It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic drugs could prevent criminals from re-offending, claims study.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Misuse = abuse. There’s no: “let alone abuses” to somehow implicitly assert using the term “misuse” is different in magnitudes or impact/cost — make no mistake that’s what you were attempting to do. The English language is tricky, but not obtuse — at least in most cases.

Anyone in this thread suggesting MISUSE of benzodiazepines are a greater public health cost than the MISUSE of Opioid/Opiates is doing so from a subjective, personal “observation” (i.e. 99% of those are actual personal experiences and not based on “observations”). Glad to hear your mother has recovered. The hard, cold truth remains that this country has never experienced a drug epidemic/“crisis” (its what the White House is prepared to declare it Thursday) that has impacted public health as this one. It’s not even close. Period.

Education, outreach and other measures used in the name of harm reduction are the way forward in tackling the misuse of any substance in the most cost-effective manner. Pointing out misuse = abuse may help someone like you in dealing with a recovering addict, or someone who is physically-dependent.
edit on 25-10-2017 by BeefNoMeat because: may, not my

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

What I am suggesting is there are the pharmaceutical industrial complex doctors telling people they need to be on certain prescriptions, in the particular case of my mother, the benzos. Keeping them on them beyond any healthy amount of time. With the goal of profit margins and not an actual sense of care for the health of their patients. Either because they are scumbags or were trained in their fields by the pharmaceutical industrial complex. I suppose I can say "fair enough" to your misuse = abuse, since after all my mother is an adult as are countless others on medications. However their is a certain amount of trust that goes with the territory. When I say she didn't misuse them, I mean to say she never took more than her prescription, never wanted to be on them to begin with.. etc. Abuse in my opinion would be using recreational. There was no addiction in my anecdote. The abuse took place on the part of all the doctors that told my mom she was going to be on them for years. The doctors who dropped her as a patient because she expressed concerns about what she was taking and the long term effects.

I hear what you're saying. In my view my mother was a victim of the manipulative "health" care system we have to deal with. Yes, absolutely my mother could have and probably should have done more research on her own, sooner.

Education is key.

I don't know that opiates can kill you going cold turkey. Not that it would surprise me. I think it's hard to say whether the benzo are worst than the opiates. I do agree that opiates currently have a larger reaching effect on society than benzos. I have never heard of anyone doing benzos for fun. I have however known people to abuse opiates like Oxicontin. A stepping stone to heroin usage.

edit on 10-25-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

That is a real shame , since I know lots of people who use it solely as a pain relief

I wonder if your cannabinoid receptors are functioning as normal or if you have a reduced amount or something like that .

I can only feel sorry for you to be able to have a super pain killer like weed not work for you!

my condolences that maryjane dont wanna # wit you !

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

id wager the amphetamines are far more destructive to society than opiates maybe not right now but going the way they are going they will surely overtake the opiates in terms of their ability to destroy lives

look at crystal meth

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

thing is we didnt start out smoking it , we ate it and its seeds and used it for everything

we humans have a long history with that plant

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The problem with your assertion with respect to methaphetamines, is just that, it’s an assertion — you need data. The data is bountiful for the on-going and continued detriment to public health in regards to Opioid/Opiates. This is going to be a long, expensive epidemic that will go unrivaled.

You look at crystal meth, it’s been around for 50 years, it had its ‘epidemic’ in the states in the 90’s/early 2000’s, was it declared a National Crisis? Nope. Spurred the best TV series ever, but it never came close to causing more deaths in a year than guns or cars combined — Opioids/Opiates have that distinction 3 years running. Just wait till the 2017 numbers are released....I’ll be sure to hit this thread up again then. I’m out like a boner in sweat pants, Peace!

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

That is a real shame , since I know lots of people who use it solely as a pain relief

I wonder if your cannabinoid receptors are functioning as normal or if you have a reduced amount or something like that .

I can only feel sorry for you to be able to have a super pain killer like weed not work for you!

my condolences that maryjane dont wanna # wit you !

Er, not sure why you feel so bad for me, lol. It 1 still effects my brain just fine, just does nothing for pain. I can always take any opiate if I need to for pain, so no problems there.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Wrong, it depends on the person point of view which shpaes their morals,actions and purpose in life if aware.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

You should read Mike Adams website. he covers many topic like this.

Medicinal marijuana halts child's life-threatening seizures

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I feel sorry for you because it is unfortunate to have a great pain killer right there and it not work for you like it does for others.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Mike Adams is full of sh!t, I'll take science any day over some charlatan wanna-be.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Maybe you're thinking of someone else. Mike Adams of Natural News has a lab to test all his products and deals with info based upon scientific case studies that were done on supplements.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join