It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is Cancelling the Illegal ObamaCare CSR Insurance Company Payments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The correct method of getting healthcare to a nations people, must always be dictated by how many people are in need of healthcare, not how many people can afford it.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

No, D.C he is not doing the right thing,every move this man makes is for the further enrichment of the already super wealthy, if you're rolling like that then I don't fault you for your position, but if you're not and is closer to folks who are a check or two away from financial ruin or an unforeseen health crisis, then you are on the wrong side of the fence ma friend.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

You are kidding, right?

The whole reason that the ACA was developed in the first place, was that millions upon millions of your countrymen could NOT afford ANY kind of treatment, from basic medications, to emergency care in the event of an accident, leave alone treatment for serious or chronic complaints. People were going bankrupt over critical care, and others were simply avoiding going to the doctors for any reason, even crippling agony, which of course, would turn out to be some cancer or sickness, of which they did not have to die, but offered the choice of starving to death to pay for treatment, or dying of the ailment, millions of hard working folks were simply making the harrowing choice, to tough it out and hope like hell it was just the flu.

What the hell is wrong with your understanding of recent history, Noncents? I mean for crying out loud!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Justso

Your post reminds me of a media piece I was reading about an hour ago.

Excerpt:

The GOP turncoats in Congress won’t repeal ObamaCare. But Donald Trump — who is admittedly a moron, an anti-speech thug, and otherwise a generally wretched and narcissistic waste of oxygen — is accomplishing some really good stuff on the health care front.

This a good opinion piece that's probably right up your alley!: www.redstate.com...

Sounds hilarious and true.

I have family in now, and they are from NC and my wife is blindly liberal (I'm a got off my lawn and leave me alone guy). One brought up Trump and I saw where it was going, so in order to keep the piece I said this lol.

Regardless if you are for him or against him, people are going to be mad and there's no point in it. He is narcissistic and not many will not disagree. But the way I view him is as a cartoon. He's very proud, and like to be in the lime light. his mannerisms are weird and expresses himself a lot. Viewing him in any other light will make you mad. I got a chuckle from everyone and we moved on from him.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I guess the poor disabled and old in nursing homes can commit suicide. That's what I would do rather than being thrown in the street or sent to relatives who can't provide my needs.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The whole reason that the ACA was developed in the first place, was that millions upon millions of your countrymen could NOT afford ANY kind of treatment

You don't really believe that do you??

1.A huge financial crash.

2.Bailouts.

3.Obamacare.

Trump has made the payments, guaranteed to insurers under Obamacare to help lower out-of-pocket medical expenses for low-income consumers, each month since taking office in January. But he has repeatedly threatened to cut them off and disparaged them as a "bailout" for insurance companies.

www.cbc.ca...

I HIGHLY doubt the reason was to help people...why didn't they do that years and years and years before??

As Ronald Reagan said....

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Why did no one do it years and years before?

Is that what you are asking?

Since the Reagan era, the most socially aware administration, OTHER than Obama's, was Clinton's and he was an absolute disgrace, still is, and so is his wife. I do not like Obama, because he showed no willingness to end the MIC or bring its minions into the light, there to scream and twitch in the sun, as it burned their foul flesh from their bones. However, he at least was prepared to make sure that the financial troubles the country was in, would not negatively effect peoples ability to access life saving treatment without destroying their financial security and that of their children, for the rest of bloody time!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

a reply to: abe froman

He's only de-funding the part of ObamaCare that was ruled illegally funded by a Federal Court in May 2016.

Obamacare is a 12,000 page nightmare of rules that most people have never heard of, or confuse one aspect of it with another. There are 2 "subsidies", but even ObamaCare customers don't know this...which is completely understandable.

By nightmare you mean set standards that all companies must follow to insure that even the most basic things are covered by insurance plans?

All this move does is ensure the poor lose what help they got, paves way for the GOP tax cuts for the rich, and if you listen carefully lawyers specializing in Medical Bankruptcy just cheered.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ravenshadow13
a reply to: Noncents

My income is right around this margin.

This means my deductible would be $4,000 instead of $1,000. $4,000 is more than I have in my bank account. If something happens to me like an accident or if I need a surgery, I’m toast. There’s no way I’d ever reach a deductible of $4,000 in a year unless something horrible happened, which means that some of the care that I do receive regularly would be at full cost of $150 for certain weekly PT services which is more than I can afford at my salary.

Without some of the ACÁ policies the costs would be closer to $300 a week which is obviously even worse.

But that isn’t a concern for you I’m sure.

Hence why fortunately I’m on Medicaid. Truly this is just going to push more people back onto the Medicaid and disability system whose incomes are close to the $15-$20k range. And guess what—that’s actually more expensive for taxpayers.

So I mean yeah I guess he didn’t do anything bad except making healthcare unaffordable for lower income Americans but whatever right?

