It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The boss always has some input, even if it's just to affirm that the underlings are proceeding how he/she would like them to. But yes, none of that is evidence something corrupt happened, that's why I'll be interested to see what comes out of the Congressional investigation.

For the record, if I were her, having been subject to the same federal ethics laws, I would have told them to axe that deal the first time I was briefed on it. That's what she should have done. Before she took that position she promised she'd go out of her way to make sure nothing even appeared to be a conflict of interest between her position as SecState and the foundation. Clearly, her word on that didn't mean squat. Whether it was criminal or not, we'll see.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This is what I have been saying for days. Thats why there needs to be an investigation.

You were against that, because I was just a right wing nut.

I was not against it.

What I said is that an investigation is not warranted based on your false equivalencies, conjecture and outright nonsensical assertions.

That is why ask for more solid info. If that can be provided, I'd be on board.

But as it is, it seems to be nothing more than a loosely-connected conspiracy devoid of a lot of key information.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The boss always has some input, even if it's just to affirm that the underlings are proceeding how he/she would like them to. But yes, none of that is evidence something corrupt happened, that's why I'll be interested to see what comes out of the Congressional investigation.

Exactly. None of that is evidence something corrupt happened.

If it's part of an investigation, I'll be glad to see what comes of it.

But I would not be surprised to see nothing come of it, considering the FBI was keeping an eye on the company well before the deal came about.

edit on 30-10-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

As far as her not knowing, having worked in the Defense Department, I can tell you that anything that is delegated down for underlings to handle, the top official (Clinton) who is ultimately responsible for it still knows about it and is briefed on it when it's initially brought up and then is briefed on the progress of it on a regular basis, probably at a weekly staff meeting. And yes, I know the Defense Department isn't the State Department, but all the big government agencies run like this. Clinton would have had to have known about this well before it was finalized, even if it was handled at a lower level. That's just the nature of how these agencies run.

Sure, but that does not mean she was pushing people to vote a certain way, as is being posited.

That is why we need a lot more evidence than just a few internet conspiracy buffs saying "well, it could of happened".

They worked for her in the foundation.

She was their boss outside the govt!

Of course they would do as she wants. Especially when she mentions poor Seth Rich.

Why would obama appoint them in the first place?

He had to know they were involved with her and her foundation.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Seth Rich?

Jesus...I thought you guys grew out of that one.

Anyway, prove any wrongdoing please.

What you just posted is not prove of anything of the sort.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GD21D

originally posted by: Konduit
Food for thought;

If the FBI knew that Manafort was a Ukrainian money launderer in 2014... why didn't they tell Trump?

But but but...... Why didn't the FBI warn Trump that his campaign manager ( a guy who been apart of multiple scandals for decades) has been under criminal investigation since at least 2014?

Always somebody elses' fault.... Am I right? Never any accountability in Trumpland. At least when it comes to Trump...

The good news is that Manifort is a perfect candidate to fall on the sword for Trump. This way you guys can continue to live in a fantasy unimpeded.

It's becoming clear that this spell won't be broken, and you'll ride the ship to the bottom of the sea if need be.

Cult like..... Very cult like..

Whoa. Relax, drink a soda. I know the TDS must be coming on strong this time of year.

Are you saying that Trump would have still allowed Manafort to join his team if he knew what the intelligence agencies have apparently known since at least 2013?

I don't consider this as Manafort falling on his sword for anyone, he's more like the bottom of a totem pole of corrupt officials and dirty dealings involving lobbyists like the Podesta Group stretching all the way back to 2006.

Let's see what happens when he starts to spill the beans. I hear Tony has already resigned and lawyered up.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

This is what I have been saying for days. Thats why there needs to be an investigation.

You were against that, because I was just a right wing nut.

I was not against it.

What I said is that an investigation is not warranted based on your false equivalencies, conjecture and outright nonsensical assertions.

That is why ask for more solid info. If that can be provided, I'd be on board.

But as it is, it seems to be nothing more than a loosely-connected conspiracy devoid of a lot of key information.

And there you have it, despite everything outlined, you still dont even think that is enough for an investigation.

Unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

And there you have it, despite everything outlined, you still dont even think that is enough for an investigation.

Unbelievable.

Based on the garbage threads and illogical assertions you have made?

Of course I don't think there should be an investigation.

If you could actually bring facts to the table that do not require you to distort, take out-of-context and outright lie, I'm all ears.

Do you really expect an intelligent person to knee-jerk and call for an investigation based on the junk logic you have heaped upon us?

edit on 30-10-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2017 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
He starts out denying any collusion between anyone in his campaign and now..... Manafort, his campaign manager is about to be charged in a investigation into Russian interference in the last presidential election.

Could you actually post evidence that the charges are because "of Russian interference in the last Presidential election"?... Because what I have read is that he is being charged for conspiracy and money laundering... BTW, a charge of conspiracy doesn't have to do in specific with "Russian interference in the last Presidential election"... You are obviously reaching and trying to use this as if it was proof against President Trump...

It is also obvious that Mueller, and his DNC associates are also trying to use anything and everything to go after President Trump. They were supposed to find evidence of "Russians affecting the Presidential elections", yet what they come up with is completely unrelated to "Russians meddling with our elections"...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Whoa. Relax, drink a soda. I know the TDS must be coming on strong this time of year.

Meh..... Childish

Are you saying that Trump would have still allowed Manafort to join his team if he knew what the intelligence agencies have apparently known since at least 2013?

Are you saying nobody else had any inkling into Maniforts shady dealing besides the IA's? Isn't that what vetting is for? Especially for presidential campaigns, no?

Remember the Obama Admin warning the Trump team about Flynn? Sounds like it wouldn't have mattered what anyone told them regardless.

