It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti Gunners full court press

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: neo96

Which is why everyone needs to pass a mental health examination before they can get a gun.

And everyone needs to pass a mental health examination before they have a right to free speech. And everyone needs to pass a mental health examination before they have the protection of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I could go on....but you understand......Don't you?

Dorian Soran O/S v7.2

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

So, we should just allow crazy people to buy guns whenever they want.

Unbelievable.

Do you really think that's what I was saying?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh hey, thats what started the American Revolution the British confiscated all arms and kept them under lock and key.

And go figure centuries later we got a bunch of King George wannabes doing the same thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: kaylaluv

How do you know Paddock wasn't nuts - he wasn't required to get a mental health evaluation before he bought a gun.

How do you know he was ?

Mental health evaluation BEFORE being able to purchase the guns would have helped figure that out.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

No.

NO.

RIGHTS are RIGHTS.

And people need to stop trying to label this as a mental health issue.

Because it isn't.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

a reply to: Bluntone22

So, we should just allow crazy people to buy guns whenever they want.

Unbelievable.

Do you really think that's what I was saying?

Well if you don't think we should require mental health evaluations before purchasing guns, then apparently you are saying that.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Then that should apply to all the right enumerated in the Constitution, correct?

Before registering to vote? Pass a psych eval. Don't want the prollies voting in the wrong guy/gal, afterall...can't have that.

Right on down the line. Tell me, do we need psych evals before getting drivers licenses? I've seen some crazy ass things on the road involving cars far, far more often then involving guns. Cell phone psych. evals before buying a cell phone so they don't do crazy stuff like talking while driving...that's much more likely to get me killed then a guy with a gun.

ETA: Is my purchasing a gun a mental health issue?
edit on 10/3/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Guns have been around for a while now.

And I don't recall so many mass shootings, in such a short period of time.

Im aware of the clock tower shooter, but that wasn't the norm.

After columbine things have gone down hill quick.

IT's not having guns that's the problem.

Something is just wrong in society.

Something has de-sensitized people.

Internet? Tv? Movies? Perscription drugs? Street Drugs? Failed parenting?

Something is broken in humanity.

The guns are a tool, but they certainly aren't the cause.

I think these events are terrible, and I wish they would stop.

But the root causes need to be discovered and fixed.

And that's going to take time, a lot of it.

People are going to have to face some hard truths about the society we live in, and the conditions that have created people that do these things.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Oh hey, thats what started the American Revolution the British confiscated all arms and kept them under lock and key.

And go figure centuries later we got a bunch of King George wannabes doing the same thing.

They never stopped trying to disarm the public. Thats why they included the "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" in the second amendment.

They knew that damn control freaks would never stop trying to infringe upon those rights .
edit on 3-10-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

link   
a reply to: seagull

ETA: Is my purchasing a gun a mental health issue?

That is what they are trying to do.

The mere act of buying is insane in their opinions.

The fact that 99.9% of the total Us population isn't 'nutz'.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Something is broken in humanity.

Humanity has always been broken.

The only thing that has changed is the 24/7 news cycle an sensationalized political hackery.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Something has de-sensitized people.

People have been conditioned from early on, to let gubment run things, and not be incensed by aggressive warfare.

Here we are.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

That's certainly part of it.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Personally, I believe the only time we restrict guns to certain people is if they have a history of DUI or violence.

Other than that mental health shouldn't be an issue unless the person himself/herself starts threatening people or animals.

Though, it wouldn't have stopped the Mandalay shooter since he has no history of violence or DUI.
edit on 10/3/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

They never stopped trying to disarm the public. Thats why they included the "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" in the second amendment

There is more than one at play here.

The rights to due process.

The right that no person shall be held answerable to a capital or otherwise infamous crime.

The right to life,liberty.

It is absolutely infuriating watching so many totally ignore the Bill of Rights.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It doesn't do any good to make it illegal if we let every nutbag buy a gun whenever they want.

How many people would the enforcers have to kill in order to stop illegal gun sales ?

edit on Oct-03-2017 by xuenchen because: unenforcable

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It doesn't do any good to make it illegal if we let every nutbag buy a gun whenever they want.

How many people would they enforcers have to kill in order to stop illegal gun sales ?

Like insane people care bout laws.

This stuff is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

How should that idea be enforced ?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

This shooting was unpreventable. There was no apparent reason to evaluate him mentally. He had no criminal history. He was not on any alphabet agency's radar.

Maybe after purchasing his 10th gun, there could be a red flag alert. But lots and lots of Americans collect guns as a hobby. So, there would be millions of red flag alerts to deal with.

But criminals and terrorist cells don't usually purchase guns legally, and they certainly don't register them under their own names. There are probably stashes of guns held by gangs, terror cells, criminals, and others up to no good right now.

I, for one, do not care to be unarmed. America is the Big Dog and we are in the sights of lots of haters and agitators who would like nothing more than to see us neutered and castrated.

Guard your 2A like the treasure it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Right. So let crazy people buy guns whenever they want. Got it. Then we should never act all "shocked and dismayed" when a crazy person kills a bunch of people with legally acquired guns. We asked for it, so it's no big deal. Meh, who cares.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join