It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Issues Major Executive Order That Enables NON-ObamaCare Insurance Options.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: carewemust

I answered an earlier question ,DO you have one?

No. I don't have a question, CavTrooper7. But I have found some exciting information. Due to President Trump's recent health insurance executive order, health insurance companies are gearing up to race into the NEW FREE MARKET that the E.O. makes possible.

Health insurers are expecting a major windfall from another part of Trump's efforts to roll back the law: His executive order calling for federal agencies to expand short-term and associationhealth plans.

President Trump last week came out against a bill to stabilize Obamacare because he says he doesn't want to "bail out" insurers that have "made a fortune" from the healthcare law.
But in a twist, some insurers are expecting a major windfall from another part of Trump's efforts to roll back the law: His executive order calling for federal agencies to expand short-term and association health plans.

The order directs agencies to start making regulations to extend short-term plans from 90 days to 364 days. It also would loosen rules for association plans, which let businesses and groups band together to create larger purchasing power.

The biggest insurer in the country, UnitedHealth, was excited about the prospect of expanding the regulations. Dan Schumacher, the head of its insurance division, said the company already sells many association plans.
"All told, we have got about 300,000 members in association plans today," he said on an earnings call Oct. 17.

Additional Info at: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

By removing the ObamaCare restrictions on Short-Term and Association health plans, those products will explode with growth. Mostly from middle/upper-middle income consumers who aren't willing to pay 9%-15% of their monthly income for crappy ObamaCare health insurance.
edit on 10/23/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join