I don't consider this as Manafort falling on his sword for anyone, he's more like the bottom of a totem pole of corrupt officials and dirty dealings involving lobbyists like the Podesta Group stretching all the way back to 2006.

Yep, if strong evidence is uncovered of wrongdoing then indict them. I don't care who it is.

Let's see what happens when he starts to spill the beans. I hear Tony has already resigned and is lawyering up as we speak. Fun times.

Will you be saying the same if more Trump lackey's are implicated when he spills the proverbial beans? Hmmmmmm, we'll see.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: introvert

For the record, if I were her, having been subject to the same federal ethics laws, I would have told them to axe that deal the first time I was briefed on it. That's what she should have done. Before she took that position she promised she'd go out of her way to make sure nothing even appeared to be a conflict of interest between her position as SecState and the foundation. Clearly, her word on that didn't mean squat. Whether it was criminal or not, we'll see.

2 min Tucker vid

State Department official who claims to have approved Uranium One deal told John Pedestal he wanted to help campaign days before he announced role in CFIUS decision

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
BTW, doesn't anyone else find it hilarious how the "original claims" were that "Trump and his campaign colluded with the Russians", of course there was no proof of this despite several leftwing news sources claiming there was evidence... Then it turned into "Russians interfered with our last election", to which once again no evidence has ever been shown...
Now they are using conspiracy and money laundering by two people to somehow be connected to "Russians tampering with our election" and that somehow being connected to "Trump's collusion with Russia"...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I'm still reeling from the "russian hack" that went nowhere.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It still is an elaborate witch-hunt. When you have a dishonorable man like Mueller running the investigation it's guaranteed.

The only bonus for Mueller is that the swamp is so deep it is easy to pick and choose just the right targets even when their are big fat guilty fish in the other camp even more dirty, and connected to the very same things. The slime ball Mueller has so far hired are mostly Democrat donors. Two already on board gave the max amount to Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign.

Three members of the legal team known to have been hired so far by special counsel Robert Mueller to handle the Russia investigation have given political donations almost exclusively to Democrats.

So it is STILL a WITCH HUNT.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Agreed. A witch hunt, appropriately in time for Halloween.

Can't wait. The intel agencies want to rip off the bandaid of corruption. Good, they are next. Mueller, and the other corrupt officials are next. They are bringing a knife to a gunfight. Trump will trump them. Can't wait to see the intel corrupt fall with their protected cronies.
edit on 30-10-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

View this from the point of history. When Nixon was going to be impeached, and removed, he resigned. To put the end of the controversy and move on Ford, did the politically inconvenient action and pardoned the man. While many did not like such and held Ford accountable at the next election, but it died down and the country moved on after that. And that is what I will believe happen after the investigation. They will ultimately let it fade and it will be a foot note in history. Either way this comes out, there will always be those that did not like it, but ultimately the evidence will be out there and ultimately move past it.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The Manafort charges appear to be nothing of significance in terms of the charge of Russian collusion or interference in the election.

However, George Papadopolous is more troublesome for Trump. He has admitted to lying to the FBI about a meeting he had with some people connected to Russian officials. Those people tried to set up a meeting between Trump and Putin (allegedly).

“We need someone to communicate that DT is not doing these trips,” an adviser said in an email to another campaign official that was not forwarded to Papadopoulos, according to the documents. “It should be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal.” The court documents say an unnamed campaign supervisor allegedly encouraged Papadopoulos to make a trip to Russia for an off-the-record meeting with Russian officials “if it is feasible.” Court documents showed he tried to arrange these meetings with his Russian contacts – allegedly without success.

The questions are:
Did Trump know?
Who is the unnamed campaign supervisor that encouraged the meeting 'if feasible'.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Everyone claimed Trump couldn't win. They were wrong. Trump will drain the swamp and Mueller will be one of the first to circle the drain. Mueller is corrupt himself, and he threw down the gauntlet first. Nice knowing you Mueller! Never underestimate Trump and his supporters.Trump wins presidency - Round One. Trump cleans house - Round Two.

Trump waits to strike like a Viper when the enemy shows their cards. Game, set , match, Trump wins.

Is there anyone here on ATS that seriously thinks the intel agencies are not corrupt at the highest levels!? They will easily fall like dominos as Trump triumphantly tweets their demise.
edit on 31-10-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well now this is interesting...
www.nationalreview.com...

The Manafort Indictment: Not Much There, and a Boon for Trump

After reading the indictment I agree.

Do not be fooled by the “Conspiracy against the United States” heading on Count One (page 23 of the indictment). This case has nothing to do with what Democrats and the media call “the attack on our democracy” (i.e., the Kremlin’s meddling in the 2016 election, supposedly in “collusion” with the Trump campaign). Essentially, Manafort and his associate, Richard W. Gates, are charged with (a) conspiring to conceal from the U.S. government about $75 million they made as unregistered foreign agents for Ukraine, years before the 2016 election (mainly, from 2006 through 2014), and (b) a money-laundering conspiracy. Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

2006-2014....hmmm who is missing from that timeline....oh I know DJT.

From President Trump’s perspective, the indictment is a boon from which he can claim that the special counsel has no actionable collusion case. It appears to reaffirm former FBI director James Comey’s multiple assurances that Trump is not a suspect. And, to the extent it looks like an attempt to play prosecutorial hardball with Manafort, the president can continue to portray himself as the victim of a witch hunt.

So they may not even have manafort.....and I thought he and flynn were the most likely to actually get jail time.
This is what the "russia" investigation brings?
What a joke.
Why did the previous administration(see mueller and comey) allow this crap to go on? Why would you let the same keystone kops conduct an investigation over matters they could not or WOULD not prosecute while they were in office?
What a bunch of crap!

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join