they are pushing stories that Trump colluded, so we shouldnt push them.

They are pushing stories that BLM does such as cops are rascist. Sp we shouldnt push them.

I am glad though that you will fianlyy stop pushing these stories because you realize you are just helping russians.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

a Russian troll farm known as the Internet Research Agency after Nov. 8 centered on “fomenting discord about the validity of his [Trump’s] election.” That's a change from Russia's pre-election activity, which was largely centered on trying to denigrate Hillary Clinton

Doesn't that mean that they feel a Disunited States is advantageous to them , support the "outsider" then knock him down to create division .... seems to have worked , No ?

It means tghye just want to cause division.

There most direct and successful way they have done that was by being able to give Steele info for gthe dossier which has cause so much division in this country.

I wonder who paid for that?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

doing russias bidding for criticizing Hillary or Trump is ridiculous.

I've never taken that position.

The most clear example of russia being able to sow discord was the people that paid to get dirt from them in a dossier.

I disagree completely. To me, the biggest effect the dossier has had to sow discord has been the pro-Trump narrative that the dossier is the root of everything anti-Trump.

Have you personally read it? Hell, I haven't even taken the time to read the whole thing closely. I've skimmed through it and searched on certain terms a few times — to respond to threads authored by Trump supporters about the dossier. I don't know anyone IRL who has read it. I don't get the impression that many people on ATS have read it. The only thing that really ever trended on Twitter was the golden shower thing and as far as I can tell, most people didn't take that seriously — it was just fun to troll Trump supporters with.

The pro-Trump segment of the GOP has really been hammering the base with the notion that the "Russia narrative" is "based on the dossier." They've made the dossier more important than it ever was to the average person on the Left or independent, like waaaay more important. It's the source of the "Russia narrative," they used it to get the FISA warrant for Manafort (who is a Kremlin shill but only through 2014 and definitely not during his "very limited role" in the Trump campaign) and of course it proves that no matter what, Clinton is "real colluder!"

To me? That's all bull#. When did you ever see me make a thread about anything that was in the dossier? Ever? Yet I've authored dozens of threads about Trump before and after the election and I didn't find any use for it.

I think it's biggest influence is as an object of right-wing pro-Trump rhetoric and that's got nothing to do with the Russians.

Exactly correct.

The dossier is not some golden idol that is being upheld by the Left.

It has become a weapon of propaganda and rhetoric that the Right continually bashes us over the head with.

In my opinion, even though some of what is in the dossier seems to be false, I think the dossier scares the piss (no pun intended) out of the Right. Even if just a small portion is true, it shatters the fragile narratives they have created.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: theantediluvian

doing russias bidding for criticizing Hillary or Trump is ridiculous.

I've never taken that position.

The most clear example of russia being able to sow discord was the people that paid to get dirt from them in a dossier.

I disagree completely. To me, the biggest effect the dossier has had to sow discord has been the pro-Trump narrative that the dossier is the root of everything anti-Trump.

Have you personally read it? Hell, I haven't even taken the time to read the whole thing closely. I've skimmed through it and searched on certain terms a few times — to respond to threads authored by Trump supporters about the dossier. I don't know anyone IRL who has read it. I don't get the impression that many people on ATS have read it. The only thing that really ever trended on Twitter was the golden shower thing and as far as I can tell, most people didn't take that seriously — it was just fun to troll Trump supporters with.

The pro-Trump segment of the GOP has really been hammering the base with the notion that the "Russia narrative" is "based on the dossier." They've made the dossier more important than it ever was to the average person on the Left or independent, like waaaay more important. It's the source of the "Russia narrative," they used it to get the FISA warrant for Manafort (who is a Kremlin shill but only through 2014 and definitely not during his "very limited role" in the Trump campaign) and of course it proves that no matter what, Clinton is "real colluder!"

To me? That's all bull#. When did you ever see me make a thread about anything that was in the dossier? Ever? Yet I've authored dozens of threads about Trump before and after the election and I didn't find any use for it.

I think it's biggest influence is as an object of right-wing pro-Trump rhetoric and that's got nothing to do with the Russians.

Exactly correct.

The dossier is not some golden idol that is being upheld by the Left.

It has become a weapon of propaganda and rhetoric that the Right continually bashes us over the head with.

In my opinion, even though some of what is in the dossier seems to be false, I think the dossier scares the piss (no pun intended) out of the Right. Even if just a small portion is true, it shatters the fragile narratives they have created.

And you just proved my point.

Yes, you and the media do think the dossier scares the right, and people say things like this often. If its true, it has a huge impact, which is said all over.

So again, I repeat, the clearest and most effective example of Russia sowing discord was them being able to directly feed steele info that was paid for by the dems.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yes, you and the media do think the dossier scares the right, and people say things like this often. If its true, it has a huge impact, which is said all over.

It doesn't matter if it's true or not. The real effect it has had is that it has become a weapon of the Right, due to their fear of some of it being true. People and the media may talk about it, because it is relevant to the overall subject, but it is the Right that have ran with it.

It's similar to when it came out that the Right had been trolled and propagandized by fake news factories. They immediately turned it around and used it as a tool against the Left.

