It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: JohnFisher7611

It was pointed out by another member last night that he hated country music with a passion.

Source?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You guys are so busy arguing with one another that you can't see whats right in front of you. That's not him on the floor. He's too young to be 64. He's too skinny, and he has less hair. lol

No he liked Country.
edit on 5-10-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: antibren

i had the thought that he may have thought 134 would be a good line but found out it wasn't so he moved to 135. Or of course he could of planned to use 134 for another line toward the front.

Looking at maps, it seems as though the 135 line is better toward the crowd area. I could be wrong of course.

What's your take?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

That could indeed be a reason, but some of the confirmed bookings he made (where he insisted his rooms face the crowd) were concerts involving hip-hop/rap music, as well as pop & light rock, so I assumed the only connection between the 3 concerts he might have been targeting was the demographics of the attendants.

For hip-hop, rock, country & pop music, the only common denominator is the average age of the people there. Everything else, like their race, potential political leanings, income, etc. will vary for those categories, meaning he probably did not care about them as much.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

i had the thought that he may have thought 134 would be a good line but found out it wasn't so he moved to 135. Or of course he could of planned to use 134 for another line toward the front.

Looking at maps, it seems as though the 135 line is better toward the crowd area. I could be wrong of course.

What's your take?

I agree that 135 sight line would be better.
I had earlier questions that I addressed to a well known debunker that isn’t here anymore about the amount of brass vs shots fired. The explanation was more around the other window

Edit: not to mention the security system(minus peephole camera) was run through 32-134
edit on 5-10-2017 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I did not say it couldn’t be a reason but I have not seen a source that was he hated CW music. The only report I heard was he enjoyed going to live shows with his GF

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher7611

Sure it is possible. Anything is really at this point.
I'm sure they have much info they are holding back. Hope they release some of it soon!
Maybe he had kids overseas that he is with right now!
I am wondering who identified his body if he was shot in the face... hope they confirmed his ID with fingerprints...otherwise he might really be in the Phillipenes with his possibly fictional kids

link   
So I am a gun guy if you cant tell already and I have been to a lot of training classes taught by military and LEO.
I have had a couple of courses on what is called Close Quarter Battle. That's basically shooting inside rooms and buildings.
Now that does not make me an expert, I only get to train on this stuff occasionally it just means I got a slightly more informed opinion than the average guy.

One of the things we learn is what a nightmare halls and stairwells are. They are basically shooting galleries if you do not have a place to take cover in.
So I am trying to imagine how the SWAT made their approach to these rooms and how the raid went down.
Having done this in training I can not tell you how difficult it is to clear rooms, its just something you need to experience. Multiply a single room by dozens when we are talking about a hotel or a night club and I am not surprised at all why it would take SWAT a very lengthy amount of time to make their final entry to the room that this happened in.
so how could it have went down?
The report says they tried to make their way up the stairwell first and found the door blocked. That makes since, look at that 3D diagram and you can see the stairwell pops up about 5 feet form the double doors that enter his suite. If they encountered something blocking those doors and then they had to make their way back to the hallway that causes a problem.
They are now in whats called a "fatal funnel" that entire hallway (monitored by cameras) which has already been shown to be a danger (the guard got shot) looks to be about 50 to 60 yards long from the elevators to the doors of the suite. So they probably had those bullet proof shields we see SWAT teams carry when they breech houses as they moved down the hallway. Once they get there they have to address that cart.
They have to address that cart as they approach because they need the room for their team to "stack" on the room doors. They also do not want to have guys get shot through the door that is behind the cart (room 32134). It would be at this point that they would have spotted the wires on the cart for the cameras. I would think that would have them investigate and "clear" it for explosives.
So then they set their breech for the suite door. This could have been a charge of explosives but it could have also been a breeching round from a 40mm launcher or shotgun (explosives from the sound?).
Through the door they would have multiple teams one clearing left one clearing right. Going left would have them moving to the bedroom area of the suite, and into its bathroom. The team going right has to clear that bar area and the bathroom behind it. They would also be clearing the living space and this is where they see the body of Paddock. At this point they would have seen the connecting door to 32134 and they would set up breeching on it. They blow it open and clear that room as well.
Someone asked about sending a team directly into 32134. That sounds like a good plan but it causes problems if you do not communicate. It also causes problems if one team has to engage the bad guy and as they are shooting the rounds go through the wall and hit the other team. Then that team thinks they are taking fire and they begin to shoot back. that's bad form to shot your buddies.
So its best to just cover the door so you know that no one can get out and shoot you from behind, and clear the rooms all in a single direction.

link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

By now they could have matched prints. Officials going with the room renter to do a cover up or not affect a man hunt?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hey! Thats my theory!
already have been asking since yesterday who identified the body if he shot himself in the face! Hope they fingerprinted him! Hope they didn't just rely on room registration and his wallet. Where are the 2 planes he owned right now??

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
But then if it isn't him, Stephen knows they know it's not him so there is no surprise for him.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: antibren

I'm going to go slow, okay?

The above is an excerpt from your post. You were quoting another poster. There was a diagram and picture in the other poster's post. I would like to start here, okay?

First...I want you to look carefully at the picture of the food cart, specifically the wall immediately to the left of the cart. Do you see how there is both a light and room number (circled in red)? Okay, now look at the wall just to the left of that. Notice how the wall steps back about 4" and then continues out of the frame?

Second...okay, now look at the floorplan diagram for this same location. Notice how the wall doesn't have that little jog, but rather a several foot set-back immediately left of the door? This set back, or inlet, goes all the way to the backside of the tub in the bathroom.

Therefore, the picture was not taken at the same place as the doorway labeled "32-134" in the diagram. The wall alignment is different. I can't explain why the red circle appears to show a room number of 32-134, but I can tell you that by the National Fire Protection Assc (NFPA) Code, which is the governing Life Safety Code for the United States, this diagram has to reflect the exact layout of the walls. Not close, but exactly. A building cannot get a Occupancy Permit unless this is met. The reason is...in a smoke filled corridor firefighters may need to use this diagram to feel their way around, so it is imperative this diagram be accurate.

(End of part #1) Again, I am going to take these explanations very, very, slowly.

Let me know if you understand or if you have questions, okay? Do you agree?

edit on 10/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking

Hey! Thats my theory!
already have been asking since yesterday who identified the body if he shot himself in the face! Hope they fingerprinted him! Hope they didn't just rely on room registration and his wallet. Where are the 2 planes he owned right now??

We may not get anything good via prints as he is wearing those very untactical gloves but no sight of ear protection. Anyone who has fired a gun knows which are more important.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I think ppl assumed he didn't like country because he made a complaint...2 in fact about loud country music being played below his suite to the front desk the night before the shooting. I think I actually read he liked country music...somewhere.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 5 by tiredoflooking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The door labeled 134 is the interior door to 135, not the outer hallway door. (brown diagram) Compare to white diagram.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You could start by dropping the condescending tone.

As a engineer you know floor plans especially one as generic as Mandalay Bay vista suite example that they have a variety of small different details .
You whole argument is 4 inches..
Did you review the YouTube video of the exact same room taken obviously before the shooting?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking

I think ppl assumed he didn't like country because he made a complaint...2 in fact about loud country music being played below his suite to the front desk the night before the shooting. I think I actually read he liked country music...somewhere.

Wow I was unaware of this detail as well? Source?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No...we're not going there yet! I've spent a lot of time breaking this down. We're going to proceed in order.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I'm honestly not trying to be condescending at all. I'm actually trying to be nice...and helpful and respectful.

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join