It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is how to get common sense gun laws passed in congress.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ShawnTBear

So what's "common sense" in your world?

In my world, it involves leaving ordinary law abiding citizens, such as myself, alone. If I ever break the multitudinous laws regarding the use of guns in criminal activity then you can come talk to me.

There are a sufficiency of gun laws, all of them, apparently, common sense, out there already. Why not attempt to enforce them?

But, again, what's "common sense" in your world?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I think the OP was implying it's common sense to leverage white people's fears about race.

I suppose it works if everyone believes there's a false equivocacy that all white people, or even most white people, are afraid of non-whites.

edit on 5-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: joemoe

It's a typical belief of racist leftists. They believe black and hispanic Americans don't know how to get IDs, find voting locations or value their Constitutional rights.

Yup they think they are butt stupid and some play along. Rather embarrassing I would say. Neighbor works for a local charity that is starting to cut back because people are not donating as much and the people in NEED are threating to sue if they don't get what they want.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

People who do not like guns and who never looked into the culture of Gun culture always assume that only White People believe in gun rights. This really is not true. Gun ownership are not limited by race and/or ethnicity. At my local range we see all race and ethnicity. Recently we see a surge in women shooter too. Really, gun ownership is not limited to one group, but if you listen to the Fake News you would think that was the case.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing.

After watching the clip it is tough to deny there is institutional racism within law enforcement.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: dfnj2015

People who do not like guns and who never looked into the culture of Gun culture always assume that only White People believe in gun rights. This really is not true. Gun ownership are not limited by race and/or ethnicity. At my local range we see all race and ethnicity. Recently we see a surge in women shooter too. Really, gun ownership is not limited to one group, but if you listen to the Fake News you would think that was the case.

One more time. I know there are minorities out there who love the 2nd amendment and use it.

The issue is that western society is mainly white and don't blink twice about a white male buying up a lot guns or carrying military looking weapons around. I am saying use this societies bias against minorities against them. If minorities all across the country (where it's legal of course) start carrying those weapons around, or start buying a lot of weapons, then this society will start calling for stricter gun laws.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Yes, yes, I'm an idiot. Steal from me and mine and justice will be swift, stand your ground. Looters are scum and deserve death. Maybe you can let them loot your house because your ok with it, not this idiot

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This has got to be one of the most openly racist OPs I've seen in my time here on ATS actually. I almost actually feel pity for the OP...life has to be pretty hard for someone that ignorant and backwards...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

And I am saying that will not happen. Those who really understands the 2nd Amendment do not mind people exercising their rights legally.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Thank you for sharing.

After watching the clip it is tough to deny there is institutional racism within law enforcement.

Yep despite some saying it doesn't exist or is not as prevalent, this video proves otherwise.

This video proves my point of what would happen. Someone in society freaked out or the cops did but it proves some rights or laws are made for a certain demographic of society. Just like law enforcement gets away with too much regarding shooting citizens of this country and this says that laws regarding murder, shooting, choking or tazing were made for regular citizens and not meant for the LEO's of America.

Of course not all LEO's are bad and I am going to wager the majority are decent people do a job but those same people need to speak out against the bad ones.

Also, yes there have been some convictions of LEO's but the majority is still that there are ones who get away with horrible crimes.

If you read threads on ATS, the right usually does some hardcore sleuthing to find dirt on a minority shot but will barely google something to find dirt on a white person shot.

That Bundy case comes to mind, guy has weapon faced towards cop and gets killed, outcry from people on the right. Any black person flinching towards a cop, well he deserved it.

BIAS at it's best.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This has got to be one of the most openly racist OPs I've seen in my time here on ATS actually. I almost actually feel pity for the OP...life has to be pretty hard for someone that ignorant and backwards...

So now it is racist to bring to light a fact of society?

When do you people want to discuss race and the part it plays in society and no matter how much you cover your eyes or ears, this bias exists.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I've joke about that before. If every black male in the US obtained a concealed carry permit and bought guns tomorrow, we'd finally have bipartisan support for gun regulation reform.
edit on 5-10-2017 by Abysha because: Goddamn me...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

To make sweeping judgements based on race is ....wait for it... Racist!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

If looters are scum and deserve death, what do murderers get? Because you would become a murderer without the protection of the law if you shot a looter. Think about that.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

How is it racist? That word gets thrown around so easily.

a reply to: joemoe

Those who don't really understand it might change their minds though?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

To say as a whole white people would have such a problem with black people using their 2nd amendment right to the point that that is what gets gun laws passed is the definition of racist. Seriously you can't see how generalizations based on race is racist???

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Those who don't really understand it might change their minds though?

Perhaps a few. But most people understand their rights once they take their gun rights seriously.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

This is a pretty openly racist OP.

It also denies the rights of business owners to refuse service to anyone. In my local area, you will often be asked to leave an establishment if you are open-carrying, regardless of the color of your skin. If you refuse, you stand to be arrested for trespassing.

I live in a majority black county, with a black Sheriff, who issues the concealed weapons licenses. I have seen plenty of black people with concealed carry licenses. White people don't bat an eye about it. The assumption around here is: If you have a pistol permit, you are law-abiding.

In fact, in my state, there's a law on the books which forbids carrying a firearm during a demonstration in a public place. See 13A-11-59. You know why that law was passed? To prevent The Klan from carrying guns at rallies.

Get outta here with that racist premise.
edit on 10-5-2017 by cynicalheathen because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join