So you tell me why a person’s deductible should be 1/5 their annual income? That doesn’t seem unreasonable to you?

Because its much easier to take a 5k loan then it is to go bankrupt from $100,000s if you got hit by a car and needed major surgery.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
America has the world's best hospitals and medical equipment. There was nothing wrong for Obama to fix. What Obama did is unnecessary. Look at Syria. The weak and disabled are destroyed by war. Nature destroys them. It is against nature to save them.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: carewemust

Bullsh*t. It was never illegal. He’s killing ACA and about to leave millions without insurance. He’s a heartless *sshole and I expect nothing but his trolling supporters like you to immediately start dishing the bullsh*t Trumptards version of the story.

You guys suck.

A perfect example of FAKE NEWS is the headline on CNN tonight:

CNN BANNER: "Trump cuts subsidies that help low income people buy health insurance." (FAKE aka LIE)

The CSR subsidies pay insurance companies for keeping the deductible low for people who earn less than $29,000 a year.

It's very refreshing to finally have a President who does his best to keep campaign promises! Even without help from a Congress who loves money and power, more than keeping THEIR promises.

How is that a lie? The subsidy is going to the insurance company to keep payments down on low income people. No subsidy, no cheaper plans for the poor.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

and, I still say that the major reason the insurance industry needed the bailout was related to the bankers real estate/derivatives scam.. so, would you have rathered that they let the health insurance industry fail??

so trump thinks that obamacare was a bailout for the insurance industry...
did he explain why they needed a bailout to begin with?
because if it was related to the real estate/derivatives scam, then well... I don't think he's that inclined to prevent that from happening again. doesn't he want to loosen the regulations on the banking industry which would allow them to play the same game again?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

The industry takes most of the subsidy. Only a very small % of the subsidy go to the poor. The industry is corrupt and greedy.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: beere

How very Ayn Rand of you, I predict at the end of your days, you and others will end up like her, dependent upon the very system she scorned when she was in her prime and healthy.

And the issue have never been the competency of American hospitals or medicines, but of access to it.
edit on 13-10-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Who knows, maybe a liberal judge who likes spending taxpayer money, will reverse this...

On May 12, 2016, Judge Rosemary Collyer of the federal district court for the District of Columbia decided that the Obama administration cannot constitutionally reimburse insurers for the costs they incur in fulfilling their obligation under the ACA to reduce cost sharing for marketplace enrollees with incomes below 250 percent of the poverty level.

Source: healthaffairs.org...

Ten Billion dollars is scheduled to be transferred from U.S. taxpayers to health insurance companies next year, in the form of CSR payments. It's a really stupid, inefficient way to keep deductibles low for the working-poor. ($16,000 - $29,000 income @ year.)

Wow, you are a special case, aren't you?

Your own article states IN THE NEXT PARAGRAPH that Judge Collyer STAYED HER JUDGEMENT pending appeal by the Government. The Government did appeal in July 2016, the matter was further remanded by the DC Court of Appeals in December 2016 AT THE REQUEST OF THE HOUSE.

I submit that your mind is so enslaved to the idea of "Trump" that you are no longer capable of seeing the facts that are RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: beere
a reply to: Pyle

The industry takes most of the subsidy. Only a very small % of the subsidy go to the poor. The industry is corrupt and greedy.

The "industry" takes ALL of the subsidy ... that's what a SUBSIDY is ... Jesus Christ some of you people.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: beere
actually, I think obamacare put a limit on how much of their revenue could go towards anything other than the actual healthcare..

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Yes. Nothing but fake spin. Not unconstitutional. 70% of Americans were not against it. In fact it's more popular then ever. Thats because the Trump base thought the ACA and Obamacare were different health plans. "Get rid of that there Obamacare, because I have the ACA" . SMH. His base is by far the most uneducated hateful group in maybe American history.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Trump appears to be continuing a dangerous precedent that started in earnest under Obama. While I do support him trying to get rid of the failed ACA; I object to the use of EOs to legislate from the Executive Branch of Government.

I had a problem with the improper use of EO's under Obama and I still don't like to see the President taking unilateral action and bypassing Congress.

I agree, but with the current atmosphere of the left and right working against Trump, they are forcing his hand in my opinion. Someone has to undo all the authoritarian EO's Obama passed, because the actual lawmakers won't do their job.
edit on 13-10-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Metallicus
Trump appears to be continuing a dangerous precedent that started in earnest under Obama. While I do support him trying to get rid of the failed ACA; I object to the use of EOs to legislate from the Executive Branch of Government.

I had a problem with the improper use of EO's under Obama and I still don't like to see the President taking unilateral action and bypassing Congress.

I agree, but with the current atmosphere of the left and right working against Trump, they are forcing his hand in my opinion. Someone has to undo all the authoritarian EO's Obama passed, because the actual lawmakers won't do their job.

So tyranny's okay when it needs to be done?

SMH.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join