It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Arnie123
Whelp, all the liberal moaning and screeching, this is the result, the best, that has come of this mueller investigation?

lmfao, um okay.

How's that popcorn? stale?

You do realise that this is just the first of what could be a long list of persons who are facing criminal charges over this.

The investigation does not now suddenly stop.

This is just the first salvo.
Nope.
After all this time, months, with several factions calling for his resignation and millions being spent, soley on the basis of russian collusion and the best they got was tax fraud, yeah not going to last much longer.

It is what it is.

Gonna spend that time and money again, they will focus on real collusion, like Hillarys team.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If it removes Manafort and maybe hits the Podestas, it will be a step in the right direction.

The reason I say it might touch the Podestas is that serious stuff has been pulled out into the public eye sort of like with Hollywood, and they need to offer up a larger sacrifice, but it won't be a name. Manafort and the Podestas serve. They're big, but they're not necessarily names, not to the general public.

link   

a reply to: Grambler

So get your popcorn ready, we could see hundreds of people from both sides going down for tax fraud like charges.

Would be kind of ironic if this is how Trump "drained the swap"

Just by dragging all the other swamp creatures down with him.

Hey I am fine with that, even if he goes down too.

I want to see an end to all of the corruption, regardless of political parties.

However, if tax evasion is all they got on people, thats pretty weak.

Dont get me wrong, a crimes a crime, and they should be held accountable for it, but hardly anything that we didnt assume was going on with just about every DC lobbyist.

Would be great to see all of these lobbyist breaking the law getting their comeuppance though.

Maybe elected official could go back to..... Representing the people!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a
Politicians have been covering their asses for a long time. They've gotten very good at it.
I just wouldn't want to be the one that ends up thrown under the bus.

I don't think any of them will. Their subordinates and surrogates take the fall.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Kali74

Like I said, we're discovering thanks to the new Red Scare that just about everyone in DC has Russian ties now.

"The Red Scare" is totally justified. Russia is systematically tearing the West apart. That doesn't necessarily mean anyone is deliberately working with Russia. To me though it means we need to figure out how to get them out of our business.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Grambler
Now again, I am open to there could be more charges, and Trump and co could potnetially be guilty.

I don't think anyone of importance in either party is going to get arrested, let alone convicted.

I wish it were not the case, politicians doing the perp walk would be awesome, but I don't see it happening.

Agreed.

At least the evidence coming out in public may wake up even more people to just how corrupt both sides are.

That would be a small victory.

link   

If it removes Manafort and maybe hits the Podestas, it will be a step in the right direction.

Podesta is still small compared to the other names in the equation; Trump, Clinton, Obama.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Will the now make the actual charges public.

I am just wondering if we can expect some kind of press conference at some point to give more information?

link   

Stop being afraid of them?

The more afraid of them you are, the more suspicious you are. It promotes division on the insides which is what they want. It's working quite well for them too.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If Gates is being indicted, then this predates Manaforts involvement with Trump.
They were involved with Podesta back in 2012.

Yes but gates also worked on Trump campaign.

So again by know means does this mean Trump may not be involved, or that he is involved.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Certainly not anyone in politics, banking, housing etc etc.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yep.

It's only people who pay attention who know how big the Podestas actually are.

link   

Agreed.

At least the evidence coming out in public may wake up even more people to just how corrupt both sides are.

That would be a small victory.

You're a sharp guy, and I don't underestimate the bulk of the public either, but if anyone didn't know how corrupt both sides were already they must be have been living in the Hollow Earth.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

If Gates is being indicted, then this predates Manaforts involvement with Trump.

Very true.

I guess it could be possible though that there could be multiple charges.

No, stick to your guns!

Dont conceede that easily.

Gates worked on Trump campaign!

Just because he was charged too and has worked with Manafort for a long time, it doesnt prove Trump can't be involved.

Again, I dont think it proves trump is either.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Yep.

It's only people who pay attention who know how big the Podestas actually are.

Let's just say one or both gets lassoed, then what? They can claim anything they want but without some sort of hard proof, which I don't think anyone is stupid enough to leave, they will never nab anyone else, it becomes he said she said.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yes but gates also worked on Trump campaign.

So again by know means does this mean Trump may not be involved, or that he is involved.

I was using the rumor from yesterday that the charges stem from 2012.
Of course, until we actually hear something real abput the indictment, we are operating on rumors.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It's pretty much exactly what we thought then, Manafort, probably on something relating to tax, in an attempt to get some of the lower down people to flip and spill what the higher ups knew.

Opening salvo. This will run for years yet.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

It is true though.

Its possible this could be about events back in 2012.

Personally I think its unlikely given the nature of the investigation and the circumstances around it but it is possible.

I would be remised if I did not at least acknowledge that possibility.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Will the now make the actual charges public.

I am just wondering if we can expect some kind of press conference at some point to give more information?

Remember, the charges are tax fraud.

Considering how far back in time they were delving, there is every chance they're catching fish on the strength of something that happened long before this campaign season.

We won't know for sure until we have more information, but it's a mistake to assume based solely on name association that because it's Manafort and Gates that it automatically offers proof of original concept. We don't know yet.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

It is true though.

Its possible this could be about events back in 2012.

Personally I think its unlikely given the nature of the investigation and the circumstances around it but it is possible.

I would be remised if I did not at least acknowledge that possibility.

Could be they want to get him on the tax fraud stuff then use that to pressure him into catching some bigger fish.

Right now its to early I think to say, thats why I was asking if any knows when we might expect to hear details of the charges.
edit on 30-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join