It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

My Republican friends were telling me Hillary was going to be arrested today. What happened?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Grambler

The problem is that the right wing does believe lots of false stories and narratives about groups such as BLM, made up crimes by Muslim immigrants all over Europe, Mexican immigrants in the US. Xenophobia is being groomed into hatred to the point alliances are falling apart.

The kind of people you're talking about are few and far between. Don't believe everything you hear in the media.

link   
IF Manafort has any dirt on Trump, this will be the time for him to tell all because the FBI will give him a deal if he tells.

Then again, if Manafort has dirt on ANYONE, this will be the time that he tells also.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
BBC just said one of the charges is "Conspiracy against the United States".

Again alarm bells should be ringing when we are talking about a guy who was in charge of the now Presidents election campaign for 3 months.

Obviously, the liberal media is just showing bias.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I think this is the actual indictment.

www.justice.gov...

Wow, that was fast.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Democrats like Manafort are why this country is so messed up. Democrats like Manafort are a real problem.

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I've just heard this on FOX...

FBI: Paul Manafort & Richard Gates have been indicted by a federal grand jury (dated October 27th), the indictment contains 12 counts:

1. Conspiracy against the United States.
2. Conspiracy to launder money
3. Unregistered agent of a foreign principle.
4. False & misleading FARA statements.
5. False statements regarding transactions on foreign financial accounts (requires verification)

the charges are from before he was on the Trump campaign.

If so, this will prove to be remarkably relevant information during ATS discussions moving forward.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

FBI: Paul Manafort & Richard Gates have been indicted by a federal grand jury (dated October 27th), the indictment contains 12 counts:

5. False statements regarding transactions on foreign financial accounts (requires verification)

Most likely due to his representation of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych.

link   
Mueller is following the trail which might lead right to Trump. Even if he doesn't get Trump, Trump's chances for re-election are gone.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
IF Manafort has any dirt on Trump, this will be the time for him to tell all because the FBI will give him a deal if he tells.

Then again, if Manafort has dirt on ANYONE, this will be the time that he tells also.

Depends on how long a reach the bigger fish have.

If you can threaten the movers in the Deep State and it's the Deep State that has to protect you, how loud do you squeal? No one wants to fall down an elevator shaft ... onto some bullets.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
BBC just said one of the charges is "Conspiracy against the United States".

Again alarm bells should be ringing when we are talking about a guy who was in charge of the now Presidents election campaign for 3 months.

Obviously, the liberal media is just showing bias.

What the hell is "Conspiracy against the United States"? That sounds like something a despot would make up to charge his opponent with.

From what I've heard, the alleged offenses stem from ~2006 - 2015. Which is before the campaign.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Fact is that Manafort did things he shouldn't have at some point. He's likely not alone in DC. We all know this and people on all sides engage in dirty tricks. We also all know this.

This is the thing with these special prosecutors. Once it starts, they pretty much have to keep going until they find something, otherwise it'll get blasted as a huge waste of taxpayer money. And let's be honest, if the FBI crawls up anyone's ass for 10 months, they'll find something. If you or I got investigated for 10 months they'd probably find something, even if it's minor nonsense. There's 10s of thousands of laws, we're all probably breaking at least one.

Edit: This isn't to say the charges against Manafort aren't serious, they very much are. That wasn't my point.
edit on 30 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Painterz

Yeah, but it's a bit ridiculous to dismiss everyone who doesn't agree with you as being mysteriously brainwashed by Russians.

Oh, I know I'm right, but that dude over there who disagrees with me? He would ... except RUSSIAN!

I see your point, yes.

But that's not what I'm saying. If Russian money was used to make Brexit happen, then it contributed, it wasn't the be-all and end-all. But it contributed.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Mueller is following the trail which might lead right to Trump. Even if he doesn't get Trump, Trump's chances for re-election are gone.

I would like to think so too.

But looked what happened the last time trump was underestimated

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: DBCowboy

Democrats like Manafort are why this country is so messed up. Democrats like Manafort are a real problem.

This issue has been needlessly partisan.

I just hope the corrupt people in DC get caught, are punished.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

That's not what I said.

link   

the charges are from before he was on the Trump campaign.

If so, this will prove to be remarkably relevant information during ATS discussions moving forward.

It will be completely ignored by the folks who were salivating all weekend. It must be something to do with Trump, they need it too badly emotionally to accept other information.

link   

link   
Just updated the title to reflected that he has been charged.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join