It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recommend a decent pistol?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have an S&W M&P 9mm compact. The magazines from a full size S&W M&P 9mm can also fit in the compact. Same might be true wth your .40 cal. S&W compact. I've also have a Kimber pro carry II .45, Ruger LCP .380 & an antique Colt .32. Out of these guns the M&P is my favorite, though I CC the LCP. My antique Colt has the best craftsmanship. The Taurus Judge may also be a good option for BOB purposes since it can fire both Colt .45 & 410 ga rounds.
edit on 13-10-2017 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
glock makes some very nice 9mm in different sizes. i have a glock 26 which is 9mm and i have one of their .45 models, i really like them. i have never had a issue with either of them the glock 19 or the 26 are both very nice 9mm's, the 26 is a bit easier to conceal but you pinkie hangs off the grip, that never bothered me

the rugers SR9C is pretty nice its just a little bigger than i would like for everyday carry but a few of my friends have one and there great the S&W PM compact 9mm is very nice as well

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Have you gone and shot all of them?

Personally, I can't stand the trigger safety on Glocks, but some of my buddies dig them (or at least don't mind them). Its tough to figure that sort of thing out without hands-on experience.

Also, some of the best advice I ever received was simple; draw the gun from a holster (or just from that position) and see which one most naturally brings up the sight picture in alignment. You can absolutely train around it, and most will be very close anyway, but it seems to be a nice, quick way to see if one of them matches up a bit more with you.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have a berretta px4 compact 9mm (langdon ed.). Sweet, perfect size pistol imo. Feels like an extension of my hand. Not too heavy, 15 round clips with a relatively thin frame. Small print for a compact size. Shoots well. Full grip, no pinky waving. Langdon edition has extra grip, tritium sight, and flat decocker levers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join