It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Papadopolous Pled Guilty to Lying to the FBI in Russia Probe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

a reply to: Noncents

This is what I read this evening to bring myself up-to-date, Noncents.
www.usatoday.com...

Apparently, Papadopolous is simply a young guy, with no important Trump connection, who lied to the FBI. The big story of colluding with Russia, is the Trump dossier and Uranium One.

He is not connected but it sounds like the FBI used him as a stooge. It seems that he has been getting dirt on (who knows?) for the FBI over the last few months as a deal for less jail time. And being that our government is controlled by republicans IF papa was a rat it stands to reason he is rating on republicans.

What has Papadopoulos been doing for a living...and where? I think the "wearing a wire" is a media fabrication.

This is interesting... a March 2016 article from the Washington Post that describes one of candidate Trump's foreign policy advisors, George Papadopoulos, as a busy-body, with no significant accomplishments.

Article - www.washingtonpost.com...

Even months before the election, the Mainstream Media was doing their best to downplay Trump's presidential credentials. Making Papadopoulos look like a "nobody" back then, directly conflicts with the media's attempt today, to make it seem as if he was/is an important inner-circle player.

I agree that the media is biased toward trump. But in the end all that popularity contest stuff isn't going to mater. If laws were broken hopefully the FBI goes after them. And it appears as if that is in fact what has happened. Whether or not papa was able to get the info the FBI wanted we will find out soon enough. But, the fact that papa wasn't arrested the moment he plead guilty 3 months ago just screams that he was working for the FBI in some way. I don't think he gave the FBI info on trump. I don't think he was able to get any info on trump for lots of different reasons. But IF he was a plant he would have got info on someone because they ended the whole thing and came forward. Now that I'm thinking about it, what if info from papa is what got manafort arrested??

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Also, they're not mentioning that candidate Donald Trump turned down the invitation to meet with Russians.

Because this is key.
Trump himself is looking clean so far.

only if you believe the gop story pushed in the media, what is the current lie? gates, manafort and papa never worked for trump and hillary is guilty.
lol

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Oh boy.

Former Trump Foreign Policy Adviser Pleaded Guilty in Mueller Probe

A former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, George Papadopoulos, secretly pleaded guilty as part of Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Bloomberg News' Tom Schoenberg reports.

Papadopoulos had suggested that Donald Trump meet with top Russian leaders during the campaign. He pleaded guilty to making false statements during an interview with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

ABC via Twitter

BC News‏Verified account @ABC

BREAKING: Former Trump campaign advisor George Papadopolous has pleaded guilty to making false statements to FBI agents.

10:15 AM - 30 Oct 2017

Papadopolous was described by President Trump as an "energy adviser" and "excellent guy." Now this happened back on October 5. Furthermore, CNN is reporting that he was actually arrested back in July upon returning to the US from abroad.

He's the one in the indictment listed as the other that Manafort and Gates persuaded to do so. Again...nothing relating to Trump knowing anything and all Manafort.

Either way, the indictment goes back to 2006-2014 for the meat and majority of its charges....and Trump wasn't doing any political dealings or lobbying then, but I do know some who were!

Hillary and Bill!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: cinerama

a reply to: carewemust

Also, they're not mentioning that candidate Donald Trump turned down the invitation to meet with Russians.

Because this is key.
Trump himself is looking clean so far.

only if you believe the gop story pushed in the media, what is the current lie? gates, manafort and papa never worked for trump and hillary is guilty.
lol

Nobody is saying they never worked for Trump. The only one lying here is you.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Call me a skeptic, I’m not convinced of Trump’s innocence when he surrounds himself with traitors.

I think his supporters secretly agree and now for some reason they actually support the concept of a traitor president betraying the country if he can get away with it.

Seems kinda dishonorable to me...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's a funny thing, to watch you guys get all excited about a guy who was told to pound sand by the trump campaign.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Call me a skeptic, I’m not convinced of Trump’s innocence when he surrounds himself with traitors.

I think his supporters secretly agree and now for some reason they actually support the concept of a traitor president betraying the country if he can get away with it.

Seems kinda dishonorable to me...

Lots of "evidence-free" speculation there.
With all the legal papers flying around I would have thought you would have at least a little actual evidence.
No worries, I will see you people at the weekly time on fx.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Actually it's quite the opposite. As more was coming out about clinton, podesta, uranium one, and ukraine, the swamp needed to change the narrative so they rushed this indictment out. Mueller is now holding on to several sealed indictments (believed to be FARA indictments) to use when the narrative shifts against the swamp.

So if he's holding indictments back, why was this one rushed, you may ask? Simple, FARA indictments against B-list players wouldn't hold the narrative, much less blunt the trauma being caused by the uranium one scandal and the pissgate dossier debacle. The indictments he's holding back are going to be used to ensure the media has their narrative for the coming weeks.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Gryphon66

Actually it's quite the opposite. As more was coming out about clinton, podesta, uranium one, and ukraine, the swamp needed to change the narrative so they rushed this indictment out. Mueller is now holding on to several sealed indictments (believed to be FARA indictments) to use when the narrative shifts against the swamp.

