It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Flag, Anthem Mean Nothing Without Allegiance to the Constitution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: windword

I already told you the source.

Here's your post:

a reply to: windword

Yea, and then he clarified that he was against indifference, not dissent.

Later, he clarified in an interview that he is opposed to indifference, not dissent. “I just think if you are against the war, you should somehow try to change it,” he said. “Fight to bring us home.”

No you didn't. I'm not going to do your homework for you.

ATS T&Cs
* Proper Attribution for the posting of copyrighted material owned by others is defined as posting a relevant snippet of the online content not to exceed 10% of the entire piece, a properly formed link back to the source website, and a clear indication of the name of the source website. The posting to these websites of any copyrighted material owned by others that is not found elsewhere online is prohibited.

PS - as is often the case with you, read what I actually said if you're going to quote me, not what you wish I'd said because it's easier to debate that instead.

It's not about what YOU actually said, it's about what Kelly actually said.

I let it go without a source, because it was so stupid and such an obvious backpedaled deflection, but since you're making an issue of it, I want to see the actual interview, so I can take Kelly's hypocrisy to its furthest end!

So, please properly link your source.
edit on 20-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Kali74

My last protest (IIRC) was in front of John Kerry's house, against boots on the ground in Syria. Does that make me unpatriotic

Yep, John Kelly thinks it's unpatriotic to disagree with the government. He stated that the troops distain people that do! Shameful!

Technically that is true though, but only because the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to military soldiers. So it is a bad comparison to bring up in the first place...

Of course it's a good idea. I agree fully. It still a freaking infringement on the First. The First doesn't 'except the military.

My analogy is restricted to the hue and cry about standing for the anthem. Respecting the nation's anthem has been a common sense, automatic and obvious since Christ was in kindergarten. All of a sudden it's a big deal. Sorry it's not. No matter how hard those that would change that would like it to.

Sorry, not buying it. The little beggars can damn well stand....

How selective and typical of the left. WHY shouldn't the 1 St. apply to the military? If it applies to one, it applies to all.....oops there's that consensus thing again.

Boy...you sorta missed the mark by a mile and a half with this one.

I bet if you take a moment and try really, really hard you can figure out why it might not be a good idea to let members of the military trash their superiors in public forums, including those who hold political office above them.

ETA - oh and PS, neither the UCMJ nor it's predecessor the Articles of War and Rocks and Shoals were written by "the left."

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I agree with you.

People should be free to be as disrespectful as they desire.

Yep just as you're free to disrespect the vets that support kneeling if you like.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I agree with you.

People should be free to be as disrespectful as they desire.

Yep just as you're free to disrespect the vets that support kneeling if you like.

As a vet who doesn't, don't be hating on me!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Correct - allegiance is to the document, not the humans currently sitting in office - humans come and go, the Constitution does not.

Nothing in this policy is intended to make anyone go against their religious, political or social beliefs

Then if someone wants to kneel for political reasons, they should be entitled to do so - then come the consequences. Anything else is restricting individual freedoms.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Our government most certainly does not give us our rights.

The government by the people, for the people. Majority rules, not minority. There are some inalienable rights, we are not discussing those rights that are supposedly accepted by many countries....somewhat.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Our government gives us the rights we have

Yea that's a big fat no.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Might wanna bone up on that.

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" So what has that got to do with what we are talking about? By definition of that statement, a criminal robbing a seven eleven with a gun because it makes him happy is entitled to. A serial Killer killing people because he likes to kill is in compliance with the constitution and cannot be arrested?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What kind of country forces people to stand and give an oath of allegiance or national anthem? A fascist one. That's why we have the freedom to choose whether or not to participate.

In fact, some of the people who choose not to participate are the real patriots, as they are taking the time to protest problems with our country in hopes of solving them and making our country BETTER.
edit on 20pmFri, 20 Oct 2017 22:58:21 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Then if someone wants to kneel for political reasons, they should be entitled to do so - then come the consequences. Anything else is restricting individual freedoms.

Yeah, I'm confused about this. The school district seems to be preserving the right to kneel for political reasons. I'm not sure if that means they will allow people to do that or not?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Government run organizations forcing children to stand and give worship to a symbol of state power

Nationalism = Fascism, all the same...as long as you pay your taxes and sacrifice your young for the MIC

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe he was waiting for you to approach him for the stronger non-alcoholic anesthetic, the type that lasts all week.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The government cannot punish you for speech with very few exceptions, political speech isn't an exception. The school is public, therefor considered government.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
What kind of country forces people to stand and give an oath of allegiance or national anthem? A fascist one. That's why we have the freedom to choose whether or not to participate.

In fact, some of the people who choose not to participate are the real patriots, as they are taking the time to protest problems with our country in hopes of solving them and making our country BETTER.

Exactly. Where would we be now if there had been no Boston Tea Party? No protest against King George III? No protest against Jim Crow policies? No Suffragette movement? I'm sure a lot people didn't understand the purpose and laughed at throwing crates of tea into a harbor but the King wasn't laughing.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Where would we be now if there had been no Boston Tea Party?

I'm sure a lot people didn't understand the purpose and laughed at throwing crates of tea into a harbor but the King wasn't laughing.

"Thank you Freemasons." - Kali

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I never knew that.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Right there in Bahstan:

Green Dragon Tavern

The property had been inherited by Mehitable (Minot) Cooper from her uncle, William Stoughton, in 1701. The Green Dragon Tavern was purchased from her son, William Cooper, by William Douglas, physician and pamphleteer, in 1743. Douglas lived in the tavern, calling it his "mansion house". After his death in 1752, the tavern passed to his sister, who sold it to the St. Andrews Lodge of Freemasons in 1766. The Masons used the first floor for their meeting rooms led by Grand Master Joseph Warren followed by John Hancock. The basement tavern was used by several secret groups and became known by historians as the "Headquarters of the Revolution". The Sons of Liberty, Boston Committee of Correspondence and the Boston Caucus each met there. The Boston Tea Party was planned there and Paul Revere (a Mason) was sent from there to Lexington on his famous ride.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join