It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is how to get common sense gun laws passed in congress.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Better Idea . Enforce already existing laws rather than micromanaging everyones lives with more pointless laws that do nothing other than penalise law abiding citizens .

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I just love how people think that society is not biased when it comes to race and guns.

You all seem to think we live in a world where equality exists and there is no problem with the majority of society.

As a minority, I can tell you that there is major problems in this supposed equal society.

Do you understand what it feels like to walk into a any store in America and be followed by security,

Have police pull up as you walk to the store at night asking what you are doing, having cops pull up and ask you why you are in a certain area (not even night).

Have a medical episode and people assume you are drunk or high, how about asking someone a question but have them reply before you say anything that they don't have change.

How about helping an elderly person who fell and have a few people yell for the cops because they think you are attacking the old person, how about receiving a promotion or entry to a school and then have people think it is because of affirmative action.

So much more incidents and they happen regularly, so don't tell me that society would not have a problem with this. All of you who call this thread racist obviously live in a bubble and do not have to deal with being a minority in this country. You may have one or two incidents of things like the above happening to you but it is daily for us.

White males who commit most of the mass shootings, still get a pass when walking around with AR's and other military looking weapons. So many videos out there of one doing it. Hell so many videos of cops being mouthed off to by white people and nothing happening and they do this to prove they have the right to. No guns pulled, no swat, no backup called...etc.

So please stop before you embarrass yourself by saying society would not have issues with minorities open carrying military looking weapons, they don't even have to be armed for society to have suspicions of them. Simply walking at a certain time, certain neighborhood, dress a certain way or walk into a business causes suspicion.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't know. Personally, as a 2A advocate, I'd like to see every law-abiding citizen in the country exercising their 2A rights, regardless of race or ethnicity. I'll take as many people who value their 2A rights and who hopefully vote accordingly as I can get.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I've been so convinced to do so, that I just bought, or will tommorrow, a Rossi Ranch Hand in .45 Colt.

It was just sittin' there callin' my name. A little over 500 dollars will be put into my local economy.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have to wonder, if say. . . the leftists get their way and rescinds the 2nd Amendment, how they are going to collect all the firearms from the law-abiding people and how they are going to get them from the criminals, and who have them unregistered.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ShawnTBear

Oh, woe is me, boohoo. What color was the last President?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShawnTBear
I just love how people think that society is not biased when it comes to race and guns.

You all seem to think we live in a world where equality exists and there is no problem with the majority of society.

We live in a society where equality is readily available to anyone who actually puts forth the effort to grasp it. For those who constantly need excuses to apply to their own personal failures, well... that would seem to be a personal issue, not based on anything real world.

As a minority, I can tell you that there is major problems in this supposed equal society.

Ah, situational elitism and appeal to authority, neither of which mean diddly squat in the face of my above assertion that the "racial equality" argument in America is the result of nothing more than excuses to pardon personal failures.

Do you understand what it feels like to walk into a any store in America and be followed by security,

Yep, it's happened to me many times... they're called "stop loss" agents and they tend to follow anyone not dressed well enough to appear unlikely to steal something.

Have police pull up as you walk to the store at night asking what you are doing, having cops pull up and ask you why you are in a certain area (not even night).

Yep, happened a couple of times to me in college, when I was driving the rural interstate at 5 AM to make it to a 6 AM lab course. I've also been stopped in a couple of ritzy neighborhoods over the years... it's called "classism" and "elitism"

Have a medical episode and people assume you are drunk or high, how about asking someone a question but have them reply before you say anything that they don't have change.

I've had people assume I was drunk or high, yes... I don't talk much to people on the street, so I can't say the latter has occurred with me.

How about helping an elderly person who fell and have a few people yell for the cops because they think you are attacking the old person, how about receiving a promotion or entry to a school and then have people think it is because of affirmative action.

No on the first one, and frankly I suspect it's never happened with you, either. The second one, obviously not... I don't qualify for any special treatment or affirmative action, so the question is plaintively moot.

