It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is Cancelling the Illegal ObamaCare CSR Insurance Company Payments

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

There are a lot of die-hard Trump supporters in your exact situation. What do you think will happen when their family members start dying by the tens of thousands from treatable causes? What does Trump think is going to happen when he signs the death warrants of countless 2nd amendment bible/rust belt folks who trusted him to take care of them?

I think he's signing his own at the same time.

Trump is counting on a few things.

1. His base not really caring about all the things they complained about under Obama, from travel expenses to EOs to the national debt.

2. That his supporters will buy that his sabotage of ObamaCare is a series of high-minded measures intended to benefit them.

3. That he can cause ObamaCare to collapse, say he was right all along about it failing and get the GOP to pass legislation to put out the fire he started.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Call me nuts, but Metallicus was citing the "improper use of EO's under Obama," which has nothing to do with the average amount per year nor the total that he did within the first 200 days. Citing numbers that mean nothing in regards to how a president uses executive orders is pointless and illogical.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: StunPrix
Freedom includes both success and failure. I do not care one iota for the well being of liberals.

Why is it that republicans only use freedom to defend horrible sh*t. "Freedom" for insurance companies to f*ck over people. "Freedom" for corporations to pour unlimited funds into campaigns. "Freedom" for Nazis to march in the streets. Would be refreshing if just once they found an inspiring use of the word "freedom".

edit on 13-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Good. Sick and tired of subsidizing liberals failure. Freedom includes both success and failure. I do not care one iota for the well being of liberals. They need to get their lives together and buy their own stuff.

I think you're understating your apathy. I think what you mean is you don't care about the well being of anyone but yourself. Which is evident.

Correct, me and mine come before you and yours.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Good. Sick and tired of subsidizing liberals failure. Freedom includes both success and failure. I do not care one iota for the well being of liberals. They need to get their lives together and buy their own stuff.

I think you're understating your apathy. I think what you mean is you don't care about the well being of anyone but yourself. Which is evident.

I hope you don't consider yourself a Christian.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: StunPrix

LOL ... it’s really going to be funny when your insurance rates skyrocket AGAIN because the insurance companies will be losing millions of customers when the ACA fails.

And not ironic either. Funny. Hilarious. Gut-bustingly funny.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You're nuts. (you're welcome)

He also said, "I still don't like to see the President taking unilateral action and bypassing Congress" to qualify what he meant by "improper use of EOs."

Isn't that exactly what Trump is doing with EOs at the moment?

But hey, I agree. Not all EOs are created equal. Do you happen to have an analyses of the EOs under Obama and other recent presidents? No? Me neither. I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess that Metallicus doesn't have anything like that either.

So his own statement, "Trump appears to be continuing a dangerous precedent that started in earnest under Obama," is hardly any more useful or logical. More to the point, what constitutes an "improper use" versus a "proper use" of EO is often rather subjective.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

And right there you have everything that is wrong with this country. When people ask 'why does it seem like things are getting worse' it's because of this precise mindset. No one cares about anyone but themselves AND they think that's OK.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Freedom includes both success and failure. I do not care one iota for the well being of liberals.

Why is it that republicans only use freedom to defend horrible sh*t. "Freedom" for insurance companies to f*ck over people. "Freedom" for corporations to pour unlimited funds into campaigns. "Freedom" for Nazis to march in the streets. Would be refreshing if just once they found an inspiring use of the word "freedom".

Freedom to spend all day on the internet complaining about other people not wanting to pay for your healthcare or work all day to afford your own.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

And mass shootings by nutjobs with high powered assault rifles are the price of "freedom"...

Meanwhile, the ACTUAL inspiring stuff like a million women marching for equality, or NFL players calling out systemic racism -- that freedom they actually attack.

Just saying... Republicans should try once to think of an inspiring use of "freedom".

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Trump appears to be continuing a dangerous precedent that started in earnest under Obama. While I do support him trying to get rid of the failed ACA; I object to the use of EOs to legislate from the Executive Branch of Government.

I had a problem with the improper use of EO's under Obama and I still don't like to see the President taking unilateral action and bypassing Congress.

This isn't an EO. This is the Justice Department ending the status quo unless and until Congress follows what the courts told them to do: readdress the CSR instead of kicking the can down the road and paying for it all the while.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

LOL ... it’s really going to be funny when your insurance rates skyrocket AGAIN because the insurance companies will be losing millions of customers when the ACA fails.

Actual demand will drive pricing, though. Without artificial mandates and penalties, the average consumer will have the power to tell any insurance company "screw you" and drop their own coverage. That will push prices down if insurance companies want to make money off of the average, healthy American. It's the backbone of the free market and the exact reason why government meddling is anathema to the benefits of the public in a Capitalist society.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Haven't we all been told the US is not a Christian nation often enough to understand why this argument in favor of socialized healthcare is ridiculous?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah because insurance companies were always so good to people before the ACA. People got the care they paid for, never denied coverage, and no one ever went bankrupt due to sudden illness or injury. Thanks, insurance companies!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Its funnier you think ending subsidies for people I've been paying for will increase costs.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

And right there you have everything that is wrong with this country. When people ask 'why does it seem like things are getting worse' it's because of this precise mindset. No one cares about anyone but themselves AND they think that's OK.

You're damn right it's ok. We don't even have the same President or stand for the same flag. #NotYourPresident #TakeAKnee

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Its funnier you think ending subsidies for people I've been paying for will increase costs.

It will.

Premium without subsidy=$300. Premium with subsidy=$100.

300>100.

You do the math.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah because insurance companies were always so good to people before the ACA. People got the care they paid for, never denied coverage, and no one ever went bankrupt due to sudden illness or injury. Thanks, insurance companies!

Insurance is only a gambling venture, it was never intended to be the primary funding mechanism for normal, non critical health services. It's entire purpose was to provide the average person with a shield against losing their assets in the event of a catastrophic health crisis... If we returned to that model, this problem would go away for the average American. "Oh what of the unlucky dipsnip that's ill?" you cry... what of them? You govern according to the majority, not according to the few. The moment the law started centering on a handful of chronically ill who represented the majority of health spending in any particular region was the moment the ACA overstepped and became a goddamn disasterpiece. Life sometimes sucks, buy a helmet, resolve your problems, or STFU... that's life in a nutshell, dude.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Liquesence

Haven't we all been told the US is not a Christian nation often enough to understand why this argument in favor of socialized healthcare is ridiculous?

What does that have to do with individual selfishness and values toward one's fellow man?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join