It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Grambler

Yes I think Russia is being quite successful. Look at the division in the US, factor in Brexit and now Catalonia. Look at the division in Germany, France, Sweden... all over Europe. The right and left can't discuss anything. The right wing is living in an alternate reality thanks to right wing social media and news and a lot of that is stemming from Russia.

But you are attributing this all to Russia and I think that is absurd.

Brexit? Catalonia? You really think people are being whipped into a frenzy by russia over those issues?

Then I suppose we have to believe the reports that BLM and the dakota pipeline people are also playing in to russias hands.

Or....

People actually have grievances that they truely believe that has nothing to do with russian infleunce.

With Brexit, yes. There was quite a lot of dark money sloshing around, paying for pro-Brexit propaganda, much of which appears to have come from dodgy Russians.

There's enough of a stink that it at least deserves to be considered as a genuine possibility.

But, totally OT.

link   

originally posted by: abago71
12 counts including Conspiracy against the US and money laundering.

Here's a link

errr where is the break down of the charges, did you post the wrong link?

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I've just heard this on FOX...

FBI: Paul Manafort & Richard Gates have been indicted by a federal grand jury (dated October 27th), the indictment contains 12 counts:

1. Conspiracy against the United States.
2. Conspiracy to launder money
3. Unregistered agent of a foreign principle.
4. False & misleading FARA statements.
5. False statements regarding transactions on foreign financial accounts (requires verification)

edit on 30/10/2017 by Sublimecraft because: bbcode

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Yeah, but it's a bit ridiculous to dismiss everyone who doesn't agree with you as being mysteriously brainwashed by Russians.

Oh, I know I'm right, but that dude over there who disagrees with me? He would ... except RUSSIAN!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
12 counts including Conspiracy against the US and money laundering.

Here's a link

So, this is just an opinion from their reporter(s) in D.C.? I don't see anything in that link that has actual proof of that claim.

I'll have to wait until the actual indictment is released, but it wouldn't surprise me, as that seems to be the way that all of the breadcrumbs of info are leaning. But, again...wait and see, as this is too important to flippantly assume on my end.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Sorry. I posted the wrong link.

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Charge three looks pretty dam serious.

A unregistered Russian agent being in charge of the new Presidents election campaign.....

That would be my read of that.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I've just heard this on FOX...

FBI: Paul Manafort & Richard Gates have been indicted by a federal grand jury (dated October 27th), the indictment contains 12 counts:

1. Conspiracy against the United States.
2. Conspiracy to launder money
3. Unregistered agent of a foreign principle.
4. False & misleading FARA statements.
5. False statements regarding transactions on foreign financial accounts (requires verification)

Also fox on TV saying the charges are from before he was on the Trump campagin.

Right wing guy saying no big deal, left wing lady saying this is damning for trump.

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well, then perhaps Mueller is digging in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Can't wait to see how they try to spin this into Trump. Looks like this has to do with shady business deals Manafort did years ago.

The poor #resistance, one disappointment after another.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
BBC just said one of the charges is "Conspiracy against the United States".

Again alarm bells should be ringing when we are talking about a guy who was in charge of the now Presidents election campaign for 3 months.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

A unregistered Russian agent being in charge of the new Presidents election campaign.....

Perhaps.

But especially if this is from 2012, remember, at the time that Mueller thinks Manafort was an unreguistered russian agent, he was working with the OPodesta group to influence Hillary.

So I guess we will see.

But if the accusations are true, the fact this guy was connected to both parties shows just how slimy Washington really is.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Full text of indictment at Newsweek?

I hate their page layout (it appears like a mobile site on my desktop screen), so I'm going to look for a better source, but in case anyone wants to look through that link...

Here, from the justice.gov. (I guess I could have clicked the link in the Newsweek article...)
edit on 30-10-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Perhaps.

But especially if this is from 2012, remember, at the time that Mueller thinks Manafort was an unreguistered russian agent, he was working with the OPodesta group to influence Hillary.

So I guess we will see.

But if the accusations are true, the fact this guy was connected to both parties shows just how slimy Washington really is.

Yep, this will be a case where you can't show outrage at one side without showing outrage at the other side, unless you're a hypocrite.

We're likely to see a lot of hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

BBC just said one of the charges is "Conspiracy against the United States".

Again alarm bells should be ringing when we are talking about a guy who was in charge of the now Presidents election campaign for 3 months.

Depends on when that was.

If the crimes and conspiracy were around the time of the money laundering, then Trump is not implicated as it was well before the election and campaign.

We simply don't know enough yet.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The problem is that the right wing does believe lots of false stories and narratives about groups such as BLM, made up crimes by Muslim immigrants all over Europe, Mexican immigrants in the US. Xenophobia is being groomed into hatred to the point alliances are falling apart.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think this is the actual indictment.

www.justice.gov...

link   
Fact is that Manafort did things he shouldn't have at some point. He's likely not alone in DC. We all know this and people on all sides engage in dirty tricks. We also all know this.

The question is whom was he working with at the time the crimes were committed and how many knew he was engaged in dirty tricks? Were they complicit in helping him and how many will or should go down with him?

link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
I hate the numerous spelling and grammar mistakes. I can't believe they posted that.

MANAFORT and GATES geneated tens of millions of dollars

MANAFORT and GATES funnuled millions of dollars

SMH.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join