It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is Cancelling the Illegal ObamaCare CSR Insurance Company Payments

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

"Yeah, the problem is that this makes it impossible to blame the ACA for rate increases. Now the rate increases can be pinned on the Republican party.

And they will be.

yup, it's now trumpcare"

This is the truth. Now it's trumpcare.
Thanks for that.

edit on 13-10-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

And it will be a tangible loss to millions of people..

Forget all this “trump said this insane thing” or whatever other criticism that doesn’t actually effect people’s daily lives..

The worst part is I would bet almost anything that this is not trumps policy...

This is him appeasing the gop policians so they will back him on the wall or some other later policy.

Then after it is an unmitigated disaster. They will blame it all on trump like it wasn’t their idea in the first place.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I try to understand republicans, but every move is the d*ck move. Their defense of white supremacists and Nazis, the callousness about healthcare... and this retarded rise in trolling. They're f*cking d*cks. I promise, think of anyone in your life who's a total d*ck, odds are he's a trump supporter.

I promise all your racist uncles are Trump supporters. That's the republican team. Worthless bag of d*cks.

And this is all based on hard evidence and my own 17 year study....

edit on 13-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I try to understand republicans, but every move is the d*ck move. Their defense of white supremacists and Nazis, the callousness about healthcare... and this retarded rise in trolling. They're f*cking d*cks. I promise, think of anyone in your life who's a total d*ck, odds are he's a trump supporter. I promise all your racist uncles are Trump supporters. That's the republican team. Worthless bag of d*cks.

great on topic post!
a thoughtful, meaningful discussion of the op!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: MOMof3

And it will be a tangible loss to millions of people..

Forget all this “trump said this insane thing” or whatever other criticism that doesn’t actually effect people’s daily lives..

The worst part is I would bet almost anything that this is not trumps policy...

This is him appeasing the gop policians so they will back him on the wall or some other later policy.

Then after it is an unmitigated disaster. They will blame it all on trump like it wasn’t their idea in the first place.

Of course it's not Trump's policy, he is literally incapable of wrong-doing in the eyes of a cult.

It's clearly the Republicans fault that a Republican president is a failure.... because RINO's and stuff.

How's that swamp draining coming?
Hillary in prison yet?
How bout dat wall?
IS? I think it's been over 30 days...
No more regime change? Lol - North Korea

But hey, it's always the deep state and/or Hillary's fault.

Because Donald can do no wrong.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I try to understand republicans, but every move is the d*ck move. Their defense of white supremacists and Nazis, the callousness about healthcare... and this retarded rise in trolling. They're f*cking d*cks. I promise, think of anyone in your life who's a total d*ck, odds are he's a trump supporter. I promise all your racist uncles are Trump supporters. That's the republican team. Worthless bag of d*cks.

great on topic post!

Triggered snowflake go find a safe space

link   
a reply to: carewemust

To be fair, the federal judge's ruling wasn't ignored--the judge put a stay on the ruling pending an expected appeal (which, from the date of the ruling, Obama had 60 days to submit). With that in mind, Obama could keep the subsidies going while not in direct contradiction to the ruling.

Apparently, Obama's administration did appeal the ruling, and so ever since they filed the appeal on July 16, 2016, the subsidies could keep flowing per the letter of Judge Collyer's ruling.

An interesting note is that on December 5, 2016, the House of Representatives requested a stay in the proceedings, probably due to Trump's victory in the election and the presumption that they would do something to repeal the PPACA. Obviously, that hasn't happened.

I'm having a hard time finding what has happened since then--was the appeal dismissed or withdrawn? If it's still active, it would seem as though Trump doesn't have the legal standing to cancel the payments unless he order the repeal of the appeal, something that he apparently has the authority to do.

So, my question is, did he order the repeal of the Obama appeal to Collyer's ruling, or is he just choosing to act before doing so? If the former, then it appears that he's all good; if it's the latter, it would seem that he is acting outside of his authority.

It's the little things that matter in this type of stuff. In any event, he'd be an idiot not to stop the appeal anyhow, because any judge's ruling that errs on the side of caution in favor of the constitution is generally a good one.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I disagree..

If anything I think this is about passing tax cuts for the big wigs later..

I don’t think trump would be against single payer..

But if I have heard correctly. He needs to cut the budget to have the cbo approve their tax cuts. This is just an easy way for him to do that without involving the house and senate..

Trump was a life long democrat..

Imho He didn’t change his personal beliefs that much in The last 5 years.

This reeks of establishment gop...

They promised their billionaire donors tax cuts and now have to put up or shut up. Since it is the donors who are at risk , noting else matters..

The normal “well this could hurt us long run” takes a back seat to the immediate threat of the top few donors revolting.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Never follow up calling a group of people a "back of d*cks" with the phrase, "this is all based on hard evidence."

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

great on topic post!

Yes, thoughtful and accurate. Two things Republicans and Trump supporters know nothing about.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

According to the Wiki page I linked earlier, the Government was supposed to file documents on the appeal in February 2017.

As you say, since this case revolves around the House suing the US Government (which was outlined as a VERY questionable case on the merits) and the House isn’t pursuing it, the matter was in limbo.

Until Trump took his action to destroy the system, of course. I think it’s hilarious that the GOP Congress is probably going to have to pass an emergency spending bill to save Obamacare before the end of the year.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Triggered snowflake go find a safe space

More meaningful discussion from someone who has vast insight into the op!
Greater solutions have yet to be put forward here!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Never follow up calling a group of people a "back of d*cks" with the phrase, "this is all based on hard evidence."

LOL, thanks for the laugh!

edit on 13-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Trump appears to be continuing a dangerous precedent that started in earnest under Obama. While I do support him trying to get rid of the failed ACA; I object to the use of EOs to legislate from the Executive Branch of Government.

I had a problem with the improper use of EO's under Obama and I still don't like to see the President taking unilateral action and bypassing Congress.

Not actually started in earnest under Obama as it turns out. It was however a very successful conservative meme that "Emperor Obama" was "ruling" via EO so it's understandable that you have this impression.

Not sure where he stands right now but as of August 7th, Trump's EO signing was far outpacing recent presidents.

edit on 2017-10-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

In Thursday night's statement, the White House said: "The bailout of insurance companies through these unlawful payments is yet another example of how the previous administration abused taxpayer dollars and skirted the law to prop up a broken system." It said that "Congress needs to repeal and replace the disastrous Obamacare law and provide real relief to the American people."

www.nbcnews.com...

Congress does need to fix this mess.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Good. Sick and tired of subsidizing liberals failure. Freedom includes both success and failure. I do not care one iota for the well being of liberals. They need to get their lives together and buy their own stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: StunPrix
Good. Sick and tired of subsidizing liberals failure. Freedom includes both success and failure. I do not care one iota for the well being of liberals. They need to get their lives together and buy their own stuff.

Yeah, except the main points of the ACA were part and parcel of every Republican Healhcare plan from 1986 onward.

The 2010 Democrats were dumb enough to reach across the aisle, and they get busted across the face for it.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I take this to mean you care about the well being of conservatives then (who will also die in droves - at least those who are already poor/old/sick) when they can no longer afford health insurance?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump just passed his 50th EO. He's on track to hit about 65 after his first year in office, which would put him at double the rate of Obama.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I think you're understating your apathy. I think what you mean is you don't care about the well being of anyone but yourself. Which is evident.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join