It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Personally I think its unlikely given the nature of the investigation and the circumstances around it but it is possible.

It's very possible and there is a proven record of people being investigated for one potential crime only to be indicted on another wholly unrelated one.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Whelp, all the liberal moaning and screeching, this is the result, the best, that has come of this mueller investigation?

lmfao, um okay.

How's that popcorn? stale?

You do realise that this is just the first of what could be a long list of persons who are facing criminal charges over this.

The investigation does not now suddenly stop.

This is just the first salvo.

If this is really nothing more than financial crimes from years ago, then I'm inclined to believe that Mueller has realized that Russian collusion is a dead end, and he needs to settle for whatever charges he can get now.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Kali74

Like I said, we're discovering thanks to the new Red Scare that just about everyone in DC has Russian ties now.

"The Red Scare" is totally justified. Russia is systematically tearing the West apart. That doesn't necessarily mean anyone is deliberately working with Russia. To me though it means we need to figure out how to get them out of our business.

Well I agree with this, except I think it may be over exaggerated.

I agree russia is trying to cause division, and I agree we should weed them out.

But do really think they are tearing the west apart? The US is at odds over russia now, but thats just because of the investigation.

I bet if we targeted china for influence on the US, or Israel or thee EU, we would see that the situation with them is very similar.

The US is basically the top dog. Pretty much everyone is going to try to curry influence, use espionage, etc. against the US.

Our cyber security and counter espionage seem to be pathetic and need revamped on all fronts, against all sources.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd just like to remove some of the bigger turds from the bowl.

The Podestas are some of the bigger behind the scenes movers out there.

More will rise to the top, of course, but that's the nature of DC.

link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Indeed.

If tax fraud is the best this investigation has, it doesn't promote much confidence.

link   

Stop being afraid of them?

The more afraid of them you are, the more suspicious you are. It promotes division on the insides which is what they want. It's working quite well for them too.

It's not fear... it's frustration at the lack of concern.

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Whelp, all the liberal moaning and screeching, this is the result, the best, that has come of this mueller investigation?

lmfao, um okay.

You do realise that this is just the first of what could be a long list of persons who are facing criminal charges over this.

If this is really nothing more than financial crimes from years ago, then I'm inclined to believe that Mueller has realized that Russian collusion is a dead end, and he needs to settle for whatever charges he can get now.

They're going after low-hanging fruit in the hopes that Manafort will spill the beans on bigger targets.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

lmfao, um okay.

I've come to the same conclusion. Eventually the BS is going to stop and we can once again move forward.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Mr. Trump fired Mr. Manafort just months later date hiring him as campaign manager, after reports that he received more than $12 million in undisclosed payments from Viktor F. Yanukovych, the former Ukrainian president and a pro-Russia politician. Mr. Manafort spent years as a political consultant for Mr. Yanukovych.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Grambler
Agreed.

At least the evidence coming out in public may wake up even more people to just how corrupt both sides are.

That would be a small victory.

You're a sharp guy, and I don't underestimate the bulk of the public either, but if anyone didn't know how corrupt both sides were already they must be have been living in the Hollow Earth.

Well its like Hollywood; everyone knew of the "casting couch" culture. But it wasnt until it was thrown in their face that people were concerned with it.

But there is a 99% chance this will change nothing.

After all; the new movie/album/tv show/videogame/McRib sandwich is about to come out!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The bigger turds, the party heads and luminaries, are the ones that need removing but I doubt they will be arrested, forget about seeing the inside of the courtroom.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

lmfao, um okay.

They're going after low-hanging fruit in the hopes that Manafort will spill the beans on bigger targets.

Yeah thats what I could see happening.

Squeeze him for more information on bigger players.

link   

After all; the new movie/album/tv show/videogame/McRib sandwich is about to come out!

Chili's changed their theme song but not really.

link   

I'd like to know more about this Rick Gates and his involvement with the Podestas.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You forgot the shamrock shake, and I don't mean the ATS'er.

When this doesn't stick to Trump, everyone will move on.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

lmfao, um okay.

Oh, I've got plenty cooking thanks.

Why don't you wait and see what the charges are before pronouncing your oh-so-authoritative perspective.

link   

Stop being afraid of them?

The more afraid of them you are, the more suspicious you are. It promotes division on the insides which is what they want. It's working quite well for them too.

It's not fear... it's frustration at the lack of concern.

I'm confused by the whiplash. For eight years, Russia wasn't our enemy, but now, all of a sudden, it is.

Russia, properly, should be a our frenemy. We have some common interests we could work together on while still holding each other at arms length most of the time. But they certainly aren't the Soviet Russians anymore. They're something else.

link   

Like I said, we're discovering thanks to the new Red Scare that just about everyone in DC has Russian ties now.

"The Red Scare" is totally justified. Russia is systematically tearing the West apart. That doesn't necessarily mean anyone is deliberately working with Russia. To me though it means we need to figure out how to get them out of our business.

Lets say for the sake of argument that russia is actively working to bring down the west, their economy sucks,their military str is regional based, does it not make more sense that they hint at wrong doings and let people freak and over react to them wasting time, man hours and resources, rather than spending what little precious resources they have on something as insignificant as the presidential election.

Since congress has all the power, and the president is by and large a figure head in this day and age.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: butcherguy

If Gates is being indicted, then this predates Manaforts involvement with Trump.
They were involved with Podesta back in 2012.

Yes but gates also worked on Trump campaign.

So again by know means does this mean Trump may not be involved, or that he is involved.

I was using the rumor from yesterday that the charges stem from 2012.
Of course, until we actually hear something real abput the indictment, we are operating on rumors.

Well yes, if the chaarges are from 2012, this certainly predates Trump, and actually is more harmful to the oidestas.

BUT..., as I am sure you agree, just because manafort was working with the podestas in 2012 it doesnt mean they are guilty.

And just because it was from 2012 doesn't mean Trump wont eventually be connected.

Or it could drag down the podestas, and do nothing to trump or the rest of his team.

Like I said yesterday, this shows nothing reaally.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The bigger turds, the party heads and luminaries, are the ones that need removing but I doubt they will be arrested, forget about seeing the inside of the courtroom.

The only way that happens is for the government to collapse or for the people to physically remove them.

I'm not sure I'm keen on either because what would replace it worries me. The odds of it being a proper system and not an authoritarian one are extremely low if history is any judge.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join