It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Issues Major Executive Order That Enables NON-ObamaCare Insurance Options.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Monday October 9, 2017

With tens of millions of people making too much money to afford ObamaCare health insurance, Senator Ron Paul and President Donald Trump began working together in late August to remedy this tragedy.

The result is a 3-pronged Presidential Executive Order that is expected to be signed/issued later this week. Here are some excerpts from what has been leaked thus far.

Having provoked much sputtering and head spinning last Friday, by issuing new regulations weakening the notorious HHS contraception mandate, President Trump is poised to sign an executive order that will further dry up Obamacare’s regulatory morass.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the order will expand enrollee options restricted by the Obama administration —

1.) Allowing coverage to be purchased through association health plans,

2.) Encouraging the sale of short-term medical insurance, and

3.) Permitting pretax funds from health reimbursement accounts (HRAs) to be used for premiums on health plans.

Additional Info w/early Liberal MSM reaction at: spectator.org...

I put this in my ongoing "Trump hastening ObamaCare's Demise" ATS thread, but the executive order this week is so profound, that I feel it deserves a thread unto itself.

Bottom line is that relatively healthy, hard working upper-middle class individuals/families who are either self-employed, or work for a company that does not include health insurance in its benefits package, are not buying ObamaCare health plans. They can't afford the monthly cost/premium. In 3 months, those premiums go up an additional 26% on average, nationwide.

This Executive Order will give those folks options for good, personally customizable health insurance, at a cost that is 50%-70% less than one-size-fits all ObamaCare.

-CareWeMust

edit on 10/9/2017 by carewemust because: slight title adjustment

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is a good move and a move for the people not the big insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe I'll be able to get health insurance soon.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Finally.. This is great news, but I am sure the usual suspects will be in here shortly to tell us all how bad it is.

Because Trump did it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
those guys....together....totally awesome display of we don't need Hillary...he...he

I'm terrible
edit on 9-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Finally.. This is great news, but I am sure the usual suspects will be in here shortly to tell us all how bad it is.

Because Trump did it.

Of course they will be here soon.
They will be screaming "Trump is killing us!!!" like the deranged beotch San Juan mayor has been doing.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Youmean with deductibles less than my annual take home pay?

Amazing
edit on 9-10-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sigh ...
and is it legal ?
CAUSE if not WHO CARES?
THAT last guy played that game.
edit on 9-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

This is real progress towards fixing the failed Obamacare.

My only issue is I don't like to see a President legislate.

That is the job of Congress even if they are useless.

edit on 2017/10/9 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday October 9, 2017

With tens of millions of people making too much money to afford ObamaCare health insurance, Senator Ron Paul and President Donald Trump began working together in late August to remedy this tragedy.

The result is a 3-pronged Presidential Executive Order that is expected to be signed/issued later this week. Here are some excerpts from what has been leaked thus far.

Having provoked much sputtering and head spinning last Friday, by issuing new regulations weakening the notorious HHS contraception mandate, President Trump is poised to sign an executive order that will further dry up Obamacare’s regulatory morass.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the order will expand enrollee options restricted by the Obama administration —

1.) Allowing coverage to be purchased through association health plans,

2.) Encouraging the sale of short-term medical insurance, and

3.) Permitting pretax funds from health reimbursement accounts (HRAs) to be used for premiums on health plans.

Additional Info w/early Liberal MSM reaction at: spectator.org...

I put this in my ongoing "Trump hastening ObamaCare's Demise" ATS thread, but the executive order this week is so profound, that I feel it deserves a thread unto itself.

Bottom line is that relatively healthy, hard working upper-middle class individuals/families who are either self-employed, or work for a company that does not include health insurance in its benefits package, are not buying ObamaCare health plans. They can't afford the monthly cost/premium. In 3 months, those premiums go up an additional 26% on average, nationwide.

This Executive Order will give those folks options for good, personally customizable health insurance, at a cost that is 50%-70% less than one-size-fits all ObamaCare.

-CareWeMust

WOO junk plans are back! Great day for the bankruptcy lawyers.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So when does the fine for not having insurance go away?

There are literally people out there who cant afford it, so they get fined for being too poor?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

There are literally people out there who cant afford it, so they get fined for being too poor?

Didn’t Trump tell the IRS to not enforce the fine months ago?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You mean the TAX?
That the clown said is not a TAX?
They should pay back everyone that paid that bullsh!t.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Sigh ...
and is it legal ?
CAUSE if not WHO CARES?
THAT last guy played that game.

It's fully legal, if my understanding is correct. Obama left huge wiggle room for the HHS to make 'adjustments' as necessary to the A.C.A..

This H.H.S. will comply with the E.O. and has the legislation backing him to do so.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Hope the math works better,when they aren't lawyers

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

WOO junk plans are back! Great day for the bankruptcy lawyers.

and the medical loan bankers too !

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Good baby step, if legal and doable.

This does not address the cost of medical care or make good on failed campaign promises.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Didn’t Trump tell the IRS to not enforce the fine months ago?

Different bunch of Bureaucrats. The IRS E.O, issued on Inauguration Day, ordered non-enforcement. This one is directed to HHS and removes it from the books....I think.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting story.

We are screwed, perhaps for profit medical care is not the best system to use?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting story.

We are screwed, perhaps for profit medical care is not the best system to use?

...and the correctly labelled alternative to 'for profit' would be 'for cost', for arbitrary coverage, for enforced coverage. For mediocre coverage.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join