It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Papadopolous Pled Guilty to Lying to the FBI in Russia Probe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I thought the indictment said she was not related to Putin?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: fiverx313

a reply to: fiverx313

The problem with the indictment is, there's nothing showing Trump or the Campaign did anything.

keep talking, i love it

I'm so disappointed because I thought the Mueller investigations were about Trump and Russian collusion.

I’m disappointed because I thought this would of prep’d Hillarys hair and pant suit appointments for a re-election

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Oh my god, he wore a wire for three months, didn't he? I wouldn't have expected that if not for being in the profession myself...wow, so, some of this is making more sense.

Wew...

I wouldn't know who to trust if I worked in the White House. With the fact that this indictment and plea was hidden for so long coupled with the "proactive cooperation" I can only imagine how many others have gotten flipped as well. So, who's friend of the Administration and who's friend of their own future liberty?

What a precarious situation the average staffer now finds themselves in. Back stabbing and two facing will be the natural devolution of this administration based on basic human nature once doubt seeps in.

Really, would you trust anyone now?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

The Russian National is Putin's Niece.

Perfect.

Apparently not.

Another woman who Papadopolous thought was Vladimir Putin's niece was also introduced to him. She was not Vladimir Putin's niece.

Vladimir Putin was not the uncle of the woman who Papadopolous corresponded with and lied to the FBI about

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 30-10-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
who cares if this wasn't a charade half of congress would be under indictment if not all of them

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
Oh my god, he wore a wire for three months, didn't he? I wouldn't have expected that if not for being in the profession myself...wow, so, some of this is making more sense.

Wew...

I wouldn't know who to trust if I worked in the White House. With the fact that this indictment and plea was hidden for so long coupled with the "proactive cooperation" I can only imagine how many others have gotten flipped as well. So, who's friend of the Administration and who's friend of their own future liberty?

What a precarious situation the average staffer now finds themselves in. Back stabbing and two facing will be the natural devolution of this administration based on basic human nature once doubt seeps in.

Really, would you trust anyone now?

You misunderstood something he wasnt a part of the white house staff. He volunteered to work with the Trump campaign before his nomination. From the way it looks it was Manafort that decided he was useless and dropped him from the campaign. I think the meeting he went to had alot to do with that. I suspect he left the meeting mad and dismissed him. Since it seems he was evenreluctant to have the meeting according to emails.
edit on 10/30/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It looks as if young Mr. Pappdopolous was being played.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Apologies in advance, I don't normally do this.

There's a lot going on with the news dumps today, I don't have a lot of time tonight or tomorrow to really dig in and there's several threads about it all. Can somebody give me a rundown of what all happened without the spin, slant, jabs, suppositions, "told-you-so", and general BS? I'd really appreciate it.

From what I think I understand, Mr. Papa-D said he did lie about meeting some Ruskies. Was that meeting about influence or other things? Was it recent, on the campaign trail or a while back? And (if this isn't the place for it, cool, I understand) but how does Manafort play into this guy's part?

I'm woefully uninformed about all this and hope somebody can give a decent overview of it all without their feet firmly planted into one "side".

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

This is what I read this evening to bring myself up-to-date, Noncents.
www.usatoday.com...

Apparently, Papadopolous is simply a young guy, with no important Trump connection, who lied to the FBI. The big story of colluding with Russia, is the Trump dossier and Uranium One.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Now the meeting to get emails apparently never happened (to our knowledge yet), so maybe Trump or a high fficial ultimately thought better of it.

Or trump and crew found out somehow that papa was working with the fbi.
Or the meeting was going to happen but didn't because of dumb luck.

The answer to why that meeting never happened is going to be important. IMO

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.usatoday.com...

Apparently, Papadopolous is simply a young guy, with no important Trump connection, who lied to the FBI. The big story of colluding with Russia, is the Trump dossier and Uranium One.

He is not connected but it sounds like the FBI used him as a stooge. It seems that he has been getting dirt on (who knows?) for the FBI over the last few months as a deal for less jail time. And being that our government is controlled by republicans IF papa was a rat it stands to reason he is rating on republicans.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

www.usatoday.com...

He is not connected but it sounds like the FBI used him as a stooge. It seems that he has been getting dirt on (who knows?) for the FBI over the last few months as a deal for less jail time. And being that our government is controlled by republicans IF papa was a rat it stands to reason he is rating on republicans.

Problem is by thetime he was arrested he no longer with Trump. He was a volunteer during his presidential campaign but never made it to white house advisor. Probably because he was only 30 and had no foreign policy experience. This is probably why he reached out to the Russians thinking he could make himself useful. But it appears manafort shut him down seeing as contact with Russians is easyfor a president. Looks like ambition took him down.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Oh goodness, you don't really think that cooperation involves simply talking to the proper authorities, do you? To be useful, and avoid confinement, one must take risks that are thrown into one's lap. My post isn't meant to imply that he is or was a staffer, it's meant to call attention to the fact that those who are flipped tend to have coffee, lunch, or tea with others. From there, it spreads almost like a virus. Best place to spread that virus?

I've seen this done before. I just wonder how far up this goes and who got "infected".

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Thankfully I'm not part of any witch hunt to bring our president down. My mental well being is not dependent on trump being impeached. lol
But I do think we will start see a lot more republicans getting indicted just because there are more of them in government right now.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

The local and national liberal media (which is 85% of all U.S. media) are omitting the fact that Papadopoulos did NOT work in the White House, and that he was only a small player in the Trump election campaign.

Also, they're not mentioning that candidate Donald Trump turned down the invitation to meet with Russians.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

What has Papadopoulos been doing for a living...and where? I think the "wearing a wire" is a media fabrication.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

What has Papadopoulos been doing for a living...and where? I think the "wearing a wire" is a media fabrication.

This is interesting... a March 2016 article from the Washington Post that describes one of candidate Trump's foreign policy advisors, George Papadopoulos, as a busy-body, with no significant accomplishments.

Article - www.washingtonpost.com...

Even months before the election, the Mainstream Media was doing their best to downplay Trump's presidential credentials. Making Papadopoulos look like a "nobody" back then, directly conflicts with the media's attempt today, to make it seem as if he was/is an important inner-circle player.

edit on 10/31/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

Trust me visiting the white house wearing a wire is going to get you in to a serious conversation with the secret service. About the best they could get was recording a call. So that would be the white house concerns whosaid what over the phone.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Also, they're not mentioning that candidate Donald Trump turned down the invitation to meet with Russians.

Because this is key.
Trump himself is looking clean so far.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join