It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh, this is an empty investigation? Is that what you're implying?

The crimes he's being charged for occurred at a point in time prior to his work for the campaign.

What crimes do you think were committed regarding the Uranium One merger?

If there were no crimes committed, why do you want an investigation?

I know the real answer, I just want to hear you state your position clearly.

We have an admission by the foundation that they failed to disclose foreign donations by people involved in the deal. An absolutely admitted crime.

Then there is possible pay for play crimes. But you know that.

Then there are crimes that the podesta group after the deal continued to push for favorable decisions for uranium one while working directly with russian interests and with manafort, which is failure to disclose as a foreign agent.

You know, one of the crimes manafort just got charged with that you rightfully think is very serious.

But again, you are only concerned about those crimes when they affect trump, if we look at those crimes, we are traitors.

edit on 30-10-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You're never gonna get through to him. He's a level-33 endowed member of the Trump-Russia collusion religion.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I tell you, im not giving up hope that Trump and Hillary share cells in the same prison complex, and sometimes meet up for canasta in the common area.

Imagine how nice it would be at Christmas. She could knit him some new hair, he could piss everyone around him off....

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
With Manafort pleading 'not guilty against all charges'...is a much better chance that he'll "turn state's evidence" against higher-ups in the political totem pole. That is...he will not 'fall on his own sword.'

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Manafort charges are at least a victory for those of us interested in justice, even though they're a huge letdown for the #resist crowd.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
With Manafort pleading 'not guilty against all charges'...is a much better chance that he'll "turn state's evidence" against higher-ups in the political totem pole. That is...he will not 'fall on his own sword.'

That's probably what Mueller is hoping for. So if Trump was doing anything shady, this should be their chance to get to it. Obviously Manafort would want to cut a plea deal. Between him and Papadopoulus, if they still can't get Trump on anything after this, I'd say it's pretty much over.

Edit to clarify: The Trump angle would probably be over, but obviously the investigation should still continue wherever the evidence leads. If that's to Trump, fine, if it's to Podesta, that's fine too.
edit on 30 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I
Imagine how nice it would be at Christmas. She could knit him some new hair, he could piss everyone around him off....

And then the vatos locos show up.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I tell you, im not giving up hope that Trump and Hillary share cells in the same prison complex, and sometimes meet up for canasta in the common area.

One flaw in that plan -

While I can easily see Trump pissing people off, I just can't imagine Hillary knitting.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Food for thought;

If the FBI knew that Manafort was a Ukrainian money launderer in 2014... why didn't they tell Trump?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The easy answer is that everyone is doing it and it never mattered before they needed to find an angle to unseat someone they don't want where he is.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Konduit

The easy answer is that everyone is doing it and it never mattered before they needed to find an angle to unseat someone they don't want where he is.

This would reinforce my belief that these type of charges could probably be brought against half the people in DC if you investigated them long enough.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

... while we concluded that nine people related to the company did at some point donate to the Clinton Foundation, we found that the bulk of the $145 million came from Giustra. Guistra said he sold all of his stakes in Uranium One in the fall of 2007, "at least 18 months before Hillary Clinton became secretary of state" and three years before the Russian deal.

We couldn’t independently verify Giustra’s claim, but if he is telling the truth, the donation amount to the Clinton Foundation from confirmed Uranium One investors drops from more than $145 million to $4 million.

Politifact

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Food for thought;

If the FBI knew that Manafort was a Ukrainian money launderer in 2014... why didn't they tell Trump?

But but but...... Why didn't the FBI warn Trump that his campaign manager ( a guy who been apart of multiple scandals for decades) has been under criminal investigation since at least 2014?

Always somebody elses' fault.... Am I right? Never any accountability in Trumpland. At least when it comes to Trump...

The good news is that Manifort is a perfect candidate to fall on the sword for Trump. This way you guys can continue to live in a fantasy unimpeded.

It's becoming clear that this spell won't be broken, and you'll ride the ship to the bottom of the sea if need be.

Cult like..... Very cult like..

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Now there's a touch of irony for you.

I bet that if Trump was on a bit better terms with the Canadian government, they would be able to confirm, or deny, these allegations fairly easily.

Granted, if Trudeau is savvy, he could make that a NAFTA negotiation topic, lol.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

... while we concluded that nine people related to the company did at some point donate to the Clinton Foundation, we found that the bulk of the $145 million came from Giustra. Guistra said he sold all of his stakes in Uranium One in the fall of 2007, "at least 18 months before Hillary Clinton became secretary of state" and three years before the Russian deal.

We couldn’t independently verify Giustra’s claim, but if he is telling the truth, the donation amount to the Clinton Foundation from confirmed Uranium One investors drops from more than $145 million to $4 million.

Politifact

Oh, so it MIGHT only drop to $4 million with this unverified claim?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Politifact

Oh, so it MIGHT only drop to $4 million with this unverified claim?

Yeah, and as if the amount would make it any less corrupt, if there is indeed found to be corruption there. Like the amount of uranium (20%, 11%, whatever), it doesn't really change the case. But these are the kinds of things they have to cling to at this point.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
It's here
www.businessinsider.com...

Why thank you...

You do realize the only mention of Russia in that indictment against Manaforth is "its near Ukraine".

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: intrptr

I fool people? Not that I know of.

You block investigation, too.

its okay, I still like you.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Politifact

I could go into details about how when Giustra donated that money he thought Hillary was going to be presdent, and he was quite possibly working on Russias behalf, so i didnt matter if he sold his shares, he still got wht he wanted from Russia.

But instead I will say this.

So with all of the potential crimes I showed could happen, your one answer is "well she didnt get $140 million, only $4 million"

And this is supposed to be some kind of mic drop?

Wow.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Giustra sold his U1 shares three years before the merger with Rosatom and donations such as they were came 15 months before Clinton became Sec. State.

Opinions about motivations are not facts. neither are spurious claims about Clinton Foundation reporting.
edit on 30-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: noted

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join