It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Issues Major Executive Order That Enables NON-ObamaCare Insurance Options.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

We already have mediocre coverage, hell the whole system is mediocre if you take cost and outcomes. Our medical system is no better than Canad's but costs over 2X as much.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

We already have mediocre coverage, hell the whole system is mediocre if you take cost and outcomes. Our medical system is no better than Canad's but costs over 2X as much.

You get less in Canada. The number driving by my house,150 yards from the I-5 border crossing, to Bellingham, Washington, for services they cannot receive in a timely manner is huge. They come down and pay cash.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

And there are people from the US leaving the US to get (affordable) care. This system doesn't make sense does it?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
This is a good move and a move for the people not the big insurance companies.

You're right. Great move that will benefit millions. The "big insurance companies" will be who insures you. Some medium size companies will re-enter the market too.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe I'll be able to get health insurance soon.

I've put in other threads over recent years how people that the government considers "rich", (single / earning over $40,000) started out ANGRY ...transitioned to DISPAIR...and then became ANGRY again when Republicans Congressmen turned into worthless, over-paid, over-vacationed, lying, traitorous, back-stabbing, selfish, jerks.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Finally.. This is great news, but I am sure the usual suspects will be in here shortly to tell us all how bad it is.

Because Trump did it.

Those people aren't hurting due to ObamaCare, and they didn't vote for Trump. Therefore, their whinings are background noise that can be ignored.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: notsure1

Finally.. This is great news, but I am sure the usual suspects will be in here shortly to tell us all how bad it is.

Because Trump did it.

Of course they will be here soon.
They will be screaming "Trump is killing us!!!" like the deranged beotch San Juan mayor has been doing.

This Executive Order along with ObamaCare continuing it's 3-year decline, will force Trump/Schumer to work together and fold ObamaCare into Medicare. Nah..that makes too much sense, doesn't it!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
Youmean with deductibles less than my annual take home pay?

Amazing

Obama lied hundreds of times with those promises of savings...keep your doctor...keep your plan... No wonder Democrat leaders are wondering why he's being so sheepish lately.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Sigh ...
and is it legal ?
CAUSE if not WHO CARES?
THAT last guy played that game.

YES..Since ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act) trumps ObamaCare, the Executive Order most certainly is. It's promulgated under the 1974 ERISA law.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This is real progress towards fixing the failed Obamacare.

My only issue is I don't like to see a President legislate.

That is the job of Congress even if they are useless.

Up to January 1, 2016...President Barack Obama had issued 43 Executive Orders to adjust ObamaCare.

Source - galen.org...

As you see, Obama literally broke some laws, just to keep his namesake from imploding. Didn't work.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday October 9, 2017

With tens of millions of people making too much money to afford ObamaCare health insurance, Senator Ron Paul and President Donald Trump began working together in late August to remedy this tragedy.

The result is a 3-pronged Presidential Executive Order that is expected to be signed/issued later this week. Here are some excerpts from what has been leaked thus far.

Having provoked much sputtering and head spinning last Friday, by issuing new regulations weakening the notorious HHS contraception mandate, President Trump is poised to sign an executive order that will further dry up Obamacare’s regulatory morass.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the order will expand enrollee options restricted by the Obama administration —

1.) Allowing coverage to be purchased through association health plans,

2.) Encouraging the sale of short-term medical insurance, and

3.) Permitting pretax funds from health reimbursement accounts (HRAs) to be used for premiums on health plans.

Additional Info w/early Liberal MSM reaction at: spectator.org...

I put this in my ongoing "Trump hastening ObamaCare's Demise" ATS thread, but the executive order this week is so profound, that I feel it deserves a thread unto itself.

Bottom line is that relatively healthy, hard working upper-middle class individuals/families who are either self-employed, or work for a company that does not include health insurance in its benefits package, are not buying ObamaCare health plans. They can't afford the monthly cost/premium. In 3 months, those premiums go up an additional 26% on average, nationwide.

This Executive Order will give those folks options for good, personally customizable health insurance, at a cost that is 50%-70% less than one-size-fits all ObamaCare.

-CareWeMust

WOO junk plans are back! Great day for the bankruptcy lawyers.

Better to buy the "junk" you want, than the "junk" that the U.S. Government/ObamaCare forces you to buy.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

It sounds like he's just trying to gut risk pools further to expedite the collapse. The Spectator author is well aware of this and that's why he thinks it's a good thing. He doesn't want to see ObamaCare fixed, he wants to see it collapse. In the mean time, with people exiting the risk pools, premiums will actually go up for everyone else and insurers will abandon more markets.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
So when does the fine for not having insurance go away?

There are literally people out there who cant afford it, so they get fined for being too poor?

1.) If the monthly premium for the health insurance in your market is more than 8.16% of your monthly income, it is deemed as "unaffordable", which means you do not owe a penalty to the IRS. In 47 out of 50 surveyed cities, this will be the case in 2018.
SOURCE: www.businesswire.com...

2.) Also, thanks to a very early (Feb 2017) Trump Executive Order, the IRS will allow everyone to skip line 61 on their IRS form 1040 when filing their tax return. ((Line 61 asks, (paraphrasing) "Did you have health insurance this tax year?"))
SOURCE: www.fool.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The problem is that these plans are likely crap.

Junk health plans

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Good baby step, if legal and doable.

This does not address the cost of medical care or make good on failed campaign promises.

It's a shame that the President and Rand Paul have to work together to do what the back-stabbing, lying, dysfunctional, numb-nut, deceitful Republican Congress refused to do...after 7 years of promises.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Rand Paul has some decent ideas about creating huge health pools.

But he’s too libertarian and therefore delusional and dogmatic

As if capitalism will magically make things right---voodoo economics

link   

And there are people from the US leaving the US to get (affordable) care. This system doesn't make sense does it?

I hadn't heard that. I'm no expert whatsoever. I really can't say. I can see a combination as somehow workable. All I know is I had fairly good coverage and lost it. But that's just me.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Good baby step, if legal and doable.

This does not address the cost of medical care or make good on failed campaign promises.

It's a shame that the President and Rand Paul have to work together to do what the back-stabbing, lying, dysfunctional, numb-nut, deceitful Republican Congress refused to do...after 7 years of promises.

Amen!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: Black_Fox
So when does the fine for not having insurance go away?

There are literally people out there who cant afford it, so they get fined for being too poor?

Didn’t Trump tell the IRS to not enforce the fine months ago?

Different bunch of Bureaucrats. The IRS E.O, issued on Inauguration Day, ordered non-enforcement. This one is directed to HHS and removes it from the books....I think.

Ironically, ObamaCare cut its own throat, in regards to the IRS penalty-tax. The premiums are so high next year, that most consumers will be exempt from paying that penalty, under the "unaffordability" clause of ACA, even if they fill in box 61 on IRS form 1040...which they don't have to do now, if they don't want to. (See my previous post).

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

You get less in Canada. The number driving by my house,150 yards from the I-5 border crossing, to Bellingham, Washington, for services they cannot receive in a timely manner is huge. They come down and pay cash.

I know a Canadian family who spent their life savings to keep the wife from dying. There was a 9 month wait for her cervical cancer chemotherapy. She came to Chicago...stayed for 6 months...and returned home completely cured.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join