It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just hope the corrupt people in DC get caught, are punished.

Henry Hill: "You really are a funny guy!"

link   
Wow so the charge has nothing to do with russian collusion? The special counsel was set up specifically to investigate russian collusion but theyre messing around with easy bs tax fraud ...
He could have passed this along to the FBI but no...

He obviously isnt finding ANYTHING to use against the new admin.
edit on 30-10-2017 by JakeR777 because: added line

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

IF Manafort has any dirt on Trump, this will be the time for him to tell all because the FBI will give him a deal if he tells.

Then again, if Manafort has dirt on ANYONE, this will be the time that he tells also.

Depends on how long a reach the bigger fish have.

If you can threaten the movers in the Deep State and it's the Deep State that has to protect you, how loud do you squeal? No one wants to fall down an elevator shaft ... onto some bullets.

I am so sick of the evil, corrupt people in DC.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

edit on 30-10-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I have two wishes for this Christmas.

One, seeing the guilty punished and two, actually seeing my feet.

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I've just heard this on FOX...

FBI: Paul Manafort & Richard Gates have been indicted by a federal grand jury (dated October 27th), the indictment contains 12 counts:

1. Conspiracy against the United States.
2. Conspiracy to launder money
3. Unregistered agent of a foreign principle.
4. False & misleading FARA statements.
5. False statements regarding transactions on foreign financial accounts (requires verification)

the charges are from before he was on the Trump campaign.

If so, this will prove to be remarkably relevant information during ATS discussions moving forward.

99% positive this goes back to his dealings in 2012 and has nothing to do with Trump at all.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I think this is the actual indictment.

www.justice.gov...

Hmmm.

Number 20 of the indictment and on.

Manafort approached two companies in 2012, and asked the to lobby for pro russian ukranian forces which is part of the charges for.

Now which companies could that have been?

The European Centre for a Modern Ukraine was formed in 2012 by three senior members of the Party of Regions, a pro-Russia party led by President Viktor Yanukovych and advised by Manafort.
At the time, Ukraine's government faced rebuke by the Obama administration and Congress for jailing political opponents.

The center, based in Brussels, said its mission was to strengthen Ukraine's relations with the West.

The Podesta Group said in the 2012 lobbying disclosures that the center "provides information about Ukraine to governments, business and other interested parties." Podesta lobbyists were working on "issues pertaining to relations between Ukraine and the United States."

www.cnn.com...

From earlier in the document.

One of Washington's most powerful lobbying firms did not disclose the wide extent of its lucrative political work for a Ukrainian group tied to both onetime Trump adviser Paul Manafort and to pro-Russian politicians, new records show.
The firm, the Podesta Group, said nothing in a 2012 lobbying report to Congress about at least 32 meetings, emails and other communications it had with the State Department, at a time when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was scrutinizing Ukraine's upcoming election, records show.

Uh oh.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I've seen your posts, you only get one of those.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

While both of those are miracle-level odds I would wager my soul, if I still had one, on the latter being the more likely occurrence.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

Yes, lets see what Takei and others say when they find out that it is very liekely that the Podesta group was involved on these very crimes, and also didnt register as a foreing agent.

If I was on the left, I would hold off on cheering just yet.

Unless you are on the left and, like me, want all the corruption outed.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

www.law.cornell.edu...

Ah, so, it's Conspiracy to Defraud the United States. Another financial charge. Why am I not surprised that the Left is trying to spin that into the Russian Collusion narrative?

The big charge appears to be money laundering. And it all stems from Manafort's time representing the Ukrainian government.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Well, it sounds way more ominous without the fraud part.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
12 counts including Conspiracy against the US and money laundering.

Here's a link

If this is what the rumors have it as, the left will not quiet down... because the money laundering is connected to Russia.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Grambler

The problem is that the right wing does believe lots of false stories and narratives about groups such as BLM, made up crimes by Muslim immigrants all over Europe, Mexican immigrants in the US. Xenophobia is being groomed into hatred to the point alliances are falling apart.

The kind of people you're talking about are few and far between. Don't believe everything you hear in the media.

No they're not few and far between. I have a lot of free time on my hands.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

And? Still ignoring when Obama sent his crack campaign over to Israel to try to swing the election against Netenyahu? It's not like Russia is the only country that meddles in foreign elections. Or is it only a bad thing when some other country does it to us?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"Nothingburger, Witch Hunt" Guess not, charges of conspiracy against the United States, is not a "Nothingburger" Go ahead defend trumps team now. There will be more too.!!! Hey alt right, kept my mouth shut for months now, TOLD YOU SO!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Do i get this right ... US Democrats were hoping to finally turn up some evidence for collusion and instead Mueller guy handed down an indictment for tax Evasion... from before Trump was even a candiate... and with many juciy links to democrate interest groups?

Great show, keep it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

And? Still ignoring when Obama sent his crack campaign over to Israel to try to swing the election against Netenyahu? It's not like Russia is the only country that meddles in foreign elections. Or is it only a bad thing when some other country does it to us?

It's only bad/illegal when it's not leftists doing it.

(You need to keep up!)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

And? Still ignoring when Obama sent his crack campaign over to Israel to try to swing the election against Netenyahu? It's not like Russia is the only country that meddles in foreign elections. Or is it only a bad thing when some other country does it to us?[/quote

Just stop this is not about OBAMA, And if it were how many times did trump LIE to the American people about Obama not being legal, or legit president.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: Grambler

The problem is that the right wing does believe lots of false stories and narratives about groups such as BLM, made up crimes by Muslim immigrants all over Europe, Mexican immigrants in the US. Xenophobia is being groomed into hatred to the point alliances are falling apart.

The kind of people you're talking about are few and far between. Don't believe everything you hear in the media.

No they're not few and far between. I have a lot of free time on my hands.

Yeah, they actually are. Use your free time more wisely.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join