It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is how to get common sense gun laws passed in congress.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Minorities across the country start open carrying AR-15 or similar type of weapons, to white business's and watch the flood of complaints and watch congress get right on it. History says it works, in case you don't know about The Mulford Act, look it up.

edit on 5-10-2017 by ShawnTBear because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Oct 5 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ShawnTBear

I know of many friends who are minorities and open and conceal carry. No one seems to mind. You really believe that only White people are for Gun Rights?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yes, yes, yes, it's all about the racist white devil. By the way look to Chicago, where blacks are open carrying ARs and AKs killing each other in droves. Speaking from this white male, its natural selection, enjoy your hood games!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

We already have cases (such as a video on youtube) that show the drastic difference in police response to white open carry vs black (or just minority) open carry: white guy gets stopped and questioned, then released.... black guy gets gun drawn on him, ordered to the ground, cuffed, weapon confiscated, taken to police station).

I have no doubt in my mind that some things would change, but what? I would see something like that causing a complete change in our open carry laws (that don't really have a negative effect as it is), but nothing involving restrictions on gun ownership...

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

First tell me what a 'common sense gun law' is.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

I know of many friends who are minorities and open and conceal carry. No one seems to mind. You really believe that only White people are for Gun Rights?

Nope but if more minorities started walking around with those weapons (which is their right), watch society freak out.

Also i f BLM wants something done about cops, they need to get the message out that it happens to white people to. Showcase this problem and how it happens to white people and watch society freak out again and flood congress with calls.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

It's a typical belief of racist leftists. They believe black and hispanic Americans don't know how to get IDs, find voting locations or value their Constitutional rights.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Yes, yes, yes, it's all about the racist white devil. By the way look to Chicago, where blacks are open carrying ARs and AKs killing each other in droves. Speaking from this white male, its natural selection, enjoy your hood games!

Show me proof they openly carry these types of weapons, into business's, on the street in front of police...etc.

Using you logic, by not passing any laws that make it harder for certain people to get guns and then having this kind of tragedy happen, is society suffering from natural selection.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I would have no problem with anyone regardless of their race, ethnicity or sexual orientation exercising their rights. As long that they are doing it legally most people would not have a problem with this.
edit on 5-10-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: joemoe

It's a typical belief of racist leftists. They believe black and hispanic Americans don't know how to get IDs, find voting locations or value their Constitutional rights.

Nope, we believe they know all about voting and how to get ID's but it is just that it has been proven that Republicans go out of their way to make it harder for them to vote.

They also know their Constitutional rights and practice it but watch the right attack them for doing so. BLM march, kneeling...etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Uh.... all of my friends carry.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Since I live in New Jersey and you cannot open carry a water pistol it wouldn't matter. However, if we had that capability I wouldn't care who open carried or not, rights are rights and everyone should be treated equally in regards practicing them.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

BLM can march all they want ... I encourage it. It's when they turn to violence and riot and loot, that is when they should be condemned and arrested.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
they all vote too. Where, particularly are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Looters should be shot on sight, end of looking and destruction of property. They make the choice, they die tough luck!a reply to: joemoe

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Many of them are former military, so they have seen the world at its worst. They understand that rainbows are not made of cotton candy and dangerous people exist all around us. If we take guns out of the situation, how will my grandmother protect herself against a knife wielding lunatic?
edit on 5-10-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

That would put you outside of the bounds of the law. You do not have the right to kill people to protect your stereo or your TV. People like you are what people like me are trying to teach everyone else To avoid. Responsible gun owner ship is not to be infringed upon. But idiots who talk about killing looters should not have guns, I agree.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So you equate "common sense" to discrimination against minorities? That's actually racist... like for real.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So you equate "common sense" to discrimination against minorities? That's actually racist... like for real.

I think the OP was implying it's common sense to leverage white people's fears about race.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes, it is. Just like Michelle Obama looking at Congress and wanting to see more black faces.
edit on 5-10-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join