It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 257
<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com... well this could lend some creedance to the two shooters theory

Investigators are trying to determine whether anyone else was in the Las Vegas gunman's hotel room during the time he was registered there, multiple senior law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation told NBC News. The investigators are puzzled by two discoveries: First, a charger was found that does not match any of the cellphones that belonged to the gunman, Stephen Paddock. And second: Garage records show that during a period when Paddock's car left the hotel garage, one of his key cards was used to get into his room.
so that may gain some ground as more evidence comes out

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
Ok,

NBC article stating the following:

"... investigators are puzzled by two discoveries: First, a charger was found that does not match any of the cellphones that belonged to the gunman, Stephen Paddock.

And second: Garage records show that during a period when Paddock's car left the hotel garage, one of his key cards was used to get into his room."

Link:

www.nbcnews.com...

Not sure of the source of their claim ("multiple senior law enforcement officials") but potentially interesting development....

Accomplice..

Either the accomplice took the cell phone or Paddock whipped it out the window.

They should be scrutinizing cell phones recovered below at the scene. Particularly ones that look like they could be damaged from falling from reasonable height.

It was possibly a burner phone.

He was crazy, not stupid.
edit on 6-10-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Indrasweb

I'm still not prepared to say there was a second shooter. Or even if this other person is an accomplice. But they need to identify and find this mystery woman stat.

Agreed.

I remain sceptical about the possibility of a second person involved in the shooting (directly at least). Personally, I'm not going to draw any conclusions at this stage. Just thought it was an interesting (potential/not yet confirmed) development.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

If there was a second shooter, there would be footage of simultaneous fire? No?

I entertain the possibility of accomplice, but something went wrong with the exit plan.

I don't think there was multiple shooters or that would have been easy to spot in reviewing the tonnage of footage the FBI must have by now.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I concur with the assessment that it is unlikely there were other shooters. I haven't seen any evidence that supports that theory at this time. However, I have not come to any conclusions at this stage either.
edit on 6-10-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Double post for some reason. Apologies.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It was two shooters. One shooter for the crowd and the other shooter for when everyone started running from the scene.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

You know what else all those people had in common? Something happened in their lives that required them to seek psychiatric help. Even Charles Whitman (the University of Texas Tower shooter) was seeing a therapist before he committed his act. He told his therapist that he fantasized about climbing the UT tower and shooting on the people below. He went through with his plans without drugs but he still had cognitive issues (brain tumor.)

I don't get why it's so easy for people in this country to admit men like Hitler, Stalin, Bundy, and even as recent as Dahmer were just monsters. But when it comes to modern atrocities there must be some other motivating factor. It couldn't just be that the man was bad.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

If there was a second shooter, there would be footage of simultaneous fire? No?

I entertain the possibility of accomplice, but something went wrong with the exit plan.

I don't think there was multiple shooters or that would have been easy to spot in reviewing the tonnage of footage the FBI must have by now.

There's not footage of any shots coming from the 32nd floor. There WAS two windows broken out with rifles at each, one in a room behind doors locked from inside that room that LEO had to breach. Doesn't make sense if he was going from window to window.
But like I said no footage of shots regardless, and LEO/FBI are saying the cameras that were so meticulously set up (and wired to that locked room btw) weren't even on? Yeah right.

Edit: there is questionable audio from footage posted with 'talking' fire that doesnt match up w echo.
edit on 6-10-2017 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2017 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

I thought what they said is that they weren't recording. They don't need to be recording to be giving Paddock a live feed. I could be wrong about what they said in that press conference though.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Vegas shooter tried to buy tracer ammo at gun show

nypost.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I believe you are correct. At the press conference they stated that the cameras were Not recording . They did not say they were not switched on.
I believe they were on simply for monitoring purposes and not for preserving the incident for prosperity.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I thought what they said is that they weren't recording. They don't need to be recording to be giving Paddock a live feed. I could be wrong about what they said in that press conference though.

I could be mistaken, thanks
my point was more that there's no footage of one shooter let alone two but I realize the poster was probably referring to the audio from cellphone footage posted online.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That's true. They could have just been used to provide a picture of what was going on.
Thing is you have to wonder why you would need to have an idea if the cops were at your door if you were just going to off yourself when they got there anyway?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You know what else all those people had in common? Something happened in their lives that required them to seek psychiatric help. Even Charles Whitman (the University of Texas Tower shooter) was seeing a therapist before he committed his act. He told his therapist that he fantasized about climbing the UT tower and shooting on the people below. He went through with his plans without drugs but he still had cognitive issues (brain tumor.)

I don't get why it's so easy for people in this country to admit men like Hitler, Stalin, Bundy, and even as recent as Dahmer were just monsters. But when it comes to modern atrocities there must be some other motivating factor. It couldn't just be that the man was bad.

Lately...we are all seeing a rise in murders, mass atrocities and violent human massacres. What could be the trigger for these latest violent outbursts? Psychotropic drugs, maybe??? Honestly...I'm even wondering about Donald J. Trump's mental state of awareness and mental health. Is he going to start a war - or wars - that will result in the killing of millions of people?
edit on 6-10-2017 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 6-10-2017 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Looks like a new press conference is happening soon... standing by live on foxnews right now.

Hopefully they get asked some of these questions.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Honestly...I'm even wondering about Donald J. Trump's mental state of awareness and mental health. Is he going to start a war - or wars - that will result in the killing of millions of people?

Well that's an unexpected twist...

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
He wasn't shooting near the windows they were back where flashes couldn't be seen.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

He's 64 years old with no prior mental issues. He was gambling 8 hours before he did this? ?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The FBI knows he had help and they're trying to get who ever helped him to come forward.. it's clear he had help.. and they're trying to coax this person or group to come forward

new topics

top topics

<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join