It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti Gunners full court press

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Whatever. I'm having baked salmon for lunch, with a salad. I'm happy. It's awesome!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: neo96

Paddock passed background checks.

Perhaps a psychological test is needed before a permit is issued , or do they already do that ?

A person can fake sanity, or at least good mental health, if they know they're being tested.

I fake it all the time!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: queenofswords

Whatever. I'm having baked salmon for lunch, with a salad. I'm happy. It's awesome!!!!

Sounds delish!...and healthy. Sometimes, especially when we're dealing with big emotionally heart wrenching life events, clinging to the little things that bring us joy and happiness is all we can do. I wish there were Big Answers to Big Problems, but sometimes there just isn't.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Has there been any 'official' statement yet on what the weapon used was?

You know, the one that sounded similar to an M249.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

banning assault weapons, banning high-capacity magazines, having background checks

What part of that doesn't make sense ?

All of it. What part of "Shall not be infringed" confuses you and so many others?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Perhaps a psychological test is needed before they can run for public office?

I'd go with that , fewer nutters with guns and in high office .... win win.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

As an aside here, how many standing federal laws did this guy violate? Does anyone really believe additional laws would have had an impact here, particularly considering his wealth status?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It's about power, control, and removing as many freedoms as possible.

It's not about safety, security, or helping anyone.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: DanteGaland

So what part of THIS.

Connecticut Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro said Congress already knows what it can do to stop these attacks. "What we need to do now is bring to the floor of the House of Representatives votes on banning assault weapons, banning high-capacity magazines, having background checks," she said Monday. "We have to act. This is not just one time. We have enough data and evidence to do something, otherwise we’re failing the people of this country whose lives are at stake and we are sitting here doing nothing about it."

Did someone miss?

This part in particular,

"We have to act. This is not just one time. We have enough data and evidence to do something, otherwise we’re failing the people of this country whose lives are at stake and we are sitting here doing nothing about it."

Now let's substitute
health care reform for gun control
Drug abuse for gun control
Homelessness for gun control
Tax reform for gun control
Veteran support for gun control
Poverty for gun control
Gangs for gun control

If our law makers want to save American lives so badly, why not start with the issues that probably kill more Americans than bullets.

1) HEATHCARE..... Maybe if ALL Americans have access to AFFORDABLE and QUALITY health care it may help with the mass shootings. With better health care the mentally ill could get proper help. Those with undiagnosed mental illness can get diagnosed and treatment. With AFFORDABLE health insurance, people would be less likely to go bankrupt due to high medical bills, can afford the medications they truly need, will give them more money to save or help the economy. People that need help will get it, people that didn't know they needed help will have it, people drowning in medical bills will have some relief. This may help keep people from "snapping" and killing others.

2) DRUG ABUSE.... same idea as health care, help get people off of drugs, and maybe there won't be as many shootings due to addicts mugging people to pay for their next fix, or go off on some drug files killing spree.

3) HOMELESSNESS....Many of the homeless I've come across have mental health or drug issues. Some that I've talked to are living out of their vehicles due to overwhelming medical bills and have no choice.

4) TAX REFORM....easy less taxes equals more money that can be used towards medical bills or to build up savings.

5) VETERAN SUPPORT....I'm in no way saying that veterans are responsible for some of the gun issues, but I feel very strongly towards our veterans and feel that they need to have access to whatever help available for them. This is one of those "Washington get off your asses" issues for me, but....if you fix 1-4 on my list, you be helping our vets

6) POVERTY.....find a solution to help pull people out of poverty and have a better quality of life and maybe they will not turn to drugs for relief or towards crime.

7) GANG CONTROL......Less gangs, less shootings. This IS NOT a racial issue but it is a reality issue, so DON'T GO THERE. The reality is that many gun deaths can be attributed to gang violence regardless of the racial make up of the gang.

Less gangs equals less drugs and gang shootings
Less drugs equals less poverty and drug related crime and less gangs
Less taxes and more affordable healthcare equals less poverty and homelessness which means less drug abuse

You can ban all the guns, clips, and bullets all you want, but you still won't fix the reason WHY these shootings happen.
Help the mentally ill and drug addicts, get rid of the one's that supply the drugs, keep people drowning in medical bills, help relieve some of the pressure on people and maybe they won't explode. I know that this will not curb all shootings, but it would definitely help lower the amount and frequency. Until everyone realizes that it's the people pulling the triggers causing the issue and not the triggers themselves, my crazy ass is going to make damn sure I'm protected against their crazy asses.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

And you ACTUALLY THINK it has a snowball's chance in hell of passing?

COngress loves dat sweet, sweet NRA money.

Good! That's the only reason that the NRA must continue to be donated to, despite being sellouts who colluded with Bill Clinton on the Brady Bill decades ago.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

y'know, that sounds like a heck of an idea for dinner...

Salmon with a little garlic and lemon grass, and a nice white wine.

There is no one answer to this issue, and it's an issue. But taking away, or altering, my rights in the process of dealing with it.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's a good point, at the very least if he had not killed himself his sentence likely would have been the death penalty.

If that isn't enough to deter him, I don't see how adding additional laws or charges to the list would.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: seagull

Right. So let crazy people buy guns whenever they want. Got it. Then we should never act all "shocked and dismayed" when a crazy person kills a bunch of people with legally acquired guns. We asked for it, so it's no big deal. Meh, who cares.

Good thing there's no psych test required prior to hyperbolic displays of histrionics, ya?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I'm British , the whole situation confuses me.
Hand guns and rifles I can understand but machine guns ?
Crazy.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We should just make anything criminals illegally do, illegal.

That'll make everything . . . er. . . safe.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Indeed.

I love the idea of Congress being on the side of the NRA...that is to say, on my side, as I am, once again, a member.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I'm British , the whole situation confuses me.
Hand guns and rifles I can understand but machine guns ?
Crazy.

What's also crazy is the fact that people in the US who legally own honest to God machine guns undergo some of the most rigorous and extensive background checks and licensing procedures of anybody in this country. There is less paperwork and checks involved in being hired as an armed police officer than there is to obtain a Class III permit.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I want to know what other rights people want to get rid of.

If we're going to slash the Constitution and remove freedoms, why stop with guns?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I want to know what other rights people want to get rid of.

If we're going to slash the Constitution and remove freedoms, why stop with guns?

Well...
Abortion rights, by definition each person exercising their abortive rights is killing a minimum of one individual with each exercising...
Exercising the 2nd very rarely involves killing another individual, so logically I think we should start this conversation on banishment of freedoms with Roe V Wade and stop pussyfooting around with our selective outrage. 59 Million killed since 1973 versus 1.5 million forearm related deaths since 1968...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Abortion is state-sanctioned murder, so it's okay.

I have yet to see a plan where the anti-freedom, anti-gunners are going to remove firearms from people who have them illegally.

Door-to-door searches?

Or are they going to use a bold font when they type it up?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join