It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress warned North Korean EMP attack would kill '90% of all Americans'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
a reply to: Phage
One Second After was a book I really enjoyed. I got on a kick and read several books in the same vein a few years ago.

My main concern in regards to an EMP, is my pacemaker. Maybe I should start wearing a tin foil shirt.
or maybe chainmail.

Ummm...yup...a tin foil faraday suit...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't think Congress knows what an Emp blast does....... They don't really know much of anything, for that matter

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Lol. en.m.wikipedia.org...

Lol, I'm Stuart clan but there's gotta be some combined DNA in there somewhere.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

The public only knows what we are spoon fed by the constant slow drip of the censored media.

I would lay odds that the truth would make us mess ourselves.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm sure China would be rather bummed out if it's economy took the hit of no more America, on the other hand , I've always thought China was using NK for cannon fodder to see if they could pull something like that off and then follow through with strikes of their own when the know the U.S. is crippled. This EMP thing need to be seriously looked into.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
I once lived in a area 30 years ago that used to get regular power blackouts of power for days in the winter ,so while renovating my old property i ran extra cables to run a 12 volt supply for lights and had a coal and propane supply for heating and cooking and a b&w television and a stream for water if needed next to the property in a total shtf scenario .

But not everyone plans like you ,older people brought up in that area who were looked up to by some were banging on my door DEMANDING to know how my property looked normal with television lights etc .

And they looked like wild eyed zombies from a movie ,unwashed and unshaven , and that was after 5 days of no power that
events told me enough about people ,who were 3-4 decades older than me and should have known better .

You Sir, are one smart cookie. I've stocked up on various survival commodities but power is one I'm yet to address. You've reminded me to put that at the top of my bucket list. Thank you.
edit on 13-10-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Always knew modern kids would die if they couldn't play their video games.

I've personally wanted a global technological blackout for years.
Be good to have some survival of the fittest brought back into the human world, and would help some countries whose populations are much bigger than they can sustain.

But yeah, be like a real life "the walking dead" I reckon. So many around today who wouldn't know how to grow a carrot or catch a fish that you just know they'll resort to killing and stealing to get that last box of stale pop tarts.

I used to stress about the way the human world was going. Now I say bring it on once and for all.
It would honestly take an extinction level event to change humanity, as just using our brains and changing our own minds stopped being an option a long time ago for the majority.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

I think a financial crash is more likely that an EMP. A financial crash in my opinion, would not be as bad as the EMP scenario, but still would be ugly in certain areas.

If the EMP did infact happen, it would be the communities that became tight knit that would thrive. Just security would take a lot of manpower to do properly. It would indeed take a village.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I think instead of a nuke I'd just take out power lines or power stations. (Not that I would ever do anything 'terror' like that.)
Seems it would be the cheaper and safer method. (Well as long as the power plants weren't nuclear.)

Get's the desired effect without irradiating the land.

But yes, I think we will see a financial crisis at some point. Only so long you can print money from nothing and manipulate the stock market in your favour.

But when it does happen, it will be orchestrated by the powers that be, kind of like the great depression, and while every average joe is jobless, hungry and homeless, it will somehow amazingly not affect the rich, who should be the most impacted if you think about it.

Jacque Fresco explained it better than I. The whole same resources, factories etc as the day before the crash....

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Always knew modern kids would die if they couldn't play their video games.

I've personally wanted a global technological blackout for years.
Be good to have some survival of the fittest brought back into the human world, and would help some countries whose populations are much bigger than they can sustain.

But yeah, be like a real life "the walking dead" I reckon. So many around today who wouldn't know how to grow a carrot or catch a fish that you just know they'll resort to killing and stealing to get that last box of stale pop tarts.

I used to stress about the way the human world was going. Now I say bring it on once and for all.
It would honestly take an extinction level event to change humanity, as just using our brains and changing our own minds stopped being an option a long time ago for the majority.

Sounds great. Wtf is wrong with people.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The Zeitgeist movement will only happen with a war between "us" and the PTB. With 6 huge Corps owning the press press, it is hard to see that happening. We are fed what we "need".

It's been awhile since I saw the documentary though, and if I remember, it was a good idea.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Look at what's happening in Venezuela right now, if you want to see what will happen without food.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Yeah, but I fear we'd hit those levels with a mere permanent shutdown of the EBT system.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I wonder the same thing every day. It's why I feel this way.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

TPB? Pulmonary tuberculosis?

Oh power that be. sorry too many acronyms to keep track off these days, thanks internet.

I agree though. I don't think 'war' is needed, not one of violence any way, but it aint gonna happen until people stop squabbling with each other over petty things and wake up and start looking at the people who are the real problem.

We could all take a leaf out of Icelands book, when all the people come together as one and do what needs to be done we can start making this world better place for all.
Sadly too many people are brainwashed or lack the stamina needed to do what needs doing or are programmed so well as to not rock the boat or to fearful to take a risk as nobody wants to be the one gaoled or shot.
People don't want to sacrifice anything to change things.

Much easier to keep your head down and be quiet and not draw attention just like we've been trained to do.

Left, Right. 2 sides same coin. Maybe one day people will see it, focus on the similarities we all have instead of the differences. See who the real enemy is and do what needs doing.

An entire nation, people, the police and military who are supposed to work for them, come together and say GTFO what can they do?

Alas no, we'll have people rampage and riot over mytholgical pay gaps and such. But they cannot do the same to the corrupt politicians in their local oligarchy..... sorry "democracy"

Kind of sick of it really. I talk to people every day about the matter, people of all different races, faiths, genders and belief and they agree with a lot I have to say, and the methods I suggest to get it done. (all peacefully) But when crunch time comes they always have excuses.

It's why I am waiting on a Asteroid or something to do the job for us.

But yeah, a lot of Jacques ideas and opinions just make sense. Resource based economies instead of cash. Maniind working together and all that. We need to break certain ways of thinking like 'you are nothing without a job'

I am jaded, can see a "Star Trek" life for humanity. But too many people are just too..... ignorant? simple? scared? I dunno.

Hell I'd settle for a cave man lifestyle even of work involving just getting what you need to survive and then the rest of the day and your life is yours to do with as you wish.

Just it all seems so mind numbingly simple to have a better world for all without all the unnecessary and often manufactured miserable bull# that simply exists for the advantage of a few. But hey it's been like this since humans existed.

I dunno, it's late/early here and much easier to say what I am thinking than writing it. Time for bed me thinks. Have a good day/night one and all.

I might have to make a post one day outlining a few ideas I have and how to achieve them, when I am a bit fresher.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

People are conditioned to work.

People are conditioned to believe in scarcity.

And people are conditioned to believe that there must be rich and poor. And what should scare us the most is that people are conditioned to believe the rich are smart leaders and have the best interest of the rest of us at heart.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sedna9

Your thoughts on the videos?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I guess it's a good thing I live in the middle of corn fields.

So the 90% deal is city folk right. You know the ones against the second amendment. Or is it wrong of me to assume that?

Yeah, your thinking is all wrong as it relates to your fellow man. You yourself will probably be struck with a meteor.

Nah, I was thinking of a lightning strike. A meteor is too glamorous.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join