So much more incidents and they happen regularly, so don't tell me that society would not have a problem with this. All of you who call this thread racist obviously live in a bubble and do not have to deal with being a minority in this country. You may have one or two incidents of things like the above happening to you but it is daily for us.

Excuses, excuses, excuses... when will we as a society stop accepting pitiful excuses?

It must be so, so very difficult to live in a society that has so many built in excuses and truly demands almost zero personal responsibility. That's the real racism in America... people who believe that minorities aren't able to navigate the level playing field and must instead have it tipped to their favor in all things. I believe all can succeed, if they simply put in the same degree of effort as the many (of all races and both genders) who have succeeded in this nation.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Dude, what timeline are you in?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Excuses, excuses, excuses... when will we as a society stop accepting pitiful excuses?

It must be so, so very difficult to live in a society that has so many built in excuses and truly demands almost zero personal responsibility. That's the real racism in America... people who believe that minorities aren't able to navigate the level playing field and must instead have it tipped to their favor in all things. I believe all can succeed, if they simply put in the same degree of effort as the many (of all races and both genders) who have succeeded in this nation.

Well I am not making any excuses. I am just telling you what it's like to be a minority in this country. You people on the right refuse to acknowledge it and would rather ignore it. I am having success in life despite those obstacles placed before me.

I live it and anything you say really does not matter because of the bubble you right wing people live in.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Dude, what timeline are you in?

Exactly. This kind of crap still happens in 2017.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why do you right wing guys think because Obama was president, racism suddenly disappeared and if anything it has made things worse in America.

Look who we got now as president an idiot who is republican but guess what age and color (AGAIN or AS USUAL) they elected an old white man. Racism is what elected this fool, due to a black man who was president. When republicans manage to elect a minority or female as president then we can talk about racism going away. Sure they put up the token minority or female for president but we all know who is going to get the nomination, it never surprises us who they nominate.

Of course you guys on the right will say BS but it is a fact.
edit on 5-10-2017 by ShawnTBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Why do you right wing guys...

Oh, hahahaha. Sorry dear, I'm not on the right, I think they're a little too nutty for me. But feel free to take another stab pigeonholing me.

edit on 5-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Why do you right wing guys think because Obama was president, racism suddenly disappeared and if anything it has made things worse in America.

Look who we got now as president an idiot who is republican but guess what age and color (AGAIN or AS USUAL) they elected an old white man. Racism is what elected this fool, due to a black man who was president. When republicans manage to elect a minority or female as president then we can talk about racism going away. Sure they put up the token minority or female for president but we all know who is going to get the nomination, it never surprises us who they nominate.

Of course you guys on the right will say BS but it is a fact.

Im independent myself. I have traits from all sides. The electoral college is what elected trump to be fair. Popular vote is unfair as in it would allow ONE OR TWO STATES to win every time.
ALso...Obama had both houses at the start. he could had made the paradise of reverse racism you so desire come true then. WHy not you ask? Because for 50 years Yall vote dem and what have they done for you all? nothing. they just keep promosing and never deliver. they laugh at you.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Why do you right wing guys...

Oh, hahahaha. Sorry dear, I'm not on the right, I think they're a little too nutty for me. But feel free to take another stab pigeonholing me.

You have a "John Birch Society" tattoo as a tramp stamp.

I've seen your facebook page.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You meant 'we', right?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

You meant 'we', right?

I didn't mention the tattoo on our fanny.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We barely remember that night.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
got one on my fanny.......he.....he

yup, the thing is in Texas here we are just plain friendly....I'm white looking with a tan....my cousins are my brothers....

we just like each others talk and family feel.....spiritual like as if God is watching......keep your manners and groove on the fellowship.....

guns have to stay to do that job......Jesus said sell your tunic....buy a sword but not to use it....just keep one on ya....that trumps tyranny......type that again here....guns stomp tyranny....would you star me somebody? he......he
edit on 5-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: he.....he

edit on 5-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We barely remember that night.

My camera does.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
My camera does.

There is no camera on the planet that could fit all of DB in the shot.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join