So if he's holding indictments back, why was this one rushed, you may ask? Simple, FARA indictments against B-list players wouldn't hold the narrative, much less blunt the trauma being caused by the uranium one scandal and the pissgate dossier debacle. The indictments he's holding back are going to be used to ensure the media has their narrative for the coming weeks.

Why hold anything back if the end game was to get Trump out of office. So you are saying the narrative has changed to Democrats using blackmail to stay out of jail?

If the democrats are guilt free, no reason to hold back if they have anything on trump.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
? a reply to: theantediluvianI AM CONFUSED WAS HE UNDER OATH WHEN THEY TOOK HIS STATEMENT.
if not then how are they charging him with a crime?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I honestly hope we see real justice here because right now- Republicans, right wing media and Trump Supporters everywhere are trying to cover-up something criminal that they have no interest in knowing about. They would silence this investigation and support a traitor.

It’s hard not to view Trump as an enemy of the state right now. This is a serious and dangerous situation and Republicans are choosing to be complicit.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Noncents

This is what I read this evening to bring myself up-to-date, Noncents.
www.usatoday.com...

Apparently, Papadopolous is simply a young guy, with no important Trump connection, who lied to the FBI. The big story of colluding with Russia, is the Trump dossier and Uranium One.

He is not connected but it sounds like the FBI used him as a stooge. It seems that he has been getting dirt on (who knows?) for the FBI over the last few months as a deal for less jail time. And being that our government is controlled by republicans IF papa was a rat it stands to reason he is rating on republicans.

What has Papadopoulos been doing for a living...and where? I think the "wearing a wire" is a media fabrication.

This is interesting... a March 2016 article from the Washington Post that describes one of candidate Trump's foreign policy advisors, George Papadopoulos, as a busy-body, with no significant accomplishments.

It's difficult to list "colluding with Russian Government" on a resume.

Trump bragged about Papdopoulus differently at the time.
“an energy and oil consultant, excellent guy.”
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

lol
who is trying to cover what up?
Manafort and Gates were indicted for money laundering that happened well before trump was a candidate.
Paupadaupolis(sp) pleaded guilty to lying to the fbi.

Who is trying to cover that up?

How do manafort and gates laundering money make trump an enemy of the state?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Are you on any medications?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I honestly hope we see real justice here because right now- Republicans, right wing media and Trump Supporters everywhere are trying to cover-up something criminal that they have no interest in knowing about. They would silence this investigation and support a traitor.

It’s hard not to view Trump as an enemy of the state right now. This is a serious and dangerous situation and Republicans are choosing to be complicit.

I hope we do too! Just not how you think.

To act like someone who has been in politics all of 10 months has the capability to defraud the entire US populace and government is insane. Let's look at how business works and corruption in general. Who is it that is typically responsible for most corrupt behavior in a large business? Certainly not a new employee, nor someone unfamiliar with the business and how it's run. It's simple really...when you look at it from a simple stance and 10000 feet.

The dems are going to take a BIG hit from this....people can continue to cry wolf, but this far the indictments and relations all lead to dems....the largest and most prominent undeniable ones being the Podestas at this point....dots have been connected and it's getting real.

Tony Podesta didn't just step down from his massive lobbying company and all that power because he wasn't guilty...he knows what's coming.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Again the deflection— requires ignoring everything we’ve learned and everything being reported. Please stop this deflection. Please stop trying to cover up this disgraceful criminal admin.

The writing is all over the wall. Trump’s reactions and Republican support for shutting down this serious investigation adds to the guilt.

They did it. Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia. It’s now down to technicalities if it can be proven— but there is enough there to see that’s what happened. It’s time to stop supporting this traitor Trump.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Again the deflection— requires ignoring everything we’ve learned and everything being reported. Please stop this deflection. Please stop trying to cover up this disgraceful criminal admin.

The writing is all over the wall. Trump’s reactions and Republican support for shutting down this serious investigation adds to the guilt.

They did it. Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia. It’s now down to technicalities if it can be proven— but there is enough there to see that’s what happened. It’s time to stop supporting this traitor Trump.

The disgraceful admin was Obama's - sending Winston Churchill back to England? wow... just wow...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak

The disgraceful admin was Obama's

That's really dumb. It's mind boggling how Republicans will support treason for what? For party? For hate against democrats? So the whole system is wrong, the FBI, the NSA, the CIA, all the media, it's all wrong, and Trump, the accused surrounded by foreign agents is the good guy? Wake the f*ck up.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

Yeah. He likely DID wear a wire.

The language used to describe his..."assistance" sounds to professionals like he DID.
edit on 31-10-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak

The disgraceful admin was Obama's

That's really dumb. It's mind boggling how Republicans will support treason for what? For party? For hate against democrats? So the whole system is wrong, the FBI, the NSA, the CIA, all the media, it's all wrong, and Trump, the accused surrounded by foreign agents is the good guy? Wake the f*ck up.

No it's not all wrong - it's only you that's wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join