It's out of fear and embarrassment. That example, along with the dossier, is on the shoulders of the Right, not the Left.

So again, I repeat, the clearest and most effective example of Russia sowing discord was them being able to directly feed steele info that was paid for by the dems.

Sure, if that is what has happened. But the point is, it is the Right that is using it to sow discord. Not the Left.

You are bashing us over the head with it...not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It means tghye just want to cause division.

Correct. That is the strategy they have been using elsewhere for years:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There most direct and successful way they have done that was by being able to give Steele info for gthe dossier which has cause so much division in this country.

What a strange statement! The country was long divided before the Steele dossier made its appearance after the election.* Russia's most successful strategy was social media. By pretending to be American extremist organizations, they used Facebook algorithms to target black propaganda at millions of specific voters.

I wonder who paid for that?

What does it matter? The Kremlin would have "leaked" it to WikiLeaks if they couldn't find a buyer... like the DNC emails.

*The Rolling Stone article did not include specifics, and was not widely circulated at the time, so please don't try to make an issue of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So the left pays for dirt from the kremlin, which is spouted all over the media, and is even used n part at least for the investigation into Trump and russian collusion,

and you blame the right for worrying about it.

Classic.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yep Facebook ads and Pokemon go cause more discord than the dossier.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

So the left pays for dirt from the kremlin, which is spouted all over the media, and is even used n part at least for the investigation into Trump and russian collusion,

If true, that means there was some truth to it.

and you blame the right for worrying about it.

No. I blame the Right for bashing us over the head with it.

Like I said, if Russia fed this to Steele to create discord, etc, it is you and the Right that fell for it.

Again, I'm not bashing you over the head with it. You are doing it to us.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Top lawyers from Facebook and Twitter said Tuesday that Russian-linked posts and advertisements placed on the social networks after Election Day sought to sow doubt about President Donald Trump's victory.

Facebook general counsel Colin Stretch told a Senate Judiciary panel that content generated by a Russian troll farm known as the Internet Research Agency after Nov. 8 centered on “fomenting discord about the validity of his [Trump’s] election.” That's a change from Russia's pre-election activity, which was largely centered on trying to denigrate Hillary Clinton, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said in a January report.

www.politico.com...

Uh Oh.

Many people have told me that any talking about possible corruption of Hillary was playing into russias hands and being an unamerican or a traitor.

Now we see Russia is currently trying to undermine Trump.

So I guess all of the people that warned me of spreading Russia propaganda for looking at Hillarys corruption will also have to stop criticizing Trump; cause that means they are being a traitor working for Russia.

If you believe anything on facebook or any other social media then you get EXACTLY what you deserve.
Now I understand why the slap chop was so popular.
Bunch of idiots.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I am glad though that you will fianlyy stop pushing these stories because you realize you are just helping russians.

There are two separate issues here that have been conflated. The first is whether Russia has used black propaganda to sow discontent and confusion in its perceived enemies. at this point even die hard Trump supporters have to admit that is a fact, even if they prefer to believe (for some ineluctable reason) Russia favored Clinton. The most pressing issue is Donald Trump's cities to be President of the United States. When the special counsel indicted Manafort for being an undeclared paid agent of a foreign government, the administration's response was: "but that was before he joined the campaign." Exactly. Why did Donald Trump vet his staff? The churn in his appointments alone suggests he lacks the judgement and management skills necessary for the office... never mind the crazy. Once Pence replaces Trump, we can get down to discussing policy instead of Trump.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

There are two separate issues here that have been conflated. The first is whether Russia has used black propaganda to sow discontent and confusion in its perceived enemies. at this point even die hard Trump supporters have to admit that is a fact, even if they prefer to believe (for some ineluctable reason) Russia favored Clinton. The most pressing issue is Donald Trump's cities to be President of the United States. When the special counsel indicted Manafort for being an undeclared paid agent of a foreign government, the administration's response was: "but that was before he joined the campaign." Exactly. Why did Donald Trump vet his staff? The churn in his appointments alone suggests he lacks the judgement and management skills necessary for the office... never mind the crazy. Once Pence replaces Trump, we can get down to discussing policy instead of Trump.

Wow look at you spreading this russian propaganda.

Didnt you read the OP?

Why are you doing the bidding of russia?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Absolutely! No one gives a fico about the dossier, but ATS was filled with threads based on Russian fake news for over a year before the election.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Absolutely! No one gives a fico about the dossier, but ATS was filled with threads based on Russian fake news for over a year before the election.

I rest my case.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

We need to deal with first things first. Trump's competence is not a matter of propaganda, and so long as he raves like a madman, this country is in grave jeopardy. Congress needs to convene a competency hearing before the mid-term elections.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I rest my case.

Please explain.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

We need to deal with first things first. Trump's competence is not a matter of propaganda, and so long as he raves like a madman, this country is in grave jeopardy. Congress needs to convene a competency hearing before the mid-term elections.

More russsian talking points.

Didnt you just say Russian facebook posts and pokemon go were more of problem than the dossier.

Yet here you go, willing pushing russian propaganda.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join