It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is how to get common sense gun laws passed in congress.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShawnTBear
Minorities across the country start open carrying AR-15 or similar type of weapons, to white business's and watch the flood of complaints and watch congress get right on it. History says it works, in case you don't know about The Mulford Act, look it up.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Oct 5 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

First of all, what are common sense gun laws? There is nothing wrong with an AR-15 and taking them away from legal and lawful citizens who use them for sport, self defense, or target shooting would be punished for it -- while mass murderers would still be out there procuring and using AR-15's.

Laws don't suddenly reduce the amount of AR-15's the exist, it just changes whether or not you're a criminal for holding them, and criminals are criminals, and mass murderers don't really care about the law. Not to mention, you can build your own AR-15 or even 3D Print one, so all your "common sense" law is, is the lack of common sense.

Second of all, it's absurd to think that the color of the person's skin that's holding one would change my mind. Even if I hated other races [I don't] I'm not going to suddenly surrender my own ability to carry because I hate other races. Laws cannot stop the acquisition of guns, you can build your own AR in a machine shop, gun smiths are a real profession, and when you make them yourself, they very literally are ghost.

Laws can only punish crime AFTER it happens, they do not prevent it. That my friend is common sense.
edit on 5-10-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Pfffffffftttttt.... correct

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Sorry, it's just simple physics man.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: yuppa

Sorry, it's just simple physics man.

I thought I was a physic, but I could never get the lottery numbers right.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You cant even get physical, how can you expect to manage getting a lottery ticket?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

ummmm how do you know how much of him will fit...i'm curious....he.......he

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You cant even get physical, how can you expect to manage getting a lottery ticket?

Once a week my wife puts me in the back of the truck and runs me through the car wash for a bath.

We get them then.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

How do you think?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Once a week my wife puts me in the back of the truck and runs me through the car wash for a bath.

So no more sponge on a stick?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So no more sponge on a stick?

I thought it was a corn dog.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It was actually a schnauzer.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ShawnTBear

Got to have common sense in the congress before even thinking of such a thing

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It was actually a schnauzer.

I love german food.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Explain to me again why we even need new "common sense gun laws?"

Some 50 people died this past weekend as a result of our current gun laws? What's that like 0.0000002% of the population? Why are we getting so worked up as a county over this?

Gun deaths in the U.S. is out of control at 0.00001% of the population dieing from guns every year? 2/3s of that being from suicide.

I look at numbers like that and i just can't get my self motivated to care all that much. Let alone enough to disregard one of my inalienable rights as a human being.

To be clear I'm not a gun owner, probably never will be.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShawnTBear

originally posted by: WUNK22
Yes, yes, yes, it's all about the racist white devil. By the way look to Chicago, where blacks are open carrying ARs and AKs killing each other in droves. Speaking from this white male, its natural selection, enjoy your hood games!

Show me proof they openly carry these types of weapons, into business's, on the street in front of police...etc.

Using you logic, by not passing any laws that make it harder for certain people to get guns and then having this kind of tragedy happen, is society suffering from natural selection.

Most businesses in open and/or concealed carry states disallow any firearms on the premise.
Your recommendation would not turn out too well . No matter whatever demographic involved
Public libraries , courthouses , most public areas as well

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Well, I don't want to give out any personal information, sorry. But I'll try to respect your safe spaces. Apologies for being such a dense racist!

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I don't really want any personal info from you so I think you're safe. Also apology accepted...that was very big of you =P

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Free protection. Let's do it.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

What state of mind are you in? Do you honestly believe America is that racist? If you do, I think you need to get your head checked. I know, and have seen, plenty of minorities open carry and have had no issue with it. (If anything, I welcome it.)

Also, what do you think "common sense gun laws" means? You do realize there are more than enough gun laws already, right? You do realize that criminals will get guns illegally, totally circumventing your "common sense gun laws", right? Like all those guns used in various muggings / robberies / whatever crime are pretty much already illegal. Taking away Mr. and Mrs. John Doe's legal firearms aren't going to stop Mr. and Mrs. Criminal from getting theirs.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Abysha

Do you generalize everything in your life like this?

I consider myself fairly average in most respects...and I couldn't care less about who owns firearms. Concealed or otherwise. It's their actions by which I judge.

That's why I said "I've joked" about that before. I know it was a vast generalization and no, I don't seriously think that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join