It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting and violence never helps those seeking equality but only helps the authoritarians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I do agree with the principle

Looking at the security at G7 summits made me see the inevitability of violent protest. Leaders fencing peaceful protesters out of sight undermines the entire point of protest. Here in the UK, we're always trying to either ban strikes or make them so difficult to justify as to make them vanish. Sooner or later, legitimate protesters will turn to violence and vandalism to make themselves heard.

^^^ I don't include masked assholes hitting traffic with sticks.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Metallicus
Gandhi and King were the wisest of men.

This new breed of violent protester are just thugs looking for an excuse.

MLK is one of my very favorite leaders in American history:

History ? Living memory for me...
At least the movement that the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr started.
Started right here in the Ebeneezer Baptist Church . Spread across the country.
He would have truly not been happy with the way things are today.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: CB328

Authoritarians want to prevent or eliminate all forms of equality

Guess which party doesn't believe in equality??

The one that makes excuses for violent protestors like Antifa and those who believe they can shut down speech they don't like??????

Calm your horses. At this level of powergames:
It costs government money. You never hear big commerce do something like this. There are certain people in Germany who firmly believe Germany is a stock company and the civils are their property. It's not that far of.
Global players need a strong base. Nestlé and such. Siemens.
Everybody plays for them selves. And if the government wants money, wants it's slaves to produce wealth, transform resources to money, on a global market, it has to play the game too.
But it doesn't, it "regulates" markets, which makes it somehow above them, because ultimately they own you, him, everybody, too.
Let's focus who the enemy is and hash out the left right bs later. It's time for us to bring all government down. It's time for violence, until we are more than cattle.
Antifa is just a bunch of hooligans during adolescence, not worth the attention, but they're okay. I like that after free speech there's a little room for phallic expression.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah, but didn't ghandi forbid his wife from western medical care, and then accepted it himself?

Attacking the messenger? Gandhi was near death several times as a result of hunger strikes, the very most peaceful demonstration possible, on his own person.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

The history France tells a different story.

I think it really depends on the severity of the authoritarian regime to be honest. Sometimes, violence is needed.
In the case of a stable democracy or society I agree violence does nothing but bring more.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

As others have noted, non-violent, peaceful protests are the way to go. However, the leftists have been heavily infiltrated, as has the extreme right wing with FBI Agents Provocateur who intentionally urge on violence in an effort to create victims which has the effect of radicalizing more people thus swelling the ranks of both sides. Basically, they're using enhanced entrapment techniques to better and more completely identify the membership of both groups so they can target the maximum number of people for enhanced surveillance.

The whole thing is a giant psyops and counter terrorism operation.

Don't be fooled; this has little to do with "equality", it has to do with brighteneing the hard lines of tribal affiliation. And, its working.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I imagine provocateurs exist because once violence ensues the event becomes a HUGE win for the authoritarians. Any time violence occurs, the effort to achieve equality gets thrown out the window. Violence just increases the power of the authoritarians. I could easily imagine Antifa members being infiltrated by authoritarian agents in order to instigate violence during protests.

Violence just causes MORE inequality in most cases. As I said, with the Ludlow massacre, when the Rockefeller death troops opened fire and start killing children it was a turning point. But in most cases, violence just strengthens the authoritarians and preserves the status quo.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I find it fascnating and yet a bit creepy the thoroughnes of the extent to which you have been programmed tothink and believe that the answer to all problems is "equality" when in fact true "equality" can never be achieved. However the programing has a very beneficial effect for the authoritarians because they create people perpetually frustrated in pursuit of a hopeless goal. There will always be inequality of one form or another.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

His death was an absolute tragedy in my opinion, that probably set back race relations a couple of decades.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
all I can say is look how non violence worked out for the Jews 1930s the blacks 1700- up
The Irish 1880 and up . I could easly go on it was not until there was violence in each case that things changed .
Predators love noting more then sheep its the animals that fight back they are more careful with .
Have a sit in humm how many times that has been a blood bath ?
They are going to kill you when they want sitting doing nothing makes you no less dead .
Wile MR king may have called for non violence there was plenty on both sides and that was what truly changed things after a point it cost the Government more to keep tring then to comply .

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Things like non-violent protest and judging people by their character instead of their skin color, both concepts endorsed by MLK, fly in the face of the perpetual victim/race baiters of today.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: Gothmog

His death was an absolute tragedy in my opinion, that probably set back race relations a couple of decades.

Actually folks were forced to look deep inside themselves . Some didnt see the ugliness. Most did .
Different time then.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BloodStainedGlass

It’s not usually the powers that be that come in and slaughter everyone.. they need us passive and working..

Chaos doesn’t benefit those in power. It benefits those who want to seize power..

So imho if there is or ever was an illuminati type group. They want the status quo, not some big event that kills off half the population..

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

But that backfires on the authoritarians more than it does the people...

Almost Every successful rebellion/revolution/exc in history has followed the same script..

Act 1) some terrorist group orcastrates some attack. The public blames the terrorists and sides with the establishment.

Act 2) the government responds with overwhelming force and ends up injuring civilians. So public opinion shifts and both the terrorists and the government become the bad guys.

Finale) the public loses faith in the government and is ousted..

Only If the government doesn’t respond with overwhelming force or they eradicate the rebels, then the rebellion dies out.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I completely agree with a future of awesomeness as you really nailed it.

The problem is, humans.

We will have to merge with machines to stop being the problem, until then, more people will try to gain more control over others.

That in itself, is the true issue.

Until we can stop trying to control others, and just be who we are, violence won't stop in protests.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

originally posted by: CB328

Authoritarians want to prevent or eliminate all forms of equality

Guess which party doesn't believe in equality??
The Democrats. Oh sure, they tout the rhetoric for equality, tolerance, and anti-bigotry; however, it's all talk. Their actions are inherently racist, intolerant, and very bigoted.

So what you are saying is because the Democrats do it is why the Republicans do it. Or are you saying because Democrats do it when Republicans do it then it's not that immoral. I'm sorry, what do you believe is immoral?
LOL. Put words in mouths much? I said nothing about Republicans, nor did I mention morality.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join