It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti Gunners full court press

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There's more to it than just the Second amendment, though obviously that's the starting point. It's also a violation of our rights to due process, and host of others that neo pointed out above, now that I've looked. No point in repeating what's already been correctly pointed out...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It is absolutely infuriating watching so many totally ignore the Bill of Rights.

That conditioning again. The mass media is playing this over and over, conditioning people to violence and giving up guns.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: seagull

Right. So let crazy people buy guns whenever they want. Got it. Then we should never act all "shocked and dismayed" when a crazy person kills a bunch of people with legally acquired guns. We asked for it, so it's no big deal. Meh, who cares.

That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous things I've read all day. Congrats.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

No point in repeating what's already been correctly pointed out...

The only voice I have to counter the coverage in the mainstream , endlessly calling for more gun legislation. If the Make News press shuts up about it so will I.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Because one guy with no history of problems went off his nut for some reason, the which we do not know, I'm supposed to, on my own dime no doubt, undergo invasive evaluations in order to practice what is my right under the Constitution?

Why? Do I receive any due process here, or is it via govt. decree?

Can they bug your phone? I mean you might be crazy, too, right?

OK, which other "right" do we need psych evals before hand to practice? The right to vote? Write a letter to the editor? Gather in large groups to worship as we choose?

Where will it stop? Don't bother telling me it'd stop there...because we both know it wouldn't.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Why should we care? Nothing we can do about it - crap happens - we let crazy people buy guns. What's the point in getting upset about something we can't do anything about? There is no point. Meh.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm right there beside you. We may not agree on much else, but on this particular issue, we seem to be in lockstep.

I'm seldom silent on this issue for long. Though disgust at some of the idiocy brought forth will make me leave...I usually come back.

You keep on keepin' on!!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

There's not a test created for what a person MIGHT DO.

But then again keep on pushing Orwell and pre crime punishment.
edit on 3-10-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Stephen Paddock bought guns legally and passed the "tests".

Now what ?

How would you enforce a law that would have stopped the rampage the other night ?

edit on Oct-03-2017 by xuenchen because: fascistenforcementworks

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I'm kinda curious to see that test, frankly. It'd be useful at the DMV, too.

Ben Franklin must be spinning in his grave.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Paddock passed background checks.

Perhaps a psychological test is needed before a permit is issued , or do they already do that ?

Perhaps a psychological test is needed before they can run for public office?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I don't want to.

They throw around that label nuts too easy.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You might have a point there...

By someones definition I'm already, apparently, crazy or borderline so. You, too, for that matter.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

By someones definition I'm already, apparently, crazy or borderline so. You, too, for that matter.

Yeah.

Everyone is nuts to a degree.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I give in. I've stopped caring. No point in wasting time caring about something you can't do anything about. No point at all.

59 people died because of a mass shooter. Meh. Whatever. What's for lunch?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

you got to give ol tom a break he is / getting longer in the tooth everyday.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Dementia/Senility.

A sign of mental illness

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I understand what you're getting at, but no one, or at least very few would argue in support of allowing crazy people to buy guns. That's just crazy!

But to what degree do we act? Require a full mental work up for every gun purchase? How does that guarantee someone won't "loose it" in the future. Or have some type of mental breakdown later on after a gun purchase.

The problem with mental health screening is a lot of people can fake it to some degree, or it comes and goes, sure the truely psycotic ones might be pointed out, but certainly in this guys case (las Vegas guy) he seemed perfectly normal to everyone he met. I'd bet a mental health screener would have thought so too. Just a hunch though, I really have no proof on that of course.

But a quick question for you, do you believe a person is basicly insane for even wanting a gun in the first place?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

There's nothing like "Individualism".

It works.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: caterpillage

Why should we care? Nothing we can do about it - crap happens - we let crazy people buy guns. What's the point in getting upset about something we can't do anything about? There is no point. Meh.

Hyper reactive emotionalism makes people dense and unable to think rationally.

#1 Verifiably crazy people are currently unable to buy guns legally.
#2 Innocent lives taken makes everybody upset. Sometimes there really is nothing you can do about it, but it still upsets us.
#3 The point is we have things in place. It is illegal to murder someone, yet people get shot, stabbed, clubbed, and strangled everyday. The human condition is messy and people do horrible things that hurt others, but we are not able to control each and every thing and we deal with it, agonize and cry over it, talk about it, then carry on as best we can.
edit on 3